• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Bolleaux

What do you mean? We started the rumours ourselves on here?

The first talk of us and Kessie i saw was from an Italian football news website (aka clickbait)
No, I don't mean we started the rumours on here.
I first read about Kessie and the link was with us (Newsnow probably), no mention of Chelsea.
You are probably correct it originated in Italy but if he is a good player I can understand our interest, especially if he can add goals to our squad.

If we weren't interested in Kessie we should be worried. Just the type of player we've become associated with. But now if the Chel$ea interest is real, then we're probably onto the next target.

Personally think he's an impressive prospect. Younger than Alli, and from the little I've seen (that YoutTube vid!) he's comparable to Alli, more than Dembele. He's more attacking, and comfortable shooting. He can dribble, as Alli can, but he looks stronger more powerful. Other clubs will be in for him sadly, as he looks like he could become quite a talent.

Well, we'll see. Personally I don't think we need someone like him - especially if we already have Alli.

Afterthought - also, if we're going for another AM, I'm starting to lean towards an older, Prem-proven player like Sigurdsson. Primarily because we have Edwards waiting in the wings, and also because (apparently) Samuel Shashoua, another highly-rated U18 lad, is also an AM. Either of those could be bedded in over time, while an older player like Siggy or A.N.Other provides a more immediate option.

Last edited:
No, I don't mean we started the rumours on here.
I first read about Kessie and the link was with us (Newsnow probably), no mention of Chelsea.
You are probably correct it originated in Italy but if he is a good player I can understand our interest, especially if he can add goals to our squad.

All speculation started by a website that wants/needs clicks; we should have learnt by now how these things go...imo there is NOTHING to see here..

Well, we'll see. Personally I don't think we need someone like him - especially if we already have Alli.

Afterthought - also, if we're going for another AM, I'm starting to lean towards an older, Prem-proven player like Sigurdsson. Primarily because we have Edwards waiting in the wings, and also because (apparently) Samuel Shashoua, another highly-rated U18 lad, is also an AM. Either of those could be bedded in over time, while an older player like Siggy or A.N.Other provides a more immediate option.
Do we actually need another player for that role/position.

Arsenal are lining up Borussia Dortmund winger Marco Reus, 27, to replace Alexis Sanchez if the Chilean leaves the club over his contract dispute. (Daily Mail)

Juventus manager Max Allegri wants to take over at Arsenal if current boss Arsene Wenger retires in the summer. (The Sun)

Former West Ham, Tottenham, Portsmouth, Southampton and QPR manager Harry Redknapp is interested in taking over at Swansea following the sacking of Bob Bradley. (Talksport)

Harry Redknapp plans to take Chelsea captain John Terry, 36, with him to the Liberty Stadium to help in the club's fight against relegation. (Daily Telegraph)

But Wales manager Chris Coleman is top of Swansea's shortlist for the manager's role. (Guardian)

Manchester United will not allow forward Anthony Martial, 21, to leave on loan in January despite the Frenchman's agent saying a move to Sevilla is being explored. (Daily Telegraph)

Chelsea have had a £21m offer for Atlanta midfielder Franck Kessie, 20, rejected with the Ivory Coast international valued at £34m by his club. (Guardian)

Roma will reject a planned £38m bid from Chelsea for midfielder Radja Nainggolan, 28, meaning the Blues will turn their attention to Bayern Munich's Arturo Vidal, 29. (Daily Star)

upload_2016-12-29_12-8-42.gif
Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba played five-a-side football with friends just 24 hours after starring in his club's 3-1 win over Sunderland
Emirates Marketing Project are set to rival Barcelona for the signing of Borussia Dortmund midfielder Julian Weigl, 21, in the summer. (The Sun)

Both Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea are interested in Sevilla's former Stoke and Blackburn midfielder Steven N'Zonzi, 28. (AS - In Spanish)

Liverpool are monitoring the availability of Arsenal midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 23, ahead of a potential bid in January. (Guardian)

Valencia have bid for Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo, 26. (Calciomercato.com)

Liverpool, Roma and AC Milan are interested in Paris St-Germain forward Jese Rodriguez, 23. (La Provincia - In Spanish)

Arsenal have received five enquires about a loan move for their full-back Carl Jenkinson. The Gunners will allow the 24-year-old leave in January to get regular first team football. (Daily Mirror)

Juventus are willing to loan former Manchester United full-back Patrice Evra, 35, to West Ham in January and could recall striker Simone Zaza, 25, from his loan spell at the Hammers. (The Sun)

Sunderland goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, 22, could be out for three months with a knee injury sustained against Manchester United on 26 December. (Guardian)

Swansea want to re-sign Queen's Park Rangers centre-back Steven Caulker who impressed in a loan spell at the Liberty Stadium in 2011-12. (ESPN)

Middlesbrough are lining up a January move for Aston Villa's 28-year-old striker Rudy Gestede. (Daily Mirror)

Athletic Bilbao manager Ernesto Valverde is one of the leading candidates to replace Barcelona manager Luis Enrique. Enrique's current contract expires in June 2017 and the Spaniard will not decide on his future until the end of the season. (Marca)

Former Manchester United forward Dimitar Berbatov is keen to return to the Premier League, his agent says.
The former Bulgaria captain, 35, is a free agent after being released by Greek club PAOK Salonika in June.

Oooo. This could divide a few. For free, for 5 months. I would still have him as an option off the bench, although I doubt he would fit into our pressing style of play

Former Manchester United forward Dimitar Berbatov is keen to return to the Premier League, his agent says.
The former Bulgaria captain, 35, is a free agent after being released by Greek club PAOK Salonika in June.

Oooo. This could divide a few. For free, for 5 months. I would still have him as an option off the bench, although I doubt he would fit into our pressing style of play

raw

I swear there will still be stories about Berbatov coming back to Spurs in 2037.

Back