• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Good players, and would have given us a real solid core. There would have been a lot of unhappy posters on here though I'd imagine if that was our activity...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Those four would have cost over 40 million pounds in transfer fees. Barry and Lescott are free, but Lukaku 30 million and Milner probably at least 10-15, if we're being realistic. All four of them would command substantial wages, with only Lukaku having any resale value. I am a huge Lukaku fan, and I think James Milner is a very decent, underrated player. Good pros as they are, Lescott and Barry wouldn't have really interested me. I rate Dawson, Kaboul, and Lescott very similarly and would rather see one of our young players get minutes than someone like Barry, though he is decent.

I don't think people would have been too negative about any of those four coming in, but I understand why they went for someone like Stambouli who would be on lower wages, was available for a decent fee, and has resale value over Milner or Barry. Lukaku is the one I think we missed out on. Not sure Chelsea were ever gonna do business with us, but if we would have had Lukaku and Kane, we could easily say goodbye to both Soldado and Ade over the summer. That said, we simply do not spend net transfer money anymore. Just gonna be a reality until either stadium is built or our owners sell up.

Would it be money well spent? I think MC is a great player and seriously underrated at Utd (or maybe he is not) but it would be a short term fix really. I would prefer we used our 'substantial bid' money on the next Carrick, Schneiderlin.

What do ye folks think of Williams from Swansea?

I'm all for getting veteran heads into the side, but I don't want to do it at the expense of the development of one of our young players. For example, I'd love to replace Kaboul with a capable, experienced CB (like Williams, for example), but I wouldn't want to block Mason's development with a Carrick. As much as he could learn from him, Mason is 23 and needs to play games.

Those four would have cost over 40 million pounds in transfer fees. Barry and Lescott are free, but Lukaku 30 million and Milner probably at least 10-15, if we're being realistic. All four of them would command substantial wages, with only Lukaku having any resale value. I am a huge Lukaku fan, and I think James Milner is a very decent, underrated player. Good pros as they are, Lescott and Barry wouldn't have really interested me. I rate Dawson, Kaboul, and Lescott very similarly and would rather see one of our young players get minutes than someone like Barry, though he is decent.

I don't think people would have been too negative about any of those four coming in, but I understand why they went for someone like Stambouli who would be on lower wages, was available for a decent fee, and has resale value over Milner or Barry. Lukaku is the one I think we missed out on. Not sure Chelsea were ever gonna do business with us, but if we would have had Lukaku and Kane, we could easily say goodbye to both Soldado and Ade over the summer. That said, we simply do not spend net transfer money anymore. Just gonna be a reality until either stadium is built or our owners sell up.
Lescott has been nothing short of brilliant every time I've seen him play for West Brom. I think folks forget how good he was before his Emirates Marketing Project holiday. He's not a sexy signing but I'd have him now over any of ours.

Lescott has been nothing short of brilliant every time I've seen him play for West Brom. I think folks forget how good he was before his Emirates Marketing Project holiday. He's not a sexy signing but I'd have him now over any of ours.

He was poor vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine but he has been great generally and would have been avert very good signing for us

Re: Michael Carrick / JonJo Shelvey

Why would they sell unless there was a some sort of pre agreement to secure their safety in the top flight

The Sun are apparently running a story of a £35m bid for Schneiderlin and Rodriguez.

This maybe would go against the whole boards thinking, but I would be seriously worried about backing pouch with that kind of money on the back of performances and results so far.

Look at it this way, if we do that and things continue to head south...we end up in the relegation zone for a prolongued period and pouch is sacked It would mean that the next manager gets nothing to spend in the summer... Would people be OK with that

This maybe would go against the whole boards thinking, but I would be seriously worried about backing pouch with that kind of money on the back of performances and results so far.

Look at it this way, if we do that and things continue to head south...we end up in the relegation zone for a prolongued period and pouch is sacked It would mean that the next manager gets nothing to spend in the summer... Would people be OK with that

We'll have to pay more than that to get them, but you don't sign someone just to back the manager. You should do it because they are actually worth it and in this case I think they are. Sell Paulinho, Dembele and Townsend and it's more or less covered.

