• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

When he finally came into the side during his first season, I would argue that he and Bale were the main reasons we ended up with out highest-ever points total. To be fair to some here (not me, I cannot claim it) Bale had already been cited as papering over some major cracks. I'd say Lloris was also very important. A lot of 1-0 games.

As for the second bit, to be fair, you did preface it by saying FWIW...well, it's worth about the same as a Brazilian cruzeiro right now i.e. nothing. Football is not simply about statistics. And how do you quantify worth?

Lloris did play well (particularly his sweeping) but we had a generally solid unit back then, he wasn't having to make wonder saves every week as we gave up very few clear cut chances.

not being biased but Siggy is one of the best players in the PL so far this season. Based on how the national team is doing he is or is on his way to be a better player than VDV. He was never utilized in the position he was suppose to play. VDV was.

Completely agree, he was completely miss-managed here.

Even playing out of position he contributed more than most of our creative players last year, I still can not believe we let him go and kept others.

As for the second bit, to be fair, you did preface it by saying FWIW...well, it's worth about the same as a Brazilian cruzeiro right now i.e. nothing. Football is not simply about statistics. And how do you quantify worth?

obviously this topic very hypothetical, and no-one can definitively prove anything either way. but its worth noting that when big big players like bale, modric, c.ronaldo, fabregas, rvp, henry, torres etc leave their clubs, the club very rarely has any dramatic fall in perfomance the following year. in the cases of the players mentioned above, a number of times, the club actually went on to perform better than they had done previously.

often those players only look as good as they did because of the way the team was set up to suit them, and maximise their qualities. hence you sometimes see players those players not play so well at their new clubs. highlighted by the very extreme cases of torres and shevchenko. when teams sell on these stars, they often find a new way of playing, and are able to produce similar overall results to that of before. big problems only really occur when a whole nucleus of a team is sold off. thats why arsenal are always where they are despite losing a key player every other year.

also, sometimes these superstar players inhibit other players who could otherwise shine more in other teams/setups. ie. ronaldo on ozil/di maria/isco/benzema etc if ronaldo wasnt there, im sure all those other guys' goals and assist stats would increase. the rise of bale meant that someone like lennon had to take a more defensive role. fabregas really became worldclass once henry was sold off. once rvp's 30 goals a year was sold to utd, guys like walcott really started to increase their number of goals. basically, rvp's goals were spread around the team, compared to before, when rvp was arguably the only source of consistent goals.

zlatan is probably the perfect example of a player who is undoubtably world class, but massively inhibits his teammates. and without ronaldo or messi im confident guys like di maria and pedro would have been recognised footballers.

Football is more of a team game than many fans think, and its important to have a whole set of good players, rather than 1 or 2 superstars.

Last edited:
Tottenham move for Croatia hitman Andrej Kramaric but face competition from AC Milan and Inter Milan

Andrej Kramaric, valued at £10m, has scored 27 in 19 games this season
Italian giants AC Milan and Inter are also keen on the Croatia international
Tottenham have been looking at a number of targets including Jay Rodriguez and Saido Berahino

Tottenham have made an enquiry for Croatia international striker Andrej Kramaric.

The 23-year-old plays for HNK Rijeka and has been valued at £10million after a startling season which has seen him score 27 goals in 19 games for club and country so far.

AC Milan and Inter are both keen on Kramaric but believed he could be prised out for £4million as part of a get-out clause.

However, the deadline for that clause has passed and any suitors will have to spend double that to sign him.

Tottenham have been looking for strikers with Southampton’s Jay Rodriguez and Saido Berahino of West Brom among those admired while Maurico Pochettino also saw Sandro Ramirez score for Barcelona B last weekend.

Kramaric though is tipped to follow in the footsteps of former Croatia striker Davor Suker with his scoring exploits and has attracted attention from Napoli and Monaco also.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Says in the Standard that one of the Italian clubs think he's about to sign for Chelsea. The classic 'let's sign him so nobody else get to'.

Andrej Kramaric, valued at £10m, has scored 27 in 19 games this season
Tottenham have been looking at a number of targets including Jay Rodriguez and Saido Berahino

The 23-year-old plays for HNK Rijeka and has been valued at £10million after a startling season which has seen him score 27 goals in 19 games for club and country so far.

Never heard of him. I'm sure Spurs would soon turn him into a 3 goal a season striker with a host of fluffed chances and sub appearances.

I assume Berahino et al would score 37 in 19 in a league like that?

the last thing we need is to bring in another player who will need adjustment time, we should focus the next window on proven pl performers we can plug straight in to MP's preferred system

Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp has admitted he would be open to offers from Premier League clubs, saying England is the only other country in which he would consider working. (Daily Mail)

Aw bummer. 4 months too late, not that we would have had a chance of him coming to WHL I suppose

I'm not convinced by him yet. There's just a niggly thing that makes me think he'll be the next Defoe.

