• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Vs Arsenal Player ratings.

Lloris 8 - fantastic speed and commitment off his line, no blame for goal

Walker 7 - good all round performance

Dawson 8 - outstanding blocking

Verts 9 Motm - well up for it today, has to be one of the best timers of a tackle in the Prem

Bae 7 - did enough

Lennon 7 - brilliant run for his goal then gave away unnecessary fk for their goal, played his part second half

Parker 7 - love the way he puts his body on the line for the cause, if only he could also put more balls through like the one for Lennon's goal

Dembele 6 - played his part

Bale 7 - thank f**k his scoring run continues

Sigurdsson 8 - exquisite through ball for Bale's goal and worked his socks off for the cause

Adebayor 6 - still unable to find his form but did his bit

Subs

Defoe 7 - looked sharp

Livermore n/a

Gallas n/a

LLoris 8 Fine again. Top keeper.

Walker 7 Doing well at the moment

Dawson 8 One or two missed headers but very solid

Vertonghen 8 Solid, good tackles

Assou ekotto 7 No problem

Parker 8 Probably his best game this season

Dembele 7 Alright

Lennon 8 Good goal

Bale 7 Not his best game, but scored

Siggurdson 8 Looked dangerous every time he had the ball

Adebayor 6 Did his bit holding ball up but never really in front of goal.

The interesting thing for me was

- The Scum played well without ever really threatening (I guess that's their issue)
- There could have been two to three other goals in that game, but it would have been all Tottenham Goals (Bale, Siggy, JD come to mind)

Well done, lots of work to do, but where's stato?

The run, Bale's scoring, etc, seemed a few interesting numbers today.

Top result. Thought the CBs and Lloris were top notch

Disappointed with Ade again - really doesnt look like he's interested. Was also surprised it took AVB 60 mins to tell Bale to pick up their deepest CM

Lloris 8 - Simply excellent with what he had to do today. Several big claims as they hoofed the ball in desparatley a-la Wet Spam (the ****s!)

Walker 7 - Strong showing today and needed to be. Played ill. Top man.

Dawson 9 - Marvelous from the skiper.

Verts 9 - Honestly? Looked like a hybrid of Moore and Beckenbaur today. Best tackling since Ledders. MOM.

Bae 7 - Adapted well second-half and made sure Rosicky couldn't thread any channel balls through.

Lennon 7 - Really upped his game after a shaky first 20 and what a lovely goal.

Parker 7 - Again after a shaky start got very strong. I liked his more advance role second-half.

Dembele 7 - So strong, so important he was there.

Bale 7 - If he hadn't missed the sitter, an 8. Again, showed his team-work/effort off the ball a lot today. On it? Well...mustard!

Sigurdsson 7 - Once he got to grips with the pace of it, did well. He is still short of confidence; a confident player puts cezny in the back of the net with the ball. Did very well not to let his head drop because that was a massive moment.

Adebayor 6 - compromised by the early yellow card, did well not to be dragged into a second yellow by increasingly desperate filth. Worked hard.

Subs

Defoe 7 - very good indeed.

Livermore 6 - steady enough

Gallas 6 - marvelous touchline smile put the final nail in the gooner coffin!!!!

Lloris 7
Walker 7
Dawson 7
Vertonghen 8
Assou-Ekotto 7
Lennon 7
Parker 7
Dembele 7
Sigurðsson 7
Bale 7
Adebayor 6

Defoe 7
Livermore -
Gallas -

Nervy start from us and the scum were clearly the better side for 25+ minutes, but goals change games. Fantastic result.

I been trying to defend Ade as much as I can in recent weeks and look for the positives in his game but it has to be said today he was poor and we looked a better more dangerous team as soon as Defoe came on (Defoe did more in his first 10mins than Ade had done the whole match prior)

I been trying to defend Ade as much as I can in recent weeks and look for the positives in his game but it has to be said today he was poor and we looked a better more dangerous team as soon as Defoe came on (Defoe did more in his first 10mins than Ade had done the whole match prior)

And given that Defoe only played 10 mins with fresh legs against an Arsenal chasing the game that was pretty much as expected.

Ade's movement again helps us create chances. It's difficult to claim he should be doing more of this or that without knowing what instructions he's been given or what AVB's plans for the team are.

I dont think anyone was particularly outstanding and today was a team effort. Although Daws and Vert were exceptional and Lennon was brilliant (the 90th minute epitomised everything about him running around like speedy gonzales to get the ball of Le Arse). I think Parker after the first 20 minutes was very good, yeah he gave the ball away a few times but the through ball was sublime and he ventured further forward today and proved competent.

On the other hand Ade was like playing with 10 men and Defoe coming on showed what we missed - someone who actually runs, works hard, takes a shot every now and again and actually held the ball up a lot better than Ade has done.

And given that Defoe only played 10 mins with fresh legs against an Arsenal chasing the game that was pretty much as expected.

Ade's movement again helps us create chances. It's difficult to claim he should be doing more of this or that without knowing what instructions he's been given or what AVB's plans for the team are.

That last comment is laughable especially when fans pay a brickload of money to watch someone standing around but ill leave this for the Ade thread. I very much dout AVBs instructions is for Ade to stand about.

So not only are people STILL making excuses for Ade, they're making excuses when a player comes on his position and shows him up? :ross: I understand people wanting to defend a Spurs player, but it's getting laughable now. Ade managed to get himself booked for another needless challenge and offered no goal threat whatsover.

His goal record is what? 3 in 25 now? It's getting near 1 in 10. I don't know how anyone can say he's been good this season.