We'll have to pay more than that to get them, but you don't sign someone just to back the manager. You should do it because they are actually worth it and in this case I think they are. Sell Paulinho, Dembele and Townsend and it's more or less covered.

Pauline 8_ if we are very lucky dembele 12 if we are lucky. tounsend (who i dont want to sell) 12 that falls short of the 35 which you yourself said would not be enough.it will be closer to 50 I think

Pauline 8_ if we are very lucky dembele 12 if we are lucky. tounsend (who i dont want to sell) 12 that falls short of the 35 which you yourself said would not be enough.it will be closer to 50 I think

We'll hold out for/get at least 12 for Paulinho and more for Townsend (English premium), so closer to 40 I think. Might have to chuck in Lennon or Chiriches.

We'll hold out for/get at least 12 for Paulinho and more for Townsend (English premium), so closer to 40 I think. Might have to chuck in Lennon or Chiriches.

Pauline and chiriches can go but I don't really want to sell anyone of the others you mentioned

Pauline and chiriches can go but I don't really want to sell anyone of the others you mentioned

The others are ones that really don't fit/aren't good enough with with how we're trying to play though.

The Sun are apparently running a story of a £35m bid for Schneiderlin and Rodriguez.
GHod that's funny, 35 mill might just be enough for Schneiderlin, definitely not enough for both. Is that a Jan bid being reported? If so not a chance Southampton will sell in Jan

GHod that's funny, 35 mill might just be enough for Schneiderlin, definitely not enough for both. Is that a Jan bid being reported? If so not a chance Southampton will sell in Jan

"Spurs accept they will NOT get the duo in the January transfer window."

Who are you going to back then? Are you going to give Warnock or Pulis the £40m in the summer? Or just keep sacking everyone who struggles to compete on the lowest net spend in the league (zero).

Remember Redknapp got given £40m in his first January.

Rodriguez and Schneiderlin are also both young and homegrown, so their value will at least hold, however successful they are.

Rodriguez is at the end of his contract, so will be cheaper than he should be. £22m and £14m respectively aren't unreasonable prices IMO.

Personally I'd sell Dembele (£10m), Lennon (£8m), Paulinho (£12m) and Chiriches (£6m) to balance the books.

Who are you going to back then? Are you going to give Warnock or Pulis the £40m in the summer? Or just keep sacking everyone who struggles to compete on the lowest net spend in the league (zero).

Remember Redknapp got given £40m in his first January.

Rodriguez and Schneiderlin are also both young and homegrown, so their value will at least hold, however successful they are.

Rodriguez is at the end of his contract, so will be cheaper than he should be. £22m and £14m respectively aren't unreasonable prices IMO.

Personally I'd sell Dembele (£10m), Lennon (£8m), Paulinho (£12m) and Chiriches (£6m) to balance the books.

If pouch gets us in to serious trouble and pulis gets us out of it, then yes I would back him in the summer, once he has proved to be able to get results from the squad has the respect of the players etc yes pulis would get the 40 million.... So would pouch if he proved the above, but as it stands if we spend another 40m in Jan that will bring our spending up to 70m this year (approx) and pouch has done nothing to prove he is worth that kind of backing or investment.

If pouch gets us in to serious trouble and pulis gets us out of it, then yes I would back him in the summer, once he has proved to be able to get results from the squad has the respect of the players etc yes pulis would get the 40 million.... So would pouch if he proved the above, but as it stands if we spend another 40m in Jan that will bring our spending up to 70m this year (approx) and pouch has done nothing to prove he is worth that kind of backing or investment.

He won't have been backed with £70m

At the moment he's about £10m in credit from this summer's trading.

Similarly any January spending will be offset by equal or greater sales

All we are doing is trusting his judgement that Schneiderlin will be better/more effective for us over the next 4-5 years than Dembele + Paulinho, and that Rodriguez will be better than Lennon.

Back