• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Hector Moreno:

Hector Moreno will return to action tomorrow. He said of speculation linking him to Spurs, “Maurico believes in me." “They talk about Espanyol (wanting me) but it was Pochettino that worked hard to get me here."Moreno also said, “It would be beneficiary to both myself and the club if I can fully recover and be on the market in January." Moreno also states that, on a personal level, he wants to play in Europe - something which hasn’t been possible with Espanyol.

Hector Moreno:

Hector Moreno will return to action tomorrow. He said of speculation linking him to Spurs, “Maurico believes in me." “They talk about Espanyol (wanting me) but it was Pochettino that worked hard to get me here."Moreno also said, “It would be beneficiary to both myself and the club if I can fully recover and be on the market in January." Moreno also states that, on a personal level, he wants to play in Europe - something which hasn’t been possible with Espanyol.

Makes sense on so many levels.

Was the best defender at the World Cup IMO.

Only 18 months left of his contract

Makes sense on so many levels.

Was the best defender at the World Cup IMO.

Only 18 months left of his contract

It only makes sense if fans are prepared to accept that it would likely take him the remainder of this season to get up to speed in the Premier League - and that he might well struggle in the meanwhile.

Which means that it quite possibly doesn't make sense. Because, sadly, experience tells us that the first time he makes a mistake or finds himself struggling to adapt, the groans and moans will start and the pressure will already be on.

I think the best policy for the immediate future is to make a few more obvious, Premier League battle ready signings - even if it means that, in the long term, we sign players with a lower ceiling. The fans want instant results. They haven't got the stomach for a more patient approach to team rebuilding.

You'd like to think that someone like Tidlemens would come to Spurs , the fee would be workable and his wages would probably increase. If not perhaps we can get Alen Halilović on loan from Barca another star in the making that is a play maker which is probably the key - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alen_Halilović

I see we're looking at possibly getting Shaqiri from Bayern. Tip top player, plays v like Bale either left midfield or attacking midfield, bit too simliar to Lamela.
The Metro believe Spurs are to launch a bid around £19.6M for Bayern Munich winger Xherdan Shaqiri in January. #THFC

I don't think either Halilovic or Shaqiri are what we need right now. I think it is our flimsy spine that needs improving not the periphary. A defensive central midfielder who actually defends should be top of the list. Probably one who is experienced as opposed to a youngster - who was that dirty Dutch ******* who used to play for Emirates Marketing Project?.... I can't seem to remember his name and have no idea where he is playing now (if he is at all?), but he's the type we need. After that the next priority should be a commanding centre half (Moreno and/or Winston Red would do) then a centre forward with strength, pace, workrate finishing ability and confidence (Berahinho would be my number 1 choice and I'd also settle for Bony). On top of that a box to box player not afraid to put his foot in would be nice - I mentioned Delph a while ago as the sort of player for this role before I even realised his contract situation - so with only 6 months to go on his deal at Villa let's bring him in.

Those sorts of signings would allow us to stabilise and allow Pochettino to add the finishing touches next Summer after seeing how our attacking midfielders get on when they actually have a platform on which to play and an outlet up top with the attributes we need.

It only makes sense if fans are prepared to accept that it would likely take him the remainder of this season to get up to speed in the Premier League - and that he might well struggle in the meanwhile.

Which means that it quite possibly doesn't make sense. Because, sadly, experience tells us that the first time he makes a mistake or finds himself struggling to adapt, the groans and moans will start and the pressure will already be on.

I think the best policy for the immediate future is to make a few more obvious, Premier League battle ready signings - even if it means that, in the long term, we sign players with a lower ceiling. The fans want instant results. They haven't got the stomach for a more patient approach to team rebuilding.

Chris Smalling then?

We do though have 5 CBs already (Chiriches will likely make way for him, so 4). That should be enough to get us through the last 4 months of the season while we ease him in gently, just like we are currently doing with Stambouli and Fazio. Besides, if we win the League Cup and get a UEFA place that way, the last 10 games of the season will likely be dead rubber matches anyway.

Levy just needs to back Poch whatever the entitlement ****ers are doing. Learn the lessons from Nicholson and Burkinshaw, who were both unconditionally backed during their first reforming/rebuilding seasons.

Moreno is one of the best defenders in the world. A leader, quick, strong, comfortable on the ball. To pass on him and go for a B&M Bargains version out of fear would be a tremendous mistake.

