• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Tottenham looking to bring Roma stars to London

Tottenham are reportedly ready to line up a move for Roma stars Erik Lamela and Miralem Pjanic with the money they receive from Gareth Bale’s sale to Real Madrid.

With the Welshman set to move to Los Blancos for €100 million, reports in Italy suggest that Tottenham will look to sign the Giallorossi duo in a bid to strengthen their squad.

Sportsmediaset state that Spurs will make a €50m bid in an attempt to land the promising duo, though it is believed that director of football Walter Sabatini would ask for a larger fee for the two players.

After losing Marquinhos to Paris Saint-Germain, Roma coach Rudi Garcia will be hopeful that the Giallorossi can hold onto the two youngsters as they are set to play key roles in the capital club’s upcoming campaign.

Lamela had a breakout season for the Lupi last season, scoring 15 goals in 33 Serie A appearances for the club. After struggling for playing time under Zdenek Zeman, Pjanic sparkled in the second half of the season and finished with three goals in 27 appearances for the Giallorossi.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/08/tottenham-looking-to-bring-roma-stars-to-london/

Tottenham looking to bring Roma stars to London

Tottenham are reportedly ready to line up a move for Roma stars Erik Lamela and Miralem Pjanic with the money they receive from Gareth Bale’s sale to Real Madrid.

With the Welshman set to move to Los Blancos for €100 million, reports in Italy suggest that Tottenham will look to sign the Giallorossi duo in a bid to strengthen their squad.

Sportsmediaset state that Spurs will make a €50m bid in an attempt to land the promising duo, though it is believed that director of football Walter Sabatini would ask for a larger fee for the two players.

After losing Marquinhos to Paris Saint-Germain, Roma coach Rudi Garcia will be hopeful that the Giallorossi can hold onto the two youngsters as they are set to play key roles in the capital club’s upcoming campaign.

Lamela had a breakout season for the Lupi last season, scoring 15 goals in 33 Serie A appearances for the club. After struggling for playing time under Zdenek Zeman, Pjanic sparkled in the second half of the season and finished with three goals in 27 appearances for the Giallorossi.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/08/tottenham-looking-to-bring-roma-stars-to-london/

Here we go; clubs will add 10 of millions onto any price for any player we go for after we get the Bale money.

I would have thought Lamela and Pjanic would have a combined cost of 25-30M max.

Here we go; clubs will add 10 of millions onto any price for any player we go for after we get the Bale money.

I would have thought Lamela and Pjanic would have a combined cost of 25-30M max.

Roma bought the two of them for 28m euros 2 years ago? Why would they still be worth that?
Lamela will be at least 25m on his own.

Roma bought the two of them for 28m euros 2 years ago? Why would they still be worth that?
Lamela will be at least 25m on his own.

I agree, Lamela is possibly the best attacking midfielder of his age. Not Bale class, but still a very good player. If I was a sports director of Rome, and was told to keep hold of him, I would try to get 30 mill euro for him, easily.

Ajax defender Toby Alderweireld is a target for Everton and is now deciding on his future, according to his agent.

The 24-year-old Belgium international, who can play at both centre-back and right-back, was linked with a move to Norwich earlier this summer until his representative revealed he failed to agree personal terms with the Canaries.

But Soren Lerby has now claimed Everton have entered the race for Alderweireld's signature, but face competition for his client.

"It's true that Everton have made an approach for Alderweireld," Soren Lerby told Gazet van Antwerpen.

"But there are other concrete options. Toby will now have to decide which team he sees as the biggest challenge."

Alderweireld's contract expires next summer and has been previously linked with moves to Liverpool and Tottenham, while Ajax signed potential replacement centre-back Mike van der Hoorn in July.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez has been busy in the transfer window so far, adding centre-back Antolin Alcaraz, goalkeeper Joel Robles, forward Arouna Kone and Barcelona’s on-loan attacker Gerard Deulofeu to his squad.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2013/08/05/4166703/-?

come on Baldy, work your magic and get this lad in [-o<

Ajax defender Toby Alderweireld is a target for Everton and is now deciding on his future, according to his agent.

There was some ITK or something I read recently that mentioned we weren't convinced about Alderweireld after scouting him. They said he gets caught out in possession too much or something!? I'll try and figure out where I saw it but GHod knows we could do with some strengthening at the back.

Anyone seen him play much?

There was some ITK or something I read recently that mentioned we weren't convinced about Alderweireld after scouting him. They said he gets caught out in possession too much or something!? I'll try and figure out where I saw it but GHod knows we could do with some strengthening at the back.

Anyone seen him play much?

I've seen him a grand total of 2 times and i wasn't that impressed tbh. He looked more like a full back than a CB to me.

Looking like Fryers and Livermore at CB again this Saturday, unless they give a run out to the young lad Vejlkovic(sp?)

I'm pretty sure we have never conceded when Hudd has played centre back :p

Although I only remember 2 actual games :lol:

I do remember Jol saying he could be Beckenbaur though :ross:

Looking like Fryers and Livermore at CB again this Saturday, unless they give a run out to the young lad Vejlkovic(sp?)

If we have got a CB crisis, it makes sense to give as much pitch time to the two people that are gonna step-in.

So although others may want hudd or naughton or whoever, it looks like jake and fryers are the preferred option and being that no solution looks ideal (outside of the reg CB's) you may as well give them more time against Espanyol to get as adjusted as possible.

I would be seriously annoyed, and quite surprised, if we didn't get Willian.

Typical Levy signing, getting a player like that for good value, and an AVB boy to boot. I think he would be great for us next season, and AVB seems to rate him highly - I'm sure he would slot in well to the system we play.

I would be seriously annoyed, and quite surprised, if we didn't get Willian.

Typical Levy signing, getting a player like that for good value, and an AVB boy to boot. I think he would be great for us next season, and AVB seems to rate him highly - I'm sure he would slot in well to the system we play.

Enough bloody midfielders. I like the potential Capoue signing (cover/competition for Sandro), but we have seriously got to get our centre-back position sorted, followed by a back-up striker for Soldado if Ade leaves. Willian is superfluous considering we already bought another winger in Chadli. We'd only buy him if we either sold Bale or both Townsend and Lennon, imo.

Back