• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Re: Michael Carrick / JonJo Shelvey

I'd take Carrick back, yes. He's quality, something we've lost an awful lot of without replacing over the last couple of years. 8-10million is way OTT though!

Bentalebs not supposed to be playmaker. If Poch was interested in a playmaker in his midfield he's be playing Carroll or Eriksen in there.
Benteleb however is a more creative player and much better at picking out passes than Capoue, Dembele, Paulinho and Mason.

Throughout the youth teams Bentelab was never a creative player - he is very much a box to box player who has ability and gets up and down.

Mason and Carroll are two play makers and are in a different league in that respect

have you ever watched him not on highlights? He does do good things but from what I have seen (not many but from L'pool & Swansea fans opionon as well) he is a MOTD player - he will make good contribution but a lot of crap - would rather have kept Holtby.

Can't say I've ever watched MOTD for Swansea or Liverpool so I wouldn't know. Whenever I get around to watching Swansea he's usually always one of the top performers, good with either foot, not afraid to put a foot in, superb pass on him when if comes to spreading the ball across the pitch, he's like a younger Gerrard in that respect.

Just needs to take a game by the scruff on the neck.

8-10m for a 33.5 year old?!?!

I think Baldinis job is safe

If Capoue isn't working out by Jan ( too early to tell yet) then I'd take Carrick for 1.5 years. Would add some good experience and be an option. But not a starter every week.

Bentaleb was horrible against Forest.

But the big issue with young players is consistency.

I wouldn't necessarily use him in the big games yet, but he's going to be a cracking player.

I expect we'll go back in for Schneiderlin in Jan/next summer anyway. If not Claise would be a cheaper option. We've also still not seen Stambouli up to speed yet.

Ok, but i think your missing the point. We dont have a quality 'creative/player maker' in the squad so we need to buy one.. We need to look further a field in my view.

What is Eriksen if not that :)

Re: Lass Diarra

Lol. We have been rumoured to he signing this guy since the last decade I think. It would be momentous. Almost like finally signing David Villa would have been. Or Stewart Downing.

Shock transfer for Morientes coming up? Still only 38!

Definitely. He's a free agent so no fee - the financial risk is confined to his wages and signing bonus etc. Definitely worth a go

Only question is that, given we dont presumably need 3 DMs in the squad, does this mean Capour is off in Jan? Stambo cant be leaving surely - he hasnt played!

I saw the other day that he was being released by Lokomotiv Moscow and wondered how long it would take for the link to come up! He's one of those Stuart Downing-type links that just never goes away.

Isn't the big problem with Diarra that he has this red-blood cell disorder - an "unpredictable illness" which when it flares necessitates "rest for indeterminate periods"? He's been in Russia for 4 years now and only clocked up 35 appearances.

Also remember Capoue and Stambouli get picked for France ahead of him (he was last called up prior to the 2010 WC).

I bet Redknapp takes him to QPR if he keeps his job till January.

We should wait for Song. He owned City's midfield, some of his passing was excellent and it would **** off the caravan club no end.

Would have been funny if Harry was here trying to sign him - you can only imagine the absurd posts that would have been posted.

ps - there is no way he is 29... maybe 29 leap years yep

I see reports in Germany say we are in advanced talks with Kramer. Being a big admirer of the way Gladbach play, he absolutely owned midfield against Bayern Munich yesterday and he'd be a welcome in our team.

Back