• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Vs Arsenal Player ratings.

Huddy

Ruel Fox
Lloris 7 - Did exactly what we've come to expect fo him. Solid.
Ekotto 7 - Solid by Benny, still lacking in concentration at times.
Vertonghen 9 - Awesome display by the Dutchman. Back to his best.
Dawson 8 - Great aerial defensive display, put his body on the line.
Walker 7.5 - Solid game from Kyle no glaring errors.
Lennon 7.5 - Good runs and a well taken goal, but does tend to drift in and out of the game.
Dembele 7 - Not his best display over shadowed by Parker energy.
Parker 7.5 - Much better second half display, nice pass for assist still looks lacking in quality.
Siggy 6.5 - Decent enough and better than previous, lets hope the improvement continues.
Bale 8 - Excellent goal and great work rate, another class display from the Welshman.
Ade 6 - Lifted after the goal but still offering far too little to the game.

Defoe 6.5 - Ran the channels far better than Ade and put himself about. We're going to need him.
Livermore 6 - the Livermore effect.

AVB - 7 solid tactics although I'd of preferred we'd controlled play more in the first half.

Lennon 7.5 - Good runs and a well taken goal, but does tend to drift in and out of the game.
Parker 7.5 - Much better second half display, nice pass for assist still looks lacking in quality.
Siggy 6.5 - Decent enough and better than previous, lets hope the improvement continues.
Bale 8 - Excellent goal and great work rate, another class display from the Welshman.

Defoe 6.5 - Ran the channels far better than Ade and put himself about. We're going to need him.

AVB - 7 solid tactics although I'd of preferred we'd controlled play more in the first half.

Well he's Belgian but yea, awesome display by the lad today

I thought Dembele was massive for us too and deserves a better rating than you gave him but other than that I'd not really argue with anything you said

For Verts: imperious. Absolutely imperious. Showed Vermaelen what real defending is.

For Siggy; he got an assist, and looked dangerous in the main. 7.5 for me.

Disappointed not to see Holtby, but......fudge me, what a win.

I thought Siggy and Dembele were our best players along with Vertonghen

LLoris - 7 - SOLID in goal.

Walker - 7.5 - Real solid, kept Nacho, Cazorla, Podolski all quiet.
Dawson - 8 - Real captain performance, superb block at the end.
Vertonghen - 9 - His best game in a Spurs shirt by far, future captain.
Ekotto - 7.5 - Solid, so cool and composed on the ball, great passing.

Lennon - 7 - Was a threat everytime he got on the ball, great to see him get a goal.
Parker - 7.5 - Class in the second half, lovely ball for Lennons goal too.
Dembele - 7 - He's so good at tackling and making up ground, his presense was crucial in my opinion, hope it isn't serious.
Sigurdsson - 7.5 - First half was better than the first for him, his defending was great, superb passing, especially for Bales goal. Master stroke from AVB.

Bale - 8 - Always a threat, caused problems for Arsenal when he had the ball, great finish too, he's be disappointed he didn't score from his volley though.
Ade - 5 - Got a yellow early on and I feel that may have hampered him, did raise his game after we scored our first though.

--

Defoe - 7 - He was so much better than Adebayor it was scary, held up well, set up Sigurdsson for what should have been a goal and he was a threat.
Livermore - 10 - Livermore effect.
Gallas - 10 - For smiling

NLD player ratings

Lloris - outstanding, safe as houses, dealt with all the corners and the pressure. Keep this up and he'll be our next Jennings 8

Walker - his pace is so vital and his defending was outstanding 8

Dawson - not a single mistake all game; put his body on the line when needed 8

Vertonghen - Jan is back!! Imperiously timed tackle after tackle; header after header; outstanding positioning and even a professional foul when it was needed 9 - MOM

BAE - did his bit and kept Walcott quiet all game 7

Lennon - grafted and ran and..... his goal gives him an extra point 8

Parker - endured the jibes on this board for months. Back to his 2011 best; all over the pitch and an outstanding assist for Lennon 8

Dembele - excellent possession game from the Belgian 8

Bale - not his best game but his goal was the game changer 8

Adebayor - better than past games but still most ineffective; lost the beanpole for the scum goal 6

Subs

Defoe - 6

AVB - What a game plan; outmastered the supposed master 10!!!!!

Edit

Sorry Siggy, left you out - that's what a NLD win does to us. Best game in a Spurs shirt yet. 7 - would have had an 8 if he didn't screw up his one on one

Last edited:
Everyone played extremely well except Adebayor - yet another shoddy outing for the Togolese liability.

Bale really should have slotted that cross from 6 yards out, pretty poor to blaze it over. And Siggy should have buried that chance 1 on 1.