Last edited:

Defoe has offered more than Ade in terms of build up and end product this season, far more. There should really be no debate on who starts the majority of the games for the rest of the season.

Ade played a role in Bale's goal, his run made space for Bale and obviously that was a big moment in the match and should not be overlooked but it has to be said that Ade was generally poor today and Defoe looked more effective when he came on (tired Arsenal legs or not, Defoe was coming back from injury himself)

I want both, all our strikers to be on top form and I've been trying to point to the positives in Ade's game (as with the run for Bale's goal today) but even I have to hold my hands up and admit that he's not playing to his best right now or this season in general and Defoe is looking the better striker currently

Lloris 7

Walker 7
Dawson 7
Vertonghen 8
BAE 6.5

Lennon 7.5
Parker 7
Dembele 6.5
Sigurdsson 7

Bale 7
Ade 6

Apologies for being a downer, but this game has really highlighted my concerns. The win and the spirit was unbelievable, but I have to say that I'm worried by how consistently we are outpassed-and-moved in games - not just against the classy sides like Arsenal, but even midtable teams for long stretches of a match. We constantly seem to struggle to craft some cohesion in midfield, much less the fast and fluid one-touch kind; it's like we've never even heard of triangles or one-twos (though thankfully we finally showed we actually do have a throughball THANK GHod). And I just can't figure out why, because it's not like we have donkeys without technique in our team. I don't think it's AVB or the coaches or our movement alone, I think a large part of it is that our players' standout qualities aren't passing-related so we're lacking in those Xavi-esque players who truly live and breath Pass and Move. You could say Swansea's players are not as "good" as us individual to individual, and yet they are firmly grounded in this philosophy.

It's not just about "attractiveness" for me; I don't really care if we play pretty football, but I think there is a close association between comfort on the ball and results in the long run. For me our form resembles Saudi Sportswashing Machine of last season or Villa a few seasons ago a little too much for my liking - as a counterattacking team with a firm defense we'll get results, but they'll be hard-fought single-goal victories until we figure out a way to develop a coherent passing game. That's why Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Villa's runs couldn't last; that's why goal difference is so closely associated with league position. We can still finish top four this season, but I don't think we are merely a super-striker away from becoming a top-class team. I'm focusing on Levy and the scouts as much as AVB!

Well I thought our defence was outstanding, particularly when under the passing pressure from le Arse

Lloris is the best keeper in the league bar non and did what he could very well

Dembele and Parker both were excellent against 3 players.

Soggy worked bloody hard if no away was effective and bale was similar IMO but that's why world class players are world class, they take their chance when it comes.

Lennon worked his socks off too even if his end product was lacking

I'm no fan of Ade this season but I actually thought he out in some effort. He realised he was stranded a but on his own so he moved deeper to play on Arteta and how Arteta never got booked for the fouls before Hal time on Ade ill neve know

But for me the MOTM was actually the ref - I've met Clattenberg a few times and hammered him for his decisions against us vs United but toda he was excellent and tried to keep the game flowing. He was sensible with his cautions and would pull the players away when necessary e.g the Dawson Vermaelen flare up

Apologies for being a downer, but this game has really highlighted my concerns. The win and the spirit was unbelievable, but I have to say that I'm worried by how consistently we are outpassed-and-moved in games - not just against the classy sides like Arsenal, but even midtable teams for long stretches of a match. We constantly seem to struggle to craft some cohesion in midfield, much less the fast and fluid one-touch kind; it's like we've never even heard of triangles or one-twos (though thankfully we finally showed we actually do have a throughball THANK GHod). And I just can't figure out why, because it's not like we have donkeys without technique in our team. I don't think it's AVB or the coaches or our movement alone, I think a large part of it is that our players' standout qualities aren't passing-related so we're lacking in those Xavi-esque players who truly live and breath Pass and Move. You could say Swansea's players are not as "good" as us individual to individual, and yet they are firmly grounded in this philosophy.

It's not just about "attractiveness" for me; I don't really care if we play pretty football, but I think there is a close association between comfort on the ball and results in the long run. For me our form resembles Saudi Sportswashing Machine of last season or Villa a few seasons ago a little too much for my liking - as a counterattacking team with a firm defense we'll get results, but they'll be hard-fought single-goal victories until we figure out a way to develop a coherent passing game. That's why Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Villa's runs couldn't last; that's why goal difference is so closely associated with league position. We can still finish top four this season, but I don't think we are merely a super-striker away from becoming a top-class team. I'm focusing on Levy and the scouts as much as AVB!

Oh

My

GHod.

Lloris 8 - he is just so solid and he inspires total confidence.

BAE 7 - kept Walcott quiet, getting back to his best.
Vertonghen 9 - 'that' tackle was Ledley-esque, skilful commanding performance MotM.
Dawson 8.5 - imperious performance.
Walker 7 - excellent going forward, defended quite well.

Sigurdsson 7.5 - worked his socks off, left BAE isolated at times, but great to see him start.
Parker 8 - getting back to his best, awesome ball through to Lennon.
Dembele 8 - drove the team forward, I love the way he 'ghosts' past people.
Lennon 8 - ran his socks off, worked well with Walker, devastating finish for our second goal.

Bale 8.5 - kept 2 or 3 people on, or around him, but devastating finish for our first goal.
Adebayor 6 - I thought he was only going to last 1 extra minute today?

Subs:

Defoe 7 - I am glad that he is back, showed more movement and held the ball better than the other fella!
Livermore 6 - his excellent stats continue.
Gallas N/A

AVB 10 - I think he deserves this for masterminding his first NLD win.

Fans 8 - the noise coming out of the Spurs faithful was awesome, although it was quite nervy at times.

COYS!!

Back