• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Bolleaux

Tottenham have bid £19m for Atalanta midfielder Franck Kessie, 20, with Chelsea and Manchester United also interested. (Calciomercato)

I actually hope there is a little truth about this. Not that I know who this guy is (because I dont) and want him on, but it would be good to know we are looking at adding to the squad in January..and early

So, no then? Don't need a new DM. A new CB, definitely - but a right-sided one that is comfortable with the PL, which sort of rules out an import from overseas.

I personally think we're fine for centre backs. Dier needs improving, but is likely to do so with game time. Unless we want to pay significant money for a experienced PL player to be a pure backup to Alderweireld most new signings will probably also need time to settle and perhaps improve themselves. Seems to be our policy to give that "backup" game time to developing players instead as that clearly helps us long term. We also have CCV who is turning 19 soon and might not be too far off being ready for some game time.

How much would you be willing to pay for someone to be Alderweireld's backup? Someone significantly better than Dier is currently, with PL experience... I'm guessing that's going to be fairly expensive, particularly in January. Everton paid £12m for a 31/32 year old Ashley Williams this summer...

I personally think we're fine for centre backs. Dier needs improving, but is likely to do so with game time. Unless we want to pay significant money for a experienced PL player to be a pure backup to Alderweireld most new signings will probably also need time to settle and perhaps improve themselves. Seems to be our policy to give that "backup" game time to developing players instead as that clearly helps us long term. We also have CCV who is turning 19 soon and might not be too far off being ready for some game time.

How much would you be willing to pay for someone to be Alderweireld's backup? Someone significantly better than Dier is currently, with PL experience... I'm guessing that's going to be fairly expensive, particularly in January. Everton paid £12m for a 31/32 year old Ashley Williams this summer...

Exactly
It's part of the reason I think Batshuiyi didn't come (along with Chelsea offering him a lot more money). If your young an ambitious why go to a side where you would have to displace the best player in the league...

Dier is more than suitable cover but then we do lose him in midfield. CCV will helpfully develop into cover soon and ultimately replace Toby I guess over time (otherwise he will be off)

Exactly
It's part of the reason I think Batshuiyi didn't come (along with Chelsea offering him a lot more money). If your young an ambitious why go to a side where you would have to displace the best player in the league...

Dier is more than suitable cover but then we do lose him in midfield. CCV will helpfully develop into cover soon and ultimately replace Toby I guess over time (otherwise he will be off)

Wanyama has proven himself adequate cover in midfield at least to where moving Dier to centre back is a decent solution at the very least. I know others rate Wanyama much higher than that as well. With Wimmer, Dier and CCV we have a lot of talent for the centre back positions (even though Dier might be more likely to end up a DM long term, not sure). And there will be real competition there as well in the not too distant future if those players keep improving.

I keep coming back to this, and we seem to agree. We have to keep giving our most talented young players a realistic path into the first team to avoid becoming another Chelsea/Emirates Marketing Project (plenty of talented youngsters, but not actually developing many of them into first team players). That for me means leaving places in the squad for those youngsters and avoiding signing more experienced backup players. The downside is we can get some inconsistent performances from those young players. But the upsides in terms of player development and money saved on transfer fees and wages for those experienced backup players for me clearly outweighs the downsides.

If CCV is as highly rated by Spurs as a lot of seem to think he is he should be trusted to do a job in the not too distant future.

Wanyama has proven himself adequate cover in midfield at least to where moving Dier to centre back is a decent solution at the very least. I know others rate Wanyama much higher than that as well. With Wimmer, Dier and CCV we have a lot of talent for the centre back positions (even though Dier might be more likely to end up a DM long term, not sure). And there will be real competition there as well in the not too distant future if those players keep improving.

I keep coming back to this, and we seem to agree. We have to keep giving our most talented young players a realistic path into the first team to avoid becoming another Chelsea/Emirates Marketing Project (plenty of talented youngsters, but not actually developing many of them into first team players). That for me means leaving places in the squad for those youngsters and avoiding signing more experienced backup players. The downside is we can get some inconsistent performances from those young players. But the upsides in terms of player development and money saved on transfer fees and wages for those experienced backup players for me clearly outweighs the downsides.

If CCV is as highly rated by Spurs as a lot of seem to think he is he should be trusted to do a job in the not too distant future.