Reminds me of Defoe as well but seems to have a better grasp of the offside rule. The question is whether he is as streaky as JD. I'd take him though.

Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp has admitted he would be open to offers from Premier League clubs, saying England is the only other country in which he would consider working. (Daily Mail)

Aw bummer. 4 months too late, not that we would have had a chance of him coming to WHL I suppose

More like Klopp missed his window. There were quite a few clubs who wanted him last summer.

he stayed too long, it was always gonna be a bell curve for Dortmund, I think he could do very well in the PL

Just get Berahino in, him and Kane could be a potent partnership over next few years.

Berahino was talked about on the football ramble, apparently Berahino believes in his own hype, a very arrogant young man. James Morrison apparently knocked him out once :D

Not sure if I want him at Spurs

obviously this topic very hypothetical, and no-one can definitively prove anything either way. but its worth noting that when big big players like bale, modric, c.ronaldo, fabregas, rvp, henry, torres etc leave their clubs, the club very rarely has any dramatic fall in perfomance the following year. in the cases of the players mentioned above, a number of times, the club actually went on to perform better than they had done previously.

often those players only look as good as they did because of the way the team was set up to suit them, and maximise their qualities. hence you sometimes see players those players not play so well at their new clubs. highlighted by the very extreme cases of torres and shevchenko. when teams sell on these stars, they often find a new way of playing, and are able to produce similar overall results to that of before. big problems only really occur when a whole nucleus of a team is sold off. thats why arsenal are always where they are despite losing a key player every other year.

also, sometimes these superstar players inhibit other players who could otherwise shine more in other teams/setups. ie. ronaldo on ozil/di maria/isco/benzema etc if ronaldo wasnt there, im sure all those other guys' goals and assist stats would increase. the rise of bale meant that someone like lennon had to take a more defensive role. fabregas really became worldclass once henry was sold off. once rvp's 30 goals a year was sold to utd, guys like walcott really started to increase their number of goals. basically, rvp's goals were spread around the team, compared to before, when rvp was arguably the only source of consistent goals.

zlatan is probably the perfect example of a player who is undoubtably world class, but massively inhibits his teammates. and without ronaldo or messi im confident guys like di maria and pedro would have been recognised footballers.

Football is more of a team game than many fans think, and its important to have a whole set of good players, rather than 1 or 2 superstars.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that, largely because I've believed it (and spent a decade coaching it with youths) my entire life. Indeed, you might remember myself, GB and a couple of others stating that AVB had set us up in his first season to maximize the potential of one star by using the team as base and supplier. My point was that I do not use stats to measure matters of performance. But I'll bet I could single out at least7 goals he saved which would've taken points from us. As for Bale, well, he won us many points.,yes, the team was built to give him that platform of effectiveness and stats for that season will never give that sort of context

Berahino was talked about on the football ramble, apparently Berahino believes in his own hype, a very arrogant young man. James Morrison apparently knocked him out once :D

Not sure if I want him at Spurs

Arrogance is ok, as long as they have the ability to go with it. Talking extremes, Ronaldo has always been considered to be arrogant and yet I doubt that any of you would refuse his move to our club if there were ever any chance.

No, instead a player needs to possess the right working attitude & the right skillset. The real question is whether Berahino possess these skills. I would prefer us to sign Ings but I'm open to the alternative.

Manchester United have agreed a deal with Bayern Munich which would see Spanish summer signing Ander Herrera, 25, depart for Germany in exchange for £7m and another midfielder -

Meanwhile, Atletico Madrid are willing to accept a £20m offer from Manchester United for 30-year-old Brazil centre-back Miranda. (Daily Star Sunday)

Everton are set to offer £10m for Basel striker Breel Embolo, 17, who came to their attention in the Swiss club's win against Liverpool in the Champions League in October. (Sun - subscription required)

Chelsea are lining up a £20m summer move for Everton's 26-year-old Republic of Ireland right-back Seamus Coleman. (Mail on Sunday)

Liverpool's 32-year-old England striker Rickie Lambert, a £4m signing in the summer, could return to his old club Southampton on a six-month loan deal in January. (Express)

And the Reds are preparing a £10m bid to sign England Under-21 winger Nathan Redmond, 20, from Norwich in January. (Daily Star Sunday)

Tottenham and Aston Villa are working on a swap deal involving midfielder Fabian Delph, 25, going to White Hart Lane with Spurs midfielder Lewis Holtby, 24, making the move in the opposite direction. (Sun - subscription required)

