• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM vs. ASTON VILLA - OMT

Its not moaning though. But some are on their high fudgein horses here but I bet behind the laptop/PC they are screaming like us all and sharing the same frustrations. Hell I bet the players and Manager are too. Its natural - its the way to improve - to understand where youre going wrong and correct them.

No one is saying we cant be frustrated with our lack of clinical finishing or the misplaced pass , but at half time, to read so many posts calling our play slow, boring and not recognising the dominance , I just don't get that.

We have to show patience and hopefully under AVB's stewardship we can turn around our home form against those stubborn defences.

I believe if AVB is given the time we can do something special, it's just meanwhile, some of the opinions on here scare the feck out of me #-o:mickey:

I like what Villa are trying to do with the young team, it's quite refreshing to see (when you have to put up with thelikes of City and Chelsea), that said, it's a big risk perhaps they need a bit more experience in the side, particularly as they cannot play Liverpool every week and their goal difference may mean big trouble.

That said, we have brilliant tempo and some of the passing in the second half was sublime.

I wanted Walker to push up more rather than just give it to Azza but perhaps that's a great idea from AVB (seeing as Walker's crossing isn't his strong point), this way he doesn't tread on Azza's toes and just defends.

Gallas - another good game and showed his experience against the currently hyped Benteke.

What impressed me the most was the work rate and effort of the whole team, especially considering the fixure pile up during this festive season.

Onwards and upwards!
COYS

Villa-Spurs.jpg

No significant weakness? We still could not break down opponents, Baker's injury and their subsequent formation change resulted in the opening of the gate.

What about when Dean Marney destroyed Everton a few years back on NYD?

was that new years day? we need stato to help us out here because i can not even remember the year but im sure i was at the lane when we beat man u on new years day, hope we do the same for reading because i will be there for it.

You know i have a feeling sheringham scored but don't quote me on it.

Was defo New Year's. Remember that Marney didn't know he was starting, but still went to bed early.

Excellent.
Third clean sheet in a row, for me PERSONALLY the best TEAM performance in 12 months, nice to see the high line looking better all the time, nice to see our control of the ball getting better all the time. First-half was frustrating, but for me, we never lost patience and the introduction of Ireland meant Villa had to change their shape. I think for us, it gave us the extra couple of yards we needed to operate and dismember them. I thought the Lloris save from Benteke was both important and great...

I think we should also acknowledge the fantastic off-the-pitch news today that Friedel is staying! Great presence in the squad, really proves that the spirit in the squad is strong, proves too that he likes what's going on even though he'd obviously like to be playing week after week, and proves that our management really respect him as a professional and a presence.

Excellent away day!

Excellent.
Third clean sheet in a row, for me PERSONALLY the best TEAM performance in 12 months, nice to see the high line looking better all the time, nice to see our control of the ball getting better all the time. First-half was frustrating, but for me, we never lost patience and the introduction of Ireland meant Villa had to change their shape. I think for us, it gave us the extra couple of yards we needed to operate and dismember them. I thought the Lloris save from Benteke was both important and great...

I think we should also acknowledge the fantastic off-the-pitch news today that Friedel is staying! Great presence in the squad, really proves that the spirit in the squad is strong, proves too that he likes what's going on even though he'd obviously like to be playing week after week, and proves that our management really respect him as a professional and a presence.

Excellent away day!

That's what it's really about. So what if someone's individual performance isn't what you want it to be? AVB knows better.

Gallas - another good game and showed his experience against the currently hyped Benteke.

A good performance and a solid win. I was hoping Dawson/Caulker/Dempsey/Sigurdsson etc would get a start today, anyway, if Dembele is okay, we now have plenty of options for Sunderland game.

But football could be a very marginal game. Sigurdsson could have became our hero in both the Everton and Stoke game by three inches.

Today Gallas could be blamed for failing to keep up the high line (Benteke was actually marginally off-side, but had Gallas moved up a step, it would be a clear off-side) had the officials failed to spot the marginal off-side.

If AVB knows what's good for him - speaking as a biased American who also wants to see Dempsey succeed -

He plays a 4-4-1-1 with Dempsey as the 2nd striker and Adebayor up front

Even when GHod is hurt?

:ross:

p.s. I am a fan of Dempsey myself, but you do know he was injured today, right mate? ;)

Important not to get carried away, Villa are awful, but an all round good performance nonetheless. When Bale plays like that he is world class, 3 very well taken goals.

One thing I noticed when watching was that it sounded like a decent atmosphere at Villa Park, their fans were singing even at 4-0 down and getting behind the team. Credit to them for that, better than our home support these days.

Excellent.

Excellent away day!

Next two games would be the real test. AVB has thus far kept the same team formation, with minor tweaks to the defense from game to game. Not sure the other players could keep up to this kind of punishing schedule. We were on an even better run this time last season.

Yes, the team is booming with confidence right now. I think even before the Spammers game, they were in good spirit too (see that Callum Special Day video)

One thing I noticed when watching was that it sounded like a decent atmosphere at Villa Park, their fans were singing even at 4-0 down and getting behind the team. Credit to them for that, better than our home support these days.

Some stayed on to sing Lambert's name. But quite a few started to leave at 0-3. I guess it would be the same at most football grounds. There will always be hardcore and fairweather fans. Not that any set of fans are better than the other. Just human nature.

Back