• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

While I think Shaqiri is a good player, I don't think he is towards the top of the list in terms of what we need to bring in right now.

Surely at the moment we are currently crying out for a top class centre forward and a top class holding midfield player? After that it's probably another centre half (although perhaps this can be Dier and I am just assuming not because I am judging him on his poor performances at right back?) I think that over the last few years we have sometimes bloated our squad and wage bill with opportunistic signings instead of going out and signing what we really need. I think Shaqiri would be another one of thsoe types of signings.

central defender ahead of central midfield for me, maybe even ahead of the CF position. we're still yet to Stambouli given a run in the league so he could still prove to become a starter at this point. i suppose the same could be said of Fazio in defense though

Re: Xherdan Shaqiri

Tottenham will make a concerted effort to sign out-of-favour Bayern Munich winger Xherdan Shaqiri in January, though Serie A champions Juventus are also interested in acquiring the Switzerland international

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/rumours?ICID=TZ_TW1_VA

PLEASE NO!!!! He's worse than Townsend! Maybe if I worked as hard on his footballing as in the gym, maybe he would be a decent player. But he isn't! Massively overrated!

While I think Shaqiri is a good player, I don't think he is towards the top of the list in terms of what we need to bring in right now.

Surely at the moment we are currently crying out for a top class centre forward and a top class holding midfield player? After that it's probably another centre half (although perhaps this can be Dier and I am just assuming not because I am judging him on his poor performances at right back?) I think that over the last few years we have sometimes bloated our squad and wage bill with opportunistic signings instead of going out and signing what we really need. I think Shaqiri would be another one of thsoe types of signings.

It would be disappointing to me if we are in the market for a CB (again). Poch recently bought/wanted/ asked for Dier and Fazio...and since '10 games in to a season is too soon to judge' then I assume the jury is still out on these two at CB. Kaboul was named club captain. In addition, Chiriches hasn't started off well but was presumably thought highly enough by Poch that he was retained for this season (over Daws).

It would be disappointing to me if we are in the market for a CB (again). Poch recently bought/wanted/ asked for Dier and Fazio...and since '10 games in to a season is too soon to judge' then I assume the jury is still out on these two at CB. Kaboul was named club captain. In addition, Chiriches hasn't started off well but was presumably thought highly enough by Poch that he was retained for this season (over Daws).

It's a good point, in the last year we've bought, chirches, Dier and Fazio, if we're still looking for a centre half then it doesn't say much for our scouting, I'm sure they weren't just bought as squad fillers.

I happen to think Dier could be good at centre back and Fazio looks promising.

It's a good point, in the last year we've bought, chirches, Dier and Fazio, if we're still looking for a centre half then it doesn't say much for our scouting, I'm sure they weren't just bought as squad fillers.

I happen to think Dier could be good at centre back and Fazio looks promising.

Chiriches is hopeless.

I agree about the other two, but it seems as though Vertonghen might not be long term now (no longer discussing a contract extension) and Kaboul is clearly no longer up to it. We therefore still need a further centre half I think.

Chiriches is hopeless.

I agree about the other two, but it seems as though Vertonghen might not be long term now (no longer discussing a contract extension) and Kaboul is clearly no longer up to it. We therefore still need a further centre half I think.

assuming Kaboul is heading for the breakers yard and Chiriches was a bad signing who won't improve (for arguments sake)

Vertonghen Fazio Dier - Dier can be filed under potential for the time being i think, a 3rd/4th choice for the next couple of seasons one could imagine. Fazio we have no idea about at the minute - could have been signed as good back up option with the intention of moving for a genuine first choice once Pochettino has had a season to assess the players already here - or he could be seen first choice as the season progresses - either way it looks like we need a solid CB signing, either to move in front of Fazio in the pecking order or to be a back up option.

Vertonghen has 3 years left on his contract at the end of the season so assuming he picks his performance levels up i can see it being a case of him + 1 other for the time being

Scharr was linked quite heavily over the summer and didn't have long on his contract. Is this still the case?? Levy special incoming?

Watching these guys play today i'd love to see them both at Spurs. Recently we've bought too many foreign players from abroad and alot have been poor and many are still settling in, these guys i feel would settle into the team straight away.

Vlaar would fit in very nicely as our leader of the defence alongside JV and then Benteke can play upfront and be our main man alongside Harry Kane. I feel at the moment we lack a strong spine in the team and think both would be perfect additions.

I dont think Villa will sell both in Jan but at possibly we can move for them in the summer. After that we need a solid player maker cause right now Capoue isnt doing it and Mason is a work in progress.

What do we think?

Vlaar - I'm not sure offers much that Fazio doesn't already

Benteke - I don't think a big powerful forward would suit our play/the fact that we tend to play most games with high possession

Shaqiri - is Townsend

My two priorities for January would be:

1) A quick (ideally left) wing forward - Rodriguez, Andre Ayew and Konoplanka all have contract situations we can exploit (we can actually get Kono or Ayew free on a pre-contract in Jan and then maybe buy-out the last 6 months, like we did with Holtby).

2) A top notch CB - commanding but with a bit of pace. Probably go back in again for Moreno or Musacchio

We could probably manage to get a pair of those for around £20m, which could easily be offset by selling some of Chiriches, Paulinho, Dembele and Lennon

I agree with gutter boy. I think we are slow where it matters. Ideally I want :
- a pacy striker that makes quick 1-2 passes and make little darts in the channels behind the defence consistently

- pacy ball carrying midfielder

- a pacy CB to deal with balls behind our defenders

Vlaar - I'm not sure offers much that Fazio doesn't already

Benteke - I don't think a big powerful forward would suit our play/the fact that we tend to play most games with high possession

Shaqiri - is Townsend

My two priorities for January would be:

1) A quick (ideally left) wing forward - Rodriguez, Andre Ayew and Konoplanka all have contract situations we can exploit (we can actually get Kono or Ayew free on a pre-contract in Jan and then maybe buy-out the last 6 months, like we did with Holtby).

