• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Bolleaux

I can see this barkley-sissoko swap happening and then depay also coming in.

Would give us;

Wanyama, Dier
Dembele, Winks
Eriksen, Son, Lamela, Depay
Barkley, Dele

That'll do for me :)

I can see this barkley-sissoko swap happening and then depay also coming in.

Would give us;

Wanyama, Dier
Dembele, Winks
Eriksen, Son, Lamela, Depay
Barkley, Dele

That'll do for me :)

I hear Depay is already on about £90K a week and would probably expect a pay rise making him one of the highest paid players at our club, then add to that he has a reputation as a real flash git concerns me just a tad

True, it's the last game I've taken notice of him, but I've never been impressed from the little I've seen.
He's a lot like Holtby. Lots of effort and running around. Except Holtby is a much better player. And he wasn't nearly good enough to make the team. Barkley is a waste of space.

Don't see what he'd add to the squad, tbh. If we were going for a deep-lying midfielder, we'd be much better served with a Modric-type distributor to offer us something we're currently lacking, as opposed to another dribbler or pure goalscorer.

Don't see what he'd add to the squad, tbh. If we were going for a deep-lying midfielder, we'd be much better served with a Modric-type distributor to offer us something we're currently lacking, as opposed to another dribbler or pure goalscorer.
Dembele not getting any younger, nor is his hip

Dembele not getting any younger, nor is his hip

Honestly, I don't think it's really wise to rely on another dribbler a la Dembele to conduct our play from deep - the reason it worked for us last season is because Dembele is freakishly, almost unnaturally good at holding on to the ball (I think there was a stat floating around earlier this season that showed that Dembele completed a *ridiculous* percentage of his attempted dribbles - far more than even Messi, Neymar or Ronaldo managed).

It's an unorthodox way to operate in terms of the way teams are set up, when compared to the standard tactic of having a deep-lying playmaker to orchestrate attacks, press, defend and basically be an all-in-one player. And it worked for us because Dembele's uniquely good at carrying the ball forward. I don't think this Kessie (or anyone in Europe, really) can approach him in this regard - ergo, I wouldn't like to see us adapt the same tactic to a less gifted player, and the odds are that it wouldn't work anywhere near as effectively.

Good player but nothing like Dembele IMO

Of course not but chances of us finding a player who does what Dembele does as well as Dembele does it are slim. Schneiderlin has played and excelled in a Poch team alongside a more defensive partner, so a valid option for us if we were looking for someone to compliment Wanyama/Dier and compete with Winks

Good player but nothing like Dembele IMO
There are almost none that are unfortunately. Dembele's key strength IMO is the space he creates for his teammates by drawing opposition defenders to him without losing possession. However I have seen some good surging runs from Wanyama so he has it in his locker, and maybe with the right player beside him we could see more of that.
We have also seen three in the middle on more than one occasion so another midfield body would give us better options on that front. Schneiderlin for me is more reminiscent of Carrick IMO, but with a tougher tackling and a worse reading of the game. He is still an excellent player who is already attuned to Poch's methods and for the right money and wages would be a good addition.

Personally think he's an impressive prospect. Younger than Alli, and from the little I've seen (that YoutTube vid!) he's comparable to Alli, more than Dembele. He's more attacking, and comfortable shooting. He can dribble, as Alli can, but he looks stronger more powerful. Other clubs will be in for him sadly, as he looks like he could become quite a talent.

Last edited:
Are we even after Kessie in the first place though?
That story has come out of Italy, and we know how many of their websites like to use us for clickbait..

Don't know for definite but it seems we had the first rumours associated with Kessie.

What do you mean? We started the rumours ourselves on here?

The first talk of us and Kessie i saw was from an Italian football news website (aka clickbait)

Back