• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Right now we have the following home grown players.

Dawson
Caulker
Walker
Naughton
Rose
Parker
Hudd
Livermore
Carroll
Sig
Bale
Lennon
Townsend
Defoe

I think that we are required to have 8.

Well the concern is now gone, ta.

Still want Caulker to stay.

Dawson
Caulker
Walker
Naughton
Rose
Parker
Hudd
Livermore
Carroll
Sig
Bale
Lennon
Townsend
Defoe

How come Sig qualifies?

Also, how many of that list would we be happy to see the back of? Parker, Hudd and Livermore for starters.

Dawson
Caulker
Walker
Naughton
Rose
Parker
Hudd
Livermore
Carroll
Sig
Bale
Lennon
Townsend
Defoe

Bale, Hudd, Livermore, Parker, Caulker could be off. As could Defoe if he gets stuck as the third striker, World cup year.

Plus what about trained at club? The European requirements.

Dawson
Walker
Naughton
Rose
Livermore
Parker
Huddlestone
Sigurdsson
Dawkins
Lennon
Townsend
Bale
Defoe
Obika (club trained??)

These are our home grown players at the moment, U21 players (born 1992 or later) doesn't count.
Premier League rules says we need 8 if we are to have a 25 man squad.
UEFA rules says we need 4 of the 8 to be club trained if we want a 25 man squad in UEFA competitions.
I've put club trained in bold, unsure on Obika due to his loan spells

What a joke. Which English club is going to be able to pay/ afford the ridiculous fee Anzhi will ask for?

So, a question for those who know Spanish football a little better than I do...

...if we are holding out for Morata, and if that hold-out works, do we think our front three could line up

Morata

Soldado Chadli

or would it be

Soldado

Chadli Lennon

with Morata being blooded gently?

And of the two remaining, which one of JD or Ade stay or go? I really love JD but from a footballing perspective, an in-form Ade is excellent, so I'd try to keep Ade...

Thoughts?

So, a question for those who know Spanish football a little better than I do...

...if we are holding out for Morata, and if that hold-out works, do we think our front three could line up

Morata

Soldado Chadli

or would it be

Soldado

Chadli Lennon

with Morata being blooded gently?

And of the two remaining, which one of JD or Ade stay or go? I really love JD but from a footballing perspective, an in-form Ade is excellent, so I'd try to keep Ade...

Thoughts?

Morata and Soldado are both pure CFs. I'm not sure either could play as a wide forward.

If we got Morata, we'd still need to replace Bale.

I'd expect us to line up first week with

Chadli---Soldado---Lamela

with Soldado and Morata rotating through the season (and probably both Ade and Defoe being moved on, keeping Demspey as 3rd choice + 2nd choice LF).

Back