• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

I read last season that he plans to come back to England so that his daughter can go to school here.

I guess there is english speaking schools in Madrid.
If he keeps this form going he'll be thier "replacement" for Cristiano, no doubt. I think it's far more probabale that Manchester United (I'm annoyed by "everyone" calling Manchester United -> United) will buy C. Ronaldo in a space of two years than Bale. Bale was something truly special at Spurs, once in a lifetime imo.

Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly set to do battle for Chelsea forward Andre Schurrle this January.

Despite featuring in Germany's World Cup-winning team last summer, the 24-year-old has found himself on the fringes of Jose Mourinho' team this season and has even been criticised for producing inconsistent performances.

The Daily Express claims that Liverpool and Spurs will launch £25m bids in the forthcoming transfer window as both clubs look to bolster misfiring front lines.

Chelsea have been monitoring a number of targets including Gareth Bale and Marco Reus and could be willing to cash in on the German international to make away for new additions.

However, Liverpool and Tottenham could face competition from Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid in the race to sign the former Bayer Leverkusen star.

I disagree. The way the Spanish press appear to be reporting things is that he's yet to earn his price tag and that he needs to do an aweful lot more.

Yeah and a lot of Real fans feel they play better as a team without Bale. They seem to prefer Modric, Kroos, Isco, James, Ronaldo and Benzema as their attacking force.

Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly set to do battle for Chelsea forward Andre Schurrle this January.

Despite featuring in Germany's World Cup-winning team last summer, the 24-year-old has found himself on the fringes of Jose Mourinho' team this season and has even been criticised for producing inconsistent performances.

The Daily Express claims that Liverpool and Spurs will launch £25m bids in the forthcoming transfer window as both clubs look to bolster misfiring front lines.

Chelsea have been monitoring a number of targets including Gareth Bale and Marco Reus and could be willing to cash in on the German international to make away for new additions.

However, Liverpool and Tottenham could face competition from Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid in the race to sign the former Bayer Leverkusen star.

Even if there is some truth in this story, and optimistically assuming that Schurrle would be at all interested in joining us, I can't see Chelsea selling any top players to us - however unwanted or unused they might be.

Yeah and a lot of Real fans feel they play better as a team without Bale. They seem to prefer Modric, Kroos, Isco, James, Ronaldo and Benzema as their attacking force.

Not the fans, but actually the partisan pro Spanish newspapers of As and Marca. They blatantly support Isco even when he plays poorly and their vomit inducing support for Casillas when the guy has been sub-standard for well over two seasons are just two examples of them pushing the Spaniard over his immediate foreign challenger, which in the case of Isco is Bale.

Don't be fooled by these rags and their self identification as being the voice of the fans, most merengues (Madrid fans) are majorly pro Bale and not convinced by Isco's poor passing stats and terrible lack of athleticism. His winner last year against Barca has also ensured a fare amount of goodwill and a lasting bond with the fans.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Last edited:
Even if there is some truth in this story, and optimistically assuming that Schurrle would be at all interested in joining us, I can't see Chelsea selling any top players to us - however unwanted or unused they might be.

I could. We are no longer a threat to them.

I could. We are no longer a threat to them.

It's not a question of being a threat. We haven't been a threat to them for the past decade. It's more to do with the fact that we have history with them (the Modric saga) and that it wouldn't play well with their fans if they sold good players to us when they could just as easily sell them to other clubs for the same amount.

In the past I would 100% agree, right now we are more of a threat to West Ham than to Chelsea. Possibly selling a decent player to us may even help to Chelsea if it aids us take points off their closer rivals.
Lets face it I doubt we are going to battling Chelsea for the title in the near future

Not the fans, but actually the partisan pro Spanish newspapers of As and Marca. They blatantly support Isco even when he plays poorly and their vomit inducing support for Casillas when the guy has been sub-standard for well over two seasons are just two examples of them pushing the Spaniard over his immediate foreign challenger, which in the case of Isco is Bale.

Don't be fooled by these rags and their self identification as being the voice of the fans, most merengues (Madrid fans) are majorly pro Bale and not convinced by Isco's poor passing stats and terrible lack of athleticism. His winner last year against Barca has also ensured a fare amount of goodwill and a lasting bond with the fans.

Bang on. My brother married into a family of madridistas and they love Bale and think he's improving all the time. He's going nowhere.

Last edited:
Bang on. My brother married into a family madridistas and they love bale and thing he's improving all the time. He's going no where.

That's my excuse also. Have had a season ticket at the Bernabeu since 2000, however am now living in Oz, so my father law and wife's cousins go to the stadium.

New Inter Milan boss Roberto Mancini is weighing up January loan moves for a host of Premier League players, including Emirates Marketing Project defender Matija Nastasic, 21, Spurs defender Vlad Chiriches, 25, and Chelsea winger Mohamed Salah, 22. (Football Italia)

However, Nastasic has been offered to Arsenal and Tottenham for a cut-price £5m. (Goal.com)

Chiriches Out Nastasic In From what I have seen so far of him, I would take that bit of transfer action

Schurrle would be brilliant. Quality player who also works hard. We're not going to get him on current form though. :(

Nastasic looked quality when he arrived, if he was available for £5m or so then I think that would be a goof deal.

That's my excuse also. Have had a season ticket at the Bernabeu since 2000, however am now living in Oz, so my father law and wife's cousins go to the stadium.

How much is a season ticket?

Back