Hull City boss Steve Bruce says top clubs are already sniffing around £12m-rated Scotland full-back Andy Robertson, 20, who joined the Tigers from Dundee United in the summer. (Sunday People)

Five officials with connections to Fifa who were involved in the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups are at the centre of a Swiss criminal investigation, according to Jerome Champagne, who is currently the only rival to Sepp Blatter for next year's Fifa presidential election. (Mail on Sunday)

Meanwhile, Fifa vice-president Jim Boyce says world football's governing body must make the full findings of its World Cup corruption inquiry available to its executives. (Telegraph)

Arsenal are set to offer England midfielder Jack Wheelchair, 22, a new five-year deal that will put him among the club's top earners with wages of around £150,000 a week. (Sunday Mirror)
Express

Former Liverpool midfielder Jan Molby has urged Reds boss Brendan Rodgers to give midfielder Adam Lallana, 26, a run of games "to get his Anfield career off the ground". (Daily Star)

Meanwhile, some senior Liverpool players are frustrated with Rodgers for his perceived favouritism towards Italy striker Mario Balotelli, 24, who has scored only twice in 14 appearances for the Reds this season. (Sunday Mirror)

Meanwhile, Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard, 34, is eager to see German midfielder Emre Can, 20, make his mark at Anfield following his summer move from Bayer Leverkusen. (Guardian)

Neil Warnock's job as Crystal Palace manager is already under threat after a five-game winless run, amid claims that a number of players are unimpressed by the 65-year-old's methods. (Sunday People)

England manager Roy Hodgson wants to hold an informal get-together of his squad over the winter to build on the feel-good factor ahead of the next round of Euro 2016 qualifiers. (Telegraph)

Manchester United have agreed a deal with Bayern Munich which would see Spanish summer signing Ander Herrera, 25, depart for Germany in exchange for £7m and another midfielder -

Meanwhile, Atletico Madrid are willing to accept a £20m offer from Manchester United for 30-year-old Brazil centre-back Miranda. (Daily Star Sunday)

Everton are set to offer £10m for Basel striker Breel Embolo, 17, who came to their attention in the Swiss club's win against Liverpool in the Champions League in October. (Sun - subscription required)

Chelsea are lining up a £20m summer move for Everton's 26-year-old Republic of Ireland right-back Seamus Coleman. (Mail on Sunday)

Liverpool's 32-year-old England striker Rickie Lambert, a £4m signing in the summer, could return to his old club Southampton on a six-month loan deal in January. (Express)

And the Reds are preparing a £10m bid to sign England Under-21 winger Nathan Redmond, 20, from Norwich in January. (Daily Star Sunday)

Tottenham and Aston Villa are working on a swap deal involving midfielder Fabian Delph, 25, going to White Hart Lane with Spurs midfielder Lewis Holtby, 24, making the move in the opposite direction. (Sun - subscription required)

Hull City boss Steve Bruce says top clubs are already sniffing around £12m-rated Scotland full-back Andy Robertson, 20, who joined the Tigers from Dundee United in the summer. (Sunday People)

Five officials with connections to Fifa who were involved in the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups are at the centre of a Swiss criminal investigation, according to Jerome Champagne, who is currently the only rival to Sepp Blatter for next year's Fifa presidential election. (Mail on Sunday)

Meanwhile, Fifa vice-president Jim Boyce says world football's governing body must make the full findings of its World Cup corruption inquiry available to its executives. (Telegraph)

Arsenal are set to offer England midfielder Jack Wheelchair, 22, a new five-year deal that will put him among the club's top earners with wages of around £150,000 a week. (Sunday Mirror)
Express

Former Liverpool midfielder Jan Molby has urged Reds boss Brendan Rodgers to give midfielder Adam Lallana, 26, a run of games "to get his Anfield career off the ground". (Daily Star)

Meanwhile, some senior Liverpool players are frustrated with Rodgers for his perceived favouritism towards Italy striker Mario Balotelli, 24, who has scored only twice in 14 appearances for the Reds this season. (Sunday Mirror)

Meanwhile, Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard, 34, is eager to see German midfielder Emre Can, 20, make his mark at Anfield following his summer move from Bayer Leverkusen. (Guardian)

Neil Warnock's job as Crystal Palace manager is already under threat after a five-game winless run, amid claims that a number of players are unimpressed by the 65-year-old's methods. (Sunday People)

England manager Roy Hodgson wants to hold an informal get-together of his squad over the winter to build on the feel-good factor ahead of the next round of Euro 2016 qualifiers. (Telegraph)

Sorry but hasn't Hotby been sold?

Back