• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

That’s how I see it
There will be so distressed sales with teams than get relegated (Maddison, Barnes, Johnson) players who are too good to play championship but good enough for us weirdly

Challenge with some of those players is that they'll depend on how the new manager wants to play. For example, Barnes makes less sense for a back 3 manager

However signing and GK and CB are relatively low risk as they'd likely fit into most systems

Challenge with some of those players is that they'll depend on how the new manager wants to play. For example, Barnes makes less sense for a back 3 manager

However signing and GK and CB are relatively low risk as they'd likely fit into most systems
Yep
Although Barnes can play as an attacking wing back or in the 3 up front
He is a progressive player

Keeper is the most important role for us now
It’s all failing at the very start do we have a guy who can’t Kick, can’t catch and seems to not even be abelt on stand correctly
If all we can do is sign a keeper and a replacement for Dier, I’d take that. I wouldn’t be happy but that’s two huge gaps for me that can be transformative
Forster is a better goalkeeper than Dier is CB IMO, so that has to be the first priority. We also have zero options in the creative attacking midfield role and very few managers play without one of those. I think we need to fill all three roles this summer (and I think we really need 2 new centre backs in the squad) and with us already having £80m of committed spend on Kulu and Porro, unfortunately I don’t think that means we can spend anything like 40m on a keeper. I like Reya but think spending 15m on Livakovic might be a better use of our likely reasonably scarce funds.

Forster is a better goalkeeper than Dier is CB IMO, so that has to be the first priority. We also have zero options in the creative attacking midfield role and very few managers play without one of those. I think we need to fill all three roles this summer (and I think we really need 2 new centre backs in the squad) and with us already having £80m of committed spend on Kulu and Porro, unfortunately I don’t think that means we can spend anything like 40m on a keeper. I like Reya but think spending 15m on Livakovic might be a better use of our likely reasonably scarce funds.
I was really impressed with livakovic in the World Cup but we also have a HG issue
I don’t think the quoted fee for Reya is realistic. It’s just scare tactics as they don’t want him to go
Forster can’t be our starter although he is better than current Hugo
CBS are available on frees as we have discussed
There is a lot to business that can be done without spending a fortune
I also assume that the Kulu deal and the Porro deal is already financed as the club talked about those deals in the post January press release as spend

I was really impressed with livakovic in the World Cup but we also have a HG issue
I don’t think the quoted fee for Reya is realistic. It’s just scare tactics as they don’t want him to go
Forster can’t be our starter although he is better than current Hugo
CBS are available on frees as we have discussed
There is a lot to business that can be done without spending a fortune
I also assume that the Kulu deal and the Porro deal is already financed as the club talked about those deals in the post January press release as spend
If Reya ends up being £20 odd million then fair does, at 40m though I don’t think he is worth it. I’d rather we solved our association trained player issue by signing Maddison (who, alone, I think is likely to take up what remains of our budget) or even Alex Scott. I’d prefer us to solve our association trained player problem by shedding overseas players who simply aren’t good enough like Sanchez and Dier.

The Kulu and Porto deals are indeed financed…. Using this summer’s transfer budget. ;)

Seriously though, without CL football I can’t see how the club make more than another £50m available on top of that £80m already committed. I think our new manager will need a CB (and maybe 2) to come on free transfers and then fund both a keeper and an AM out of £50m and any income from sales. The problem is that we’re unlikely to get much in the way of fees for our unwanted players.

The perfect summer for me would be a new contract for Kane, Reya or Livakovic coming in as new number 1 GK, Ndicka at CB, Maddison and Alex Scott as AM options and Thuram as a LWF option. Thuram and Ndicka being on free’s is key.

Last edited:
If Reya ends up being £20 odd million then fair does, at 40m though I don’t think he is worth it. I’d rather we solved our association trained player issue by signing Maddison (who, alone, I think is likely to take up what remains of our budget) or even Alex Scott. I’d prefer us to solve our association trained player problem by shedding overseas players who simply aren’t good enough like Sanchez and Dier.