Otherwise really good, awesome from Vertonghen, Dawson and Lloris

Lloris 7 - Solid

Walker 7.5 - Thought he played really well today
Verts 9 - Quality performance, was like watching Ledders in his prime!
Dawson 8.5 - Great performance
BAE 7.5 - Played his part in a solid team defensive effort

Lennon 7 - Dangerous on the counter, but we couldn't get him into the game for sustained periods. Good defensive work, as ever
Dembele 7.5 - Actually thought he was quality today, considering we were out-numbered in the middle
Parker 7 - Decent performance, few wayward passes
Siggy 8 - Very impressed by him today, rarely wasted the ball and great workrate - only blemish was not converting/finding Bale when put through

Bale 7.5 - Great finish
Adebayor 6.5 Looked slightly sharper but still good enough. Hope the injury isn't serious

Subs:
Defoe 7.5 - Looked very sharp
Livermore - N/A
Gallas - N/A

Lloris 7

Walker 7
Verts 9
Dawson 8
BAE 7.5

Lennon 7
Dembele 8
Parker 7
Siggy 7.5

Bale 7.5
Adebayor 6.5

Subs:
Defoe 7
Livermore
Gallas - 8(for the attitude)

Gylfi should have scored the 3rd, why he opted to pass is beyond me

Surprised to see most giving Parker a better rating than Dembele... thought the latter was excellent today. Kept the ball much better than Parker, and won possession back more too. It was a decent assist from Scotty, but apart from that I thought Dembele was better in every way and deserves an 8.

Lloris 8 - a couple of crucial saves, one in between two arsenal players intercepting a low cross. brave, acrobatic and calm.
Ekotto 8 - BAE classic...three, four pin point cross field crosses, plus making the opposition look like clowns....how can anyone not see how this guy is class and spurs flair through and through
Vertonghen 9 - used his anticipation and experience very well, read the arsenal play like a book
Dawson 8 - super captain... went up against the ref to protest for attention for his player
Walker 8 - best game this season, good and solid display in both attack and defence
Lennon 8 - took a long time to get started but when he did... he scores!
Dembele 8 - fantastic player and his interception opened the way for one of the goals. definitely becoming one of the classier DMs, plus flair in the spurs way too!
Parker 8 - gave the ball away too many times but bonus points for his assist
Siggy 8 - best game for Spurs so far. Well deserved starting position, should have scored on one of the tries.
Bale 8 - love it when he takes the challenges and the knocks and just gets on with it .... air of invincibility around him these days. Would have been a 9 if he hadn't missed that cross from BAE
Ade 8 - played to AVB's instructions obediently to draw the defence out so that someone else can slip behind. got back to challenge and held up the ball well enough in a midfield that was overcrowed with red shirts.

AVB 10 - out-thought old wenger!

Prior to his assist Parker was atrocious. Kept giving the ball away constantly. And I mean GIVING as he under no pressure several times hit passes into nowhere.

Lloris 8 - Commanded the box and came out wel
Ekotto 6.5 - Looked vulnerable at times
Vertonghen 8 - Awesome ball playing CB
Dawson 8 - Battled and lead by example
Walker 7 - Solid game dealt well with whoever he played against
Lennon 7.5 - brilliant energy and brilliant goal.
Dembele 7 - got stuck in and did an under appreciated physical game
Parker 7 - Good assist but wasteful at time under pressure
Siggy 7 - Physically a beast, but faded in the second half, brilliant through ball
Bale 7.5 - Brilliant finish and good work rate.
Ade 6 - Didn't occupy the defenders enough

Defoe 6.5 - Occupied the defenders
Livermore 1000000 - We win when he's on.

Upon reflection, I am even more impressed now that for all their posession they never managed to carve us open once all game. They really couldn't find a way through even with their over-loaded midfield nor when they sent on striking reinforcements.

Great defensive performance and we were perfectly setup to hit them on the counter, well done to AVB - defence was well drilled and playing Sig payed off handsomely.

In other words..
AVB 10
Freund 10

Lloris 8 - Feel so confident with him in goal. So solid!

Walker 7 - Best game fron him in a while.
Dawson 8 - Some great tackles. Didn't put a foot wrong.
Vertonghen 9 - MOM! Awesome, so composed on the ball.
Ekotto 7 - His casualness does worry me.

Lennon 7 - Took his goal well.
Sig 7 - Great assist but should have scored.
Parker 7 - Did great for the 2nd goal, but wasteful in possession.
Dembele 7 - Much better from him today.
Bale 8 - Great finish for the goal. Not quite at his best but still clinical.

Ade 5 - His head has gone! Didn't he learn from the last NLD?

Defoe 6.5 - Good to have a forward back who can hold the ball up and offers far more than the other bloke.
Livermore N/A

Back