We have to show that route to the first team. Winks has demonstrated this season that ability that is there with some of our youngsters and you can see how talented players have stagnated at other clubs

If we show those opportunities we will get first dibs on the better youngsters I believe. I really want us to sign Sessegnon from Fulham who look to potentially be a top top player

We have to show that route to the first team. Winks has demonstrated this season that ability that is there with some of our youngsters and you can see how talented players have stagnated at other clubs

If we show those opportunities we will get first dibs on the better youngsters I believe. I really want us to sign Sessegnon from Fulham who look to potentially be a top top player

Absolutely young players will think twice before turning us down. But even more importantly we get to realize some of the potential already at the club. We don't have to convince a 20 year old Harry Winks to join us from some other club.

I see a lot of people mentioning Sessegnon these days. Would certainly be interesting.

From the 2 matches I've seen of him, 2CV doesn't look that far off Wimmer in terms of development. I definitely don't think we should get a bed blocker in ahead of him.

I tend to agree that we do not need to go into the market for another CB, we have Jan, Toby, Dier, Wimmer, CV, and we could even play Davies there ( which he does for Wales). To be honest that is plenty of cover and i see not point in buying yet another player to be at best third choice ( after Jan and Toby) lets be honest if we could find a player who is better then the others mentioned he would not want to come and sit on the bench anyway.

You don't have to keep coming back to this or hope its the way forward for us. Levy and Poch are completely on this page with you (and me!). And there will be little deviation from it (unless the youth well runs dry) for 3/4 years.

It saves a hell of a lot. The wages for the youngsters are minimal and even when they have been in the first team it takes a good while before they are seeing the 80.000 a week, and only then if they are real standout. Plus of course the zero transfer fee.

Still not sure how we didn't get Dembele from fulham over the line though? Surely we looked attractive having only one other striker on the books.

You don't have to keep coming back to this or hope its the way forward for us. Levy and Poch are completely on this page with you (and me!). And there will be little deviation from it (unless the youth well runs dry) for 3/4 years.

It saves a hell of a lot. The wages for the youngsters are minimal and even when they have been in the first team it takes a good while before they are seeing the 80.000 a week, and only then if they are real standout. Plus of course the zero transfer fee.

Still not sure how we didn't get Dembele from fulham over the line though? Surely we looked attractive having only one other striker on the books.

Celtic offered him guaranteed first team footy and goals

He will be off this summer for big money and big wages to PSG

Well, I was thinking Jose Fonte might be a good option to shore up the RCB position for a bit - PL proven, experienced, aware of Poch's methods, fairly cheap (I believe Soton have stated that they're willing to let him go in January provided an acceptable bid comes in, and most journos have interpreted that 'acceptable bid' bit to mean 5 million pounds), young enough to give us about 12-18 months of decent service, and old enough to not pose a major challenge to integrating CCV over the medium term.

A signing like that would be the sort I could see us making this January - cheap, PL proven, low-profile addition to shore up essential positions heading into the second half of the season. I don't *expect* us to make a signing, because to my mind we already stretched ourselves sufficiently by splashing out for Sissoko...but if we were to make one, that would be the sort that would tick a lot of boxes.

Celtic offered him guaranteed first team footy and goals

He will be off this summer for big money and big wages to PSG

Apparently we had agreed terms with both Dembele and Fulham last January, but then Fulham demanded him back till the end of the season. It still mystifies me why we didn't agree to this as he would then have been our player from the start this season. We didn't sign any other cover for Kane in January so this would not have left us any worse off. One that got away IMO.

Apparently we had agreed terms with both Dembele and Fulham last January, but then Fulham demanded him back till the end of the season. It still mystifies me why we didn't agree to this as he would then have been our player from the start this season. We didn't sign any other cover for Kane in January so this would not have left us any worse off. One that got away IMO.
I'd like us to go back in for him. He won't be cheap I know but he has massive potential. Every time I have seen him play I have been impressed. Unless one of the big guns comes calling we have a fair chance.
They also have another (younger/early teens) Dembele playing at Celtic we should keep a sharp eye on. I have seen him in the flesh and he is a real talent.

I'd like us to go back in for him. He won't be cheap I know but he has massive potential. Every time I have seen him play I have been impressed. Unless one of the big guns comes calling we have a fair chance.
They also have another (younger/early teens) Dembele playing at Celtic we should keep a sharp eye on. I have seen him in the flesh and he is a real talent.

The younger one you mean the kid whose 12 ish and everyone is writing about? This one http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38376660

And as for the main Dembele now he would cost £30m on the open makrket and I think that ship has sailed I'm afraid

Back