• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I like the idea of a striker that links play but I prefer the idea of a striker that costs 20+ per season.

i enjoyed the win.

Me too... I always want us to win every game no matter who is playing for us or managing us (unlike some people on this forum I think). I would like us to always play our best team however and currently I think that means no Soldado and sadly no Lamela either.

How can Paul Mitchell have already identified players for Poch to look at, he has not been in the job a week yet, and we all know that it takes a director of football longer then that to identify targets which is why none of last summers transfers are Baldini's fault.

He's not in the job at all yet.

He'll have 3-6 months of gardening leave to see out as per his Southampton contract.

And Southampton probably own the IP of his Black Box, so he'll need to start from scratch and write all his algorithms anew.

Got any interviews or articles that go in to detail about this algorithms stuff GB - have yet to see any mention of it relating to Mitchell and his work

Got any interviews or articles that go in to detail about this algorithms stuff GB - have yet to see any mention of it relating to Mitchell and his work

Just that video Southampton released a few weeks ago talking about their new training ground and discussing the black box.

I'm assuming it's like the one Everton have been using for a few years, which there's been more written about. It's basically like a supped-up version of Football Manager I think

No. But it's what you get pretty much anywhere you try and process that much data. To me everything about the black box was insinuating that's what it was.

Sounds like you're reaching a bit there - black box was a glorified mini cinema from what i could see - a place for the relevant people to view the videos compiled by his team. Probably got a bit of high tech equipment in there along the lines of G.Nevs giant ipad on MNF but that's about it

Is Eriksen incompatible? As he clearly wasn't able to track or help defend in the first half.
Is Lamela malcontent as has ability but plays for himself?

This is a Manager's job, you have to blend these characters or get rid. But the Manager does need authority, however, it looks as if Poch is beginning to get his excuses in.

I would assume incompatibles would be Paulinho, Dembele and Chiriches (though the latter did well)

If there's a split, it seems to be between the Spanish and young English new guard vs the French and old English old guard. As long as Lloris is on the right side anyway.

Last edited:
I should have sworn I read that Hamburg had to activate Holtbys purchase clause after a set amount of appearances which he's already passed for the club and will get completed in the next window. It was to do with Hamburg not being able to afford him out right in the Summer.

Yeah he's pretty much a Hamburg player now. Theyre paying 6.5m for him at the end of the season unless he gets seriously injured in the meantime.

Sounds like you're reaching a bit there - black box was a glorified mini cinema from what i could see - a place for the relevant people to view the videos compiled by his team. Probably got a bit of high tech equipment in there along the lines of G.Nevs giant ipad on MNF but that's about it

Here's so info about what James Smith does at Everton (note the comment: "in which mathematical algorithms form a key part of the armoury". I'd assume Mitchell would be at least as scientific: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...stars-owe-the-scouts-a-huge-debt-8749142.html

He's not in the job at all yet.

He'll have 3-6 months of gardening leave to see out as per his Southampton contract.

And Southampton probably own the IP of his Black Box, so he'll need to start from scratch and write all his algorithms anew.

The Black Box is just a room ffs with a big screen in it.

Arsenal are showing interest in Basel centre-half Fabian Schar, 22, and could make a move for him in January. (Daily Star)

Manchester United and Arsenal are competing for the £12m signature of 20-year-old Hull left back Andy Robertson, who cost the Tigers just £2.85m from Dundee United in the summer. (Daily Express)

Everton manager Roberto Martinez wants to sign Wigan midfielder Shaun Maloney, 31, who he managed during his time as boss of the Latics. (Daily Mail)

Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva, 27, could leave Anfield to join up with former Reds boss Rafa Benitez at Napoli in January. (Daily Star)

Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi, 21, dubbed the new Ronaldo, is being linked with a £28m summer move to Liverpool or Chelsea. (Daily Express)

Liverpool are planning for life after Brendan Rodgers after lining up Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp as his potential replacement. (Metro)

And Rodgers admits his position is under threat after his side's poor start to the season. (Daily Mirror)

Meanwhile, Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli, 24, has given himself a rating of seven out of 10 for this season, despite not yet scoring a league goal, because he believes he is running more than when he played for Emirates Marketing Project. (Fox Sports Australia)

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho says their impressive start reminds him of the season his Real Madrid side clocked up 100 points. (Daily Mirror)

Emirates Marketing Project manager Manuel Pellegrini believes Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola should manage in the Premier League one day. (Daily Mail)

Former Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes, 32, is unlikely to be fit enough to play for new club Manchester United until December at the earliest. (Daily Star)

Hull manager Steve Bruce fears the integrity of the Premier League is being ruined by player behaviour - claiming his midfielder Gaston Ramirez was sent off during Sunday's 2-1 home defeat against Tottenham because of centre-back Jan Vertonghen's melodramatic reaction. (Times - subscription only)

Everton's Romelu Lukaku, 21, has the potential to be the best striker in the world, says manager Roberto Martinez. (Liverpool Echo)

On-loan midfielder Niko Kranjcar, 30, plans to fight his way to a permanent move to QPR, despite having not started any of their last six games. (Daily Mirror)

Hull manager Steve Bruce fears the integrity of the Premier League is being ruined by player behaviour - claiming his midfielder Gaston Ramirez was sent off during Sunday's 2-1 home defeat against Tottenham because of centre-back Jan Vertonghen's melodramatic reaction. (Times - subscription only)

I think Bruce is seriously misdirecting his anger here.... From what I saw Ramirez kind of kicked Vertonghen's legs away. Vertonghen ended up on the floor as a result of this and then didn't roll around and fake injury but instead just put his arms out as if to say "What are you doing?" Also after the incident when the ref came back to talk to the linesman Vertonghen was nowhere to be seen and certainly wasn't in the referee's ear telling him to send the player off.

If I were Vertonghen I would ask why earlier in the game his own player spent a minute laying on the floor clutching his leg to make sure Dier was booked and then was able to smile and laugh when his teammate kicked the ball into his head as he was laying there?

Back