• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Emirates Marketing Project have been told they will have to shell out a British-record transfer fee of £60m to prise midfielder Ross Barkley, 22, away from Everton. (Manchester Evening News)

Real Madrid are considering selling Gareth Bale, 25, to Chelsea in a £90m deal at the end of the season. (Express)

Manchester United want on-loan striker Radamel Falcao, 28, to prove his fitness before committing to a £43m transfer. (Mirror)

Germany boss Joachim Low has urged forward Lukas Podolski, 29, to leave Arsenal in order to secure his international career. (Daily Star)

However, the Gunners' hops of signing Podolski's international colleague Sami Khedira have been dashed after the 27-year-old midfielder confirmed his intention to stay at Real Madrid. (The Sun - subscription required)

Instead, Arsenal could turn to Sevilla midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak, 24, in a £24m deal . (Express)

Manchester United are closing in on the signing of Memphis Depay after his club PSV confirmed they will sell the 20-year-old Dutch winger. (Metro)

Inter Milan are poised to make a double swoop for Arsenal striker Joel Campbell, 22, and Spurs defender Vlad Chiriches, 24. (Daily Mirror)

The Nerazzurri are also keen on Emirates Marketing Project defender Matija Nastasic, 21, and Liverpool striker Fabio Borini, 23. (Daily Mail)

Colombian striker Teo Gutierrez, 29, has set his sights on a dream move to Tottenham. (Sky Sports)

Midfielder Emanuele Giaccherini, 29, says he is happy at Sunderland but admits he is flattered by talk of interest from his native Italy . (Sunderland Echo)

Yeovil Town could move for Saudi Sportswashing Machine midfielder Gael Bigirimana, 21, on loan. (Saudi Sportswashing Machine Chronicle)

Birmingham City are weighing up the signing of free agent midfielder Guy Moussi, 29. (Birmingham Mail)

Former Manchester United manager David Moyes says he was advised by Sir Alex Ferguson to take the job at Real Sociedad. (Daily Mail)

Moyes has described La Liga as "the world's best" domestic league following his arrival in Spain. (Telegraph)

Former Cardiff boss Malky Mackay has emerged as the leading candidate to take over at Wigan following the dismissal of Uwe Rosler. (Mirror)

Malky Mackay could be in line for a shock return to management at Wigan

Striker Divock Origi, 19, has told Liverpool he wants to cut short his loan spell at Lille and join them ahead of schedule. (Guardian)

Everton defender Leighton Baines says England's players are united in their desire to see manger Roy Hodgson offered a new contract. (Telegraph)

Football's world governing body Fifa faces a corruption investigation by the FBI. (The Times - subscription required)

Wales manager Chris Coleman says his team are confident of pulling off an upset in Belgium on Sunday. (Sky Sports)

Petr Cech, 32, says he will stay at Chelsea despite no longer being the team's first-choice goalkeeper. (Evening Standard)

Stoke City midfielder Marko Arnautovic, 25, says he has laid bare his frustrations at losing his starting place to manager Mark Hughes. (Stoke Sentinel)

England Under-21 coach Gareth Southgate has backed Burnley's Danny Ings, 22, to improve his goalscoring record as the season goes on. (Burnley Express)

That's a bit of a stretch, to be honest. If it was true, he wouldn't be at Espanyol.

And as with any foreign player - especially a central defender - there is that question mark hanging over him as to whether or not he will cope well with English football. He isn't the tallest of centre backs, for instance.

And no, Chris Smalling is not who I had in mind! Joleon Lescott is a name that has been mentioned in recent discussions here, though. Not a glamorous or sexy name. Not a stylish player. But solid, mostly dependable and battle hardened.

Even so, I don't entirely disagree with you. I would prefer to take a longer term approach to team building - so long as there is a clear plan rather than a mere scattergun, moneyball approach to signings; and so long as players are thoroughly scouted in every respect rather than us ending up with players who, while possibly very talented, seem clearly unsuited to the Premier League. I'd also like us, once again, to develop a British core to the team - preferably from our own academy.

Not a glamorous name but if we were after battled hardened Premier League defenders, how about Ryan Shawcross?

Shawcross is the type of player we would need, but he still makes a good few mistakes each game. I know the Stoke fans love him, but he's far from flawless.

better to go for reid than shawcross.

the guy has no pace and no finesse to his game. basically the problems that dawson had. every time a new manager comes in, they will have a bias against him. and rightly so; we are trying to become a top top side. top sides have players like david luiz, koscielny, thiago silva, varane, pique, kompany, ramos in defence. guys who are very good one vs one when they are left isolated.

Last edited:
Can't see why RM would sell Bale tbh, 20 goals in the league so far f ex. But yeah, seeing Bale for another english team would be excruciating.
I expected him to come back to the UK within 3 years tbh. He has lived his Real Madrid dream but it was never gonna be forever and that club chews and spits out talent like no other, so yeah he will be back at Chelsea, Utd or City. I think Utd will pay 100 mill for him.

i really dont think we need to new names in cb. some of the names we have been linked to are vlaar, shawcross, reid. these guys are no better than what we already have. in all seriousness, they are probably worse. for some reason as a unit, we are having problems right throughout the team. we need to work on this. not buy players who arent as good as what we already have.

I expected him to come back to the UK within 3 years tbh. He has lived his Real Madrid dream but it was never gonna be forever and that club chews and spits out talent like no other, so yeah he will be back at Chelsea, Utd or City. I think Utd will pay 100 mill for him.

I don't think so, 3 years maybe the norm for real, but Bale is that Real "ideal", a very talented player +worldwide name +marketable brand, those they tend to keep around a bit longer.

Most of the top end talent Real has let go over the last few years have been the players who haven't raised their marketability.

i really dont think we need to new names in cb. some of the names we have been linked to are vlaar, shawcross, reid. these guys are no better than what we already have. in all seriousness, they are probably worse. for some reason as a unit, we are having problems right throughout the team. we need to work on this. not buy players who arent as good as what we already have.

Our problem at CB is that Kaboul is a crock, Chiriches makes 2 or 3 howlers per game and Fazio is the Argentinian Michael Dawson.

We need better. Moreno looked very good at the world cup and if he's really available for £6m then its a no-brainer

I disagree. The way the Spanish press appear to be reporting things is that he's yet to earn his price tag and that he needs to do an aweful lot more.

Back