• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

GB, I hear ya, but not sure there is a blueprint set in stone. All players are different and react differently and have to be treated as such. In an ideal world everyone should be given time. Its a business, however. When you choose to go out and buy a host of foreigners its not really always practical as a competitive club to then afford them 3 years to settle in. Fazio and Soldo are vets. When Chelski signed Eto last season on a 1 year deal, even tho he had never played in the PL or in England before, they must not have been too concerned about the prospect of having to 'ease him in very gently'. Regardless of how he actually turned out, their strategy up front must have been that he'd come in and hit the ground running. Part of the evaluation when/before buying a player must be a projection of how quickly you feel they will adapt. When we bought Soldo I doubt we felt it would take him this long to settle in and make an impact regardless of the circumstances that have transpired at the club.

Eto'o is probably a bad example as Mourinho had worked with him before and Chelsea can afford having someone like him on the bench just in case.

Some very senior/talented players have failed as well. Veron, Schevchenko, Sahin, Aquilani. Some never adjust. Soldado looks like he has changed his game to something we can use.

I still have a large degree of faith that Soldado will go on scoring run if he can just bang in a few goals in the league.

Rorschach, I agree with you. Watching him now, I have a feeling he could do just that and the best is yet to come. Confidence is a good thing, but he strikes me as mature and mentally tough and not too hung up on whats gone before.

Who: Trix
Where: COYS

"the more players that are promoted from the accademy the more money he has to spend on fewer players. Meaning the quality can in theory be higher as can their transfer fee's."

Lasr man to do this? Florentino Pérez during the Galatico era, said to have created a lot of discontent among Real's youth players as a result of being paid 20k p/w whilst Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo etc were on 100-200k p/w although it did win them league titles and the CL.

If this is our approach we could avoid such envy/bitternessin as we will never have such a wage gap :lol: but also in reality it coukd be the only way we could realistically compete at the top in years to come.

First things first, we need a strong consistent starting XI that can play together.

Lasr man to do this? Florentino Pérez during the Galatico era, said to have created a lot of discontent among Real's youth players as a result of being paid 20k p/w whilst Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo etc were on 100-200k p/w although it did win them league titles and the CL.

If this is our approach we could avoid such envy/bitternessin as we will never have such a wage gap :lol: but also in reality it coukd be the only way we could realistically compete at the top in years to come.

First things first, we need a strong consistent starting XI that can play together.

Or we could do as Arsenal and pay the likes of Frimpong and Bendtner 50-60-70 K a week.

2) A top notch CB - commanding but with a bit of pace. Probably go back in again for Moreno or Musacchio

We could not afford to pay the price asked for him last summer, so what makes you think we can afford to buy him now that he has signed a new contract?

Ease them into the country? Why are Spurs having such a problem, there are countless examples of players elsewhere arriving here and settling in and having an impact immediately

In fact new players tend to have excellent first years when no one knows what is expected of them

If Poch rates Fazio and Stambouli so highly they would have been in the team by now. Both in defence and deep central midfield we have been poor all season.

I was thinking about that today, especially when you think of the likes of Southampton this season and the strikers signed by West Ham

Why are Everton struggling? Eto'o and Besic are apparently doing well and the other two spent last season there on loan.

Why are Liverpool struggling? Their manager is on his third year and is supposed have this brilliant system. Most of their buys came from the same club as well.

Why are ManU struggling? They could pick and choose and brought in top class players and one of the most successful and experienced managers in the world.

West Brom spent a lot of money on Brown Ideye. Played in the Champions League with Dynamo Kiev and won the ACON with Nigeria. Hardly kicked a ball since arriving in England.

Don't be silly Jord, it's only players/managers/clubs doing well who we can judge ourselves on

Alen Halilović

I remember us being linked with him, i see he's currently in the Barcelona B team.

I dont see why we cant try and get him on loan in January from Barcelona and give him the playmaker role since this void has never been filled since Modders left.

Perhaps he might be a bit young but ive seen him play and been v impressed

Why are Everton struggling? Eto'o and Besic are apparently doing well and the other two spent last season there on loan.

Why are Liverpool struggling? Their manager is on his third year and is supposed have this brilliant system. Most of their buys came from the same club as well.

Why are ManU struggling? They could pick and choose and brought in top class players and one of the most successful and experienced managers in the world.

West Brom spent a lot of money on Brown Ideye. Played in the Champions League with Dynamo Kiev and won the ACON with Nigeria. Hardly kicked a ball since arriving in England.

I like this. Please post it every day at 6pm to remind people.

Haven't you learned anything in the last 4 years.....we are entitled.

I was thinking about that today, especially when you think of the likes of Southampton this season and the strikers signed by West Ham

:lol:

Southampton and West Ham... You doing anything with all those cherries after picking them?

=D>

Ease them in to the country/English game very gently you mean, rather than throwing them into the deep end and risk ruining their entire Spurs career, like happened to the 7 Beatles? Eriksen managed ok, but Chadli, Capoue, Lamela and Soldado have only pulled it back from the brink a year later, whereas for Paulinho and Chiriches it's probably proved fatal.

It's a very sensible approach, even though I'm as impatient as anyone to see them start ousting Kaboul and Capoue respectively.

Firstly - those ITKs are nonsense - I don't see how you can know all that. It's ridiculous - unless have access to Daniel Levy's brain.

Secondly - soldado pulled it back? A few decent 30mins in the last few games is not pulling it back. For 26m he can be only described as insipid.

We need to ship out Ade and Soldado by whatever means necessary next summer. ...Paulinho and chiriches at all costs and then you have a pick of about another 10 who can **** off too

Re: Michael Carrick / JonJo Shelvey

Cabaya would be an excellent target. Premiership experience, leadership qualities, bit of a mean streak

Cabaya would be an excellent target. Premiership experience, leadership qualities, bit of a mean streak

He's good. I like him too. Who would you pick over him and Scneiderlin given the choice?

I'd still lean towards the later considering he is a Poch acolyte already.

Re: Alen Halilović

I remember us being linked with him, i see he's currently in the Barcelona B team.

I dont see why we cant try and get him on loan in January from Barcelona and give him the playmaker role since this void has never been filled since Modders left.

Perhaps he might be a bit young but ive seen him play and been v impressed

Is he actually any better than Carroll, Mason or Kane though? I think we already have enough promising young players at the club and what we need now is a few proven players to bind us together.

He's good. I like him too. Who would you pick over him and Scneiderlin given the choice?

I'd still lean towards the later considering he is a Poch acolyte already.

There are probably now about 200,000 reasons a week why we couldn't sign Cabaye. I think once a player has made a big money move to PSG then they will be out of our price range wage wise.

I would've loved to have signed Schneiderlin last Summer as I would've given Pochettino a key player who already knew how to play in his system, at that time he was worth spending over the odds for. However now that period has been and gone I'm not sure that it is worth us spending the sort of over inflated fee Southampton would demand for him. Especially with it being so necessary for us to go out and spend money on a proper centre forward.

Would be a fantastic signing for sure! Any reason to think that he'll be available and gettable for us?

He has not settled in the PSG team and they do better when he is not playing, they just gave a new contract to their promising young player (rabbiot?) so he could make a move back to England. I would happily get rid of Paulinho, holtby and dembele and use the money for him and still have some left over.

As others have said time to go for quality and he is one that has done it in our league so should not have problems adapting, but really it should all come down to Poch and who he wants.

Back