I don't think either Halilovic or Shaqiri are what we need right now. I think it is our flimsy spine that needs improving not the periphary. A defensive central midfielder who actually defends should be top of the list. Probably one who is experienced as opposed to a youngster - who was that dirty Dutch ******* who used to play for Emirates Marketing Project?.... I can't seem to remember his name and have no idea where he is playing now (if he is at all?), but he's the type we need. After that the next priority should be a commanding centre half (Moreno and/or Winston Red would do) then a centre forward with strength, pace, workrate finishing ability and confidence (Berahinho would be my number 1 choice and I'd also settle for Bony). On top of that a box to box player not afraid to put his foot in would be nice - I mentioned Delph a while ago as the sort of player for this role before I even realised his contract situation - so with only 6 months to go on his deal at Villa let's bring him in.

Those sorts of signings would allow us to stabilise and allow Pochettino to add the finishing touches next Summer after seeing how our attacking midfielders get on when they actually have a platform on which to play and an outlet up top with the attributes we need.

Nigel De Jong.

He's at AC Milan.

Isn't that at least £10 million short of what Southampton would value them at?

Rodriguez is on a short contract and actively running it down - that knocks his price down considerably.

I think Dembele could be the key to this deal. Like Pelle, he's a Koeman old boy from AZ.

Chris Smalling then?

We do though have 5 CBs already (Chiriches will likely make way for him, so 4). That should be enough to get us through the last 4 months of the season while we ease him in gently, just like we are currently doing with Stambouli and Fazio. Besides, if we win the League Cup and get a UEFA place that way, the last 10 games of the season will likely be dead rubber matches anyway.

Levy just needs to back Poch whatever the entitlement ****ers are doing. Learn the lessons from Nicholson and Burkinshaw, who were both unconditionally backed during their first reforming/rebuilding seasons.

Moreno is one of the best defenders in the world. A leader, quick, strong, comfortable on the ball. To pass on him and go for a B&M Bargains version out of fear would be a tremendous mistake.

That's a bit of a stretch, to be honest. If it was true, he wouldn't be at Espanyol.

And as with any foreign player - especially a central defender - there is that question mark hanging over him as to whether or not he will cope well with English football. He isn't the tallest of centre backs, for instance.

And no, Chris Smalling is not who I had in mind! Joleon Lescott is a name that has been mentioned in recent discussions here, though. Not a glamorous or sexy name. Not a stylish player. But solid, mostly dependable and battle hardened.

Even so, I don't entirely disagree with you. I would prefer to take a longer term approach to team building - so long as there is a clear plan rather than a mere scattergun, moneyball approach to signings; and so long as players are thoroughly scouted in every respect rather than us ending up with players who, while possibly very talented, seem clearly unsuited to the Premier League. I'd also like us, once again, to develop a British core to the team - preferably from our own academy.

Last edited:
Nigel De Jong.

He's at AC Milan.

That's him.... He'll do...

AC Milan? Who are they?!?

Somebody with better knowledge of players/european football can come up with an alternative name - but we need somebody who is:

experienced
a bit of a nasty *******
has a winning mentality
has perhaps played successfully in the premiership before (or does already).

Last edited:
Rodriguez is on a short contract and actively running it down - that knocks his price down considerably.

I think Dembele could be the key to this deal. Like Pelle, he's a Koeman old boy from AZ.

Good call.... Problem is that still leaves us with the big Capoue shaped problem in our team. If we're giving Southampton Dembele then we really do need to make sure it's in part-ex for Schneiderlin.

Moreno and Winston Reid (only 6 months left at West Ham) perhaps?

Levy knows that he can recoup the money for both of them by selling Vertonghen in the Summer and keeping Vertonghen until then could allow Moreno a gradual introduction to the PL. We can create squad space by swapping Chiriches for a panini sticker pack and couple of magic beans.... Of course we'll have to accept that the panini sticker pack will have been opened, thumbed through and won't contain any star players, but even in this case we'd still be getting the better end of the deal.

He won't have been backed with £70m

At the moment he's about £10m in credit from this summer's trading.

Similarly any January spending will be offset by equal or greater sales

All we are doing is trusting his judgement that Schneiderlin will be better/more effective for us over the next 4-5 years than Dembele + Paulinho, and that Rodriguez will be better than Lennon.

