• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham v Saudi Sportswashing Machine OMT***

Kane's was a bad tackle. If an opposing player had done that to Kane and crocked him for 2 months, we'd be phucked off about it.

But I'm ok with our team putting in hard tackles, we are one of the toughest teams in the league now.

Kane's was a bad tackle. If an opposing player had done that to Kane and crocked him for 2 months, we'd be phucked off about it.

But I'm ok with our team putting in hard tackles, we are one of the toughest teams in the league now.
Cannot agree with that. The replays showed Kane won the ball fair and square before the combined momentum of both players resulted in the Toon coming off worse. The booking seemed harsh imo.

Unfortunately Dele will have to live with being targeted by players in the hope he will retaliate, it's always like this at the start of a season, refs try to lay down the law and after a few games they start letting tackles go.

Unfortunately Dele will have to live with being targeted by players in the hope he will retaliate, it's always like this at the start of a season, refs try to lay down the law and after a few games they start letting tackles go.

Exactly, i remember the beginning of last season when there were 3 or 4 penalties given for the slightest contact / tussles in the area from corners

Cannot agree with that. The replays showed Kane won the ball fair and square before the combined momentum of both players resulted in the Toon coming off worse. The booking seemed harsh imo.

You can't scissor tackle people now, as far as I know anyway, which is what Harry ended up doing. If one of theirs had steamed into Harry and he got hurt, I guarantee this place would be up in arms about it. Definite yellow card and a bit of a needless challenge -- but like I said, I don't mind that we play with a bit of edge now. People must hate playing against us because we are strong, quite dirty and really phucking good!

He did exactly the right thing today, made sure the ref knew about it and turned their attempted wind ups against them. Revenge best served cold and all that.

That was the stupidest red card ever received. Shelvey, what an idiot, LOL. Dele didn't even make a fuss about it, which I'm certain 99% of all players would've.

Great to start the season with a win and a clean sheet. Solid win, but unspectacular. Made easy by that tool Shelvey, LOL.

And another two assists by Eriksen, the first of many this season I'm certain.

Just back at my old man's house after a few beers in town post game (I don't live here anymore and heading back south again tomorrow).

Game ruined by the idiot that it Jonjo Shlevey, we were comfortable at 11v11. 11 v 10 your quality shone through.

Kane should have been sent off for his horror tackle of Lejeune, potentially a different game given Benitez had set us up really well and first 45 was really comfortable considering the gulf in class in quality of the players in each side.

Thought Merino looked good when he came on and actually changed the game as it looked like you would go on to get 3,4,5 until he came on and controlled the midfield and did more in his first 10 minutes than Shelvey did in his 48. Looks like a really promising player.

Need to sign a good striker, keeper and no10 if we want to stay up.

Was really disappointed with your travelling support, normally one of the better ones but not today. Most Championship sides made more noise. You were very loud in two 5 minute patches either side of each goal but otherwise awful. Expected better.

If getting dominated at home 11v11 is comfortable, then yeah.

Kane's tackle was clean, unlike Richie's hack from behind.

You can console yourself that your most difficult home game is out the way.

Back