The Kulu and Porto deals are indeed financed…. Using this summer’s transfer budget. ;)

Seriously though, without CL football I can’t see how the club make more than another £50m available on top of that £80m already committed. I think our new manager will need a CB (and maybe 2) to come on free transfers and then fund both a keeper and an AM out of £50m and any income from sales. The problem is that we’re unlikely to get much in the way of fees for our unwanted players.

The perfect summer for me would be a new contract for Kane, Reya or Livakovic coming in as new number 1 GK, Ndicka at CB, Maddison and Alex Scott as AM options and Thuram as a LWF option. Thuram and Ndicka being on free’s is key.
That would be an immense window
It’s realistic too
If we had a DOF doing his job
It’s actually the way Paratici world except for the UK based players which I don’t think he has done enough on
And it’s £80m over several seasons I assume… although the Porro deal could be anything the team way that was manipulated

That would be an immense window
It’s realistic too
If we had a DOF doing his job
It’s actually the way Paratici world except for the UK based players which I don’t think he has done enough on
And it’s £80m over several seasons I assume… although the Porro deal could be anything the team way that was manipulated
All transfers are accounted in that way. However that also means 20% of our transfers from the last 4 seasons are also being accounted. With (likely) lower revenue next season than this season I don’t see Levy suddenly lifting net transfer spending.

All transfers are accounted in that way. However that also means 20% of our transfers from the last 4 seasons are also being accounted. With (likely) lower revenue next season than this season I don’t see Levy suddenly lifting net transfer spending.
Well we have the £50m they hadn’t drawn down on. That’s a cash injection
And most deals are done that way, but generally forward loaded. I did read that Richarlison was all up front inbreeding sure though to help Everton with cash issues but i ideas if true
The club can be really smart if we want
Not sure we will be though

And most deals are done that way, but generally forward loaded. I did read that Richarlison was all up front inbreeding sure though to help Everton with cash issues but i ideas if true
I’m not considering the cash by the way. We have reasonable cash reserves (perhaps even the highest in the PL). I just don’t see the club committing more than another £50m on top of the £80m already committed. The only way we do it is with more ‘loan with obligation’ type deals that punt the spend into the future IMO.

Controlling brown men, Richy inbreeding to help Everton's cash flow - You are doing some excellent typo work today lol

Koop ap teh gud werk!

If Everton go down and do have finance issues would be tempted to nab Pickford, while not perfect his use of the ball is good and is HG

Is Raya good with the ball at his feet? I haven't seen enough of him but assume he's a more modern, ball playing keeper than Lloris?

Need to factor in sales to the above. For example, if we get a CB in then one of Sanchez or Tanganga will be leaving so that we have Romero, new CB, Dier and Lenglet as the main 4 CBs, plus one of Sanchez/Tanganga, probably the latter given HG status, even though he's rubbish. (I'm assuming a back 4 manager arrives). So that's Sanchez and Rodon can leave and probably pays for our new keeper

Then at LB we have Davies, Reguilon, Sessegnon and Udogie. We don't need all those

Do we need Royal, Spence and Porro at RB?
etc
etc

We have quite a few players to shift, and even if fees wont be huge indivually, in aggregate they'll be meaningful

How about the forgotten man? Sam Johnstone. Went to Palace I heard because he wanted regular 1st team football. Something we could not offer at the time.

Only made 3 apps for them. I think he is a decent keeper still only young, could be our no.1 for years and would be cheap

How about the forgotten man? Sam Johnstone. Went to Palace I heard because he wanted regular 1st team football. Something we could not offer at the time.

Only made 3 apps for them. I think he is a decent keeper still only young, could be our no.1 for years and would be cheap
Young?? Isn’t he 29/30

Not sure we want to be gambling on the keeper signing. If he cant get in the Palace team....

Back