2) A top notch CB - commanding but with a bit of pace. Probably go back in again for Moreno or Musacchio

We could probably manage to get a pair of those for around £20m, which could easily be offset by selling some of Chiriches, Paulinho, Dembele and Lennon

Poch used Lambert fairly consistently at Southampton. When they signed a striker under Poch it was Osvaldo, not a huge target man, but certainly someone with a bit of power to him. At Spurs Poch has started Ade almost every league game. We do try to get our full backs forward into crossing positions and we're not averse to going direct towards a tall front man if available. Kane has been used quite frequently from the bench, also when we've dominated possession and been in need of a goal (like against Villa). Soldado on the other hand has only started when we weren't expected to dominate possession away to City and started in an attacking midfield position against Villa.

I'm not entirely convinced about Benteke, but I wouldn't be surprised if our next striker signing was fairly tall and strong.

- a pacy striker that makes quick 1-2 passes and make little darts in the channels behind the defence consistently

On deadline day another CM would have been my priority. But the way Mason has emerged, and with Bentaleb as an understudy, this definitely drops to a distant third on my list (though I certainly wouldn't say no to a Schneiderlin or Claisie).

Poch used Lambert fairly consistently at Southampton. When they signed a striker under Poch it was Osvaldo, not a huge target man, but certainly someone with a bit of power to him. At Spurs Poch has started Ade almost every league game. We do try to get our full backs forward into crossing positions and we're not averse to going direct towards a tall front man if available. Kane has been used quite frequently from the bench, also when we've dominated possession and been in need of a goal (like against Villa). Soldado on the other hand has only started when we weren't expected to dominate possession away to City and started in an attacking midfield position against Villa.

I'm not entirely convinced about Benteke, but I wouldn't be surprised if our next striker signing was fairly tall and strong.

Lambert is quite like Kane IMO - allround, clever, drops deep but then gets in box when he needs to. Someone like Benteke who just pushes the last CB back is no use when your opponents are already on their own 18 yard box.

I think Ade is getting less and less useful the more cohesive our AMs are becoming. His lack of movement is becoming more of a factor.

For me Rodriguez would be the perfect signing, because he would start at LWF/competition for Chadli, but is also 6'1" and can play as/will become in time a CF. Basically a Sturridge.

I'd be happy with Soldado, Kane and Rodriguez as our attacking trio - that covers all bases for me. A front 8 something like:

-------------------Soldado
--------------------(Kane)

Rodriguez------Eriksen---------Lamela
(Chadli)----(Carroll/Holtby)--(Townsend)

Who: Grey Fox
When: 28th October
Where: SC

Had long conversation about all things Spurs. Paulinho will be allowed to go in January if the right bid comes in. Brazilians not the flavour of the month in Pochs world. Still interested in Jay Rod and MS but MS might not want to come now! We are offering a choice of 3 players in part of any deal.

H Moreno still a target seems Fazio and Strambouli were make does, Lennon and Townsend could also be sold if bids come in. Expected to loan out a number of fringe players especially if we are out of cups come end of January.

Not such a happy camp these days Poch is now acting as bad cop and told players he won't put up with lack of effort and concentration.
Club are working hard on naming rights but nothing expected until cpo is sorted.

Who: Trix
Where: COYS

Only 4 (seniors) were told they were surplus, but there are others that would be let go should an offer come in. As Ali says though (and I have posted weeks ago in this thread) Stanbouli (sic) was a Poch target from the start. Mason has really impressed both on match days and in training which is why he's climbed in the pecking order. Expect more from the U21-18's to be in the squad(and playing bit parts) before the end of the season though, as Poch believes there are 2-3 that are very capable.

Who: Trix
Where: COYS

(In answer to ' until we are more risk adverse in the market we will never have the squad we want.'

You are right, however this hopefully is about to change. As you already know Ali I have been reluctant to post a lot of what I am being told for various reasons, but would like to chip in a little bit..

Like it or not for the next few foreseeable windows it will be more of the same. When I say this I mean there will be zero net spend, and we have to sell to buy. Now all that is said this is not all doom and gloom because things are slightly different than they were before because the transfer policy is slightly different now that Poch is here. The more we sell the more money Poch has to spend, and the more players that are promoted from the accademy the more money he has to spend on fewer players. Meaning the quality can in theory be higher as can their transfer fee's. This was always the idea behind Bulls Cross, and the huge changes that have been made in our youth policy over the last 5 years or so. It's also one of the main reasons Poch a manager known for promoting youth was brought in.

Of course this doesn't mean we can easily sell all those we want out, or that our wage bill will miraculously increase, but it is hopefully (from what I have been told) a slightly different playing field, and certainly a step in the right direction. It is of course another reason I believe Poch will be given time, that and the fact this was Lewis's prefferred appointment.

So one ITK says Stambouli was a make do, the other that he was a Poch target

He's doing what all ITKs do, passing off his own opinions as fact. We could easily be looking for another midfielder or defender without Fazio or Stambouli being make dos.

He's doing what all ITKs do, passing off his own opinions as fact. We could easily be looking for another midfielder or defender without Fazio or Stambouli being make dos.

I believe Ossie Ardiles, who said Poch was really keen on them

If Poch was really keen on Fazio and Stambouli, I'd hate to think how he will treat players signed who he wasn't that keen on.

Aguero
Fabregas
Kompany

Everything sorted out :D

Back