That's one way of looking at it. The other is by using Pauline and soldado as an example who were two definite avb buys and we are likely to lose 20 million on them

That's one way of looking at it. The other is by using Pauline and soldado as an example who were two definite avb buys and we are likely to lose 20 million on them

Was it a combined transfer fee of £43 million?..... I think if we only lose £20 million then that would be a MASSIVE result.

That's a bit of a stretch, to be honest. If it was true, he wouldn't be at Espanyol.

And as with any foreign player - especially a central defender - there is that question mark hanging over him as to whether or not he will cope well with English football. He isn't the tallest of centre backs, for instance.

And no, Chris Smalling is not who I had in mind! Joleon Lescott is a name that has been mentioned in recent discussions here, though. Not a glamorous or sexy name. Not a stylish player. But solid, mostly dependable and battle hardened.

Even so, I don't entirely disagree with you. I would prefer to take a longer term approach to team building - so long as there is a clear plan rather than a mere scattergun, moneyball approach to signings; and so long as players are thoroughly scouted in every respect rather than us ending up with players who, while possibly very talented, seem clearly unsuited to the Premier League. I'd also like us, once again, to develop a British core to the team - preferably from our own academy.

Moreno was head and shoulders above any defender at the WC - he looked a colossus until he was cut down.

I'm not that worried about his height (he's still 6'), as we'd presumably partner him with Fazio against Drogba/Benteke/Lukuku/Carroll.

I've never been over-keen on Lescott - he's very poor on the ball and not the quickest. I wouldn't rate him above either Dawson or Kaboul

That's him.... He'll do...

AC Milan? Who are they?!?

Somebody with better knowledge of players/european football can come up with an alternative name - but we need somebody who is:

experienced
a bit of a nasty *******
has a winning mentality
has perhaps played successfully in the premiership before (or does already).

Alex Song?

Good call.... Problem is that still leaves us with the big Capoue shaped problem in our team. If we're giving Southampton Dembele then we really do need to make sure it's in part-ex for Schneiderlin.

Yeah - that's what I had in mind. Dembele + £25m for Schneiderlin and Rodriguez kind of thing. I could see that tempting Southampton, as both MS and JR are still seemingly agitating to get out.

Moreno was head and shoulders above any defender at the WC - he looked a colossus until he was cut down.

I'm not that worried about his height (he's still 6'), as we'd presumably partner him with Fazio against Drogba/Benteke/Lukuku/Carroll.

I've never been over-keen on Lescott - he's very poor on the ball and not the quickest. I wouldn't rate him above either Dawson or Kaboul

There were a fair number of consistently excellent performers at centre back during the World Cup. Moreno was certainly among them but he was equally certainly not head and shoulders above them.

Nevertheless, I'm sure that I don't need to remind you of the vast number of times that clubs have signed a player on the back of his World Cup performances only to discover that they have bought something of a lemon. A player's true quality must be judged on his week to week performances for his club - not on the once in four years evidence of a World Cup tournament.

I'm not saying that Moreno wouldn't be a good signing for us. I really don't know enough about him. I'm simply saying that he needs to prove far more at club level before he can be considered to be "one of the best defenders in the world".

Moreno one of the best defenders in the world ))))) he is not even the best Mexican defender, Marquez still looked excellent at the world cup

Oh, and no thanks to Teo Gutierez

Saudi Sportswashing Machine and West Ham are both considering a move to resign Demba Ba – and Spurs are also in the hunt, according to reports in Turkey.

The Besiktas striker enjoyed memorable spells with both Premier League sides before he joined Chelsea in 2013.

Ba hit seven goals in just 12 Premier League outings during a five-month spell for the Hammers.

He then joined Saudi Sportswashing Machine where he maintained that form, scoring 29 Premier League goals in 54 appearances.

And now, according to NTV Spor in Turkey, both Premier League clubs are considering January moves for the 29-year-old hotshot.

But they will both face competition from Tottenham, who are also tracking Ba, who has scored 10 goals in 14 games for his new club since arriving during the summer.

Besiktas paid Chelsea £4.7m to sign the forward back in July and, according to these reports, they would want double that if they were consider selling him in January.

http://talksport.com/football/reports-Saudi Sportswashing Machine-tottenham-and-west-ham-eye-former-chelsea-striker-141113124338

Back