• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham v Saudi Sportswashing Machine OMT***

First 45 you had one or two shots and never looked like scoring, it was more than comfortable until Shelvey decided to be that taco that he is.

We'd have worn you down in the end. The stats don't lie, neither did my vision mate. Good effort from yours but The Waiter needs more help. As for the flapping about Kane's tackle, a yellow was right, he got the ball, momentum cause the rest of the clash, absolutely NO intent to hurt the player. Richie went to 'do' All and could've got his marching papers (thankfully a little too slow to really nobble him) and early in the game, some other player of yours I cannot remember took him out. The Waiter set up to intimidate us and we stood up.

I have to say that I thought Harry got away with it a bit - both feet were off the ground and it ended up as a scissors tackle. I would have been ripping if someone had done it to him.

I thought Richie's was terrible - completely cynical attempt to injure an opponent.

Maybe Harry's saving grace was that he appeared to be going honestly for the ball.

This. And he got the ball first. If he doesn't touch the ball then yes, he's lucky.

Given that it was possible to imagine that it was feasible that we could only get a point or two from our first two games, a win today and cheatski struggling to find enough players to make up a team, suddenly it feels like we have the chance to make a fast start. We usually find a way of throwing it away against them though....
Ever the optimist... o_O

A good quietly efficient start.
3 points, clean sheet and no fuss or hysterics.
We will not go away.
And as shown yesterday we will not be bullied. We stood up to them and match their tactics when needed.
Benitez tried to expose kwp, fine we all expected that but everyone covered the lad.
When that didn't work he tried to wind Dele up, fail.
Got what they deserved, nothing.

Just back at my old man's house after a few beers in town post game (I don't live here anymore and heading back south again tomorrow).

Game ruined by the idiot that it Jonjo Shlevey, we were comfortable at 11v11. 11 v 10 your quality shone through.

Kane should have been sent off for his horror tackle of Lejeune, potentially a different game given Benitez had set us up really well and first 45 was really comfortable considering the gulf in class in quality of the players in each side.

Thought Merino looked good when he came on and actually changed the game as it looked like you would go on to get 3,4,5 until he came on and controlled the midfield and did more in his first 10 minutes than Shelvey did in his 48. Looks like a really promising player.

Need to sign a good striker, keeper and no10 if we want to stay up.

Was really disappointed with your travelling support, normally one of the better ones but not today. Most Championship sides made more noise. You were very loud in two 5 minute patches either side of each goal but otherwise awful. Expected better.

Can not agree with that at all, i was at the game and in all honesty we did not play well but we NEVER looked in any danger of not getting the 3 point. We wear teams down and the amount of possession we had led to most of you players running around chasing the ball. Of course the sending off helped us but i think we would have won easily anyway.

The one thing i can partly agree with you over was the Kane tackle, it was not a good one and on another day with a different ref could have got a red card. As for the singing well i was told in a pub before the game ( by a local) that you have now got a singing section, i still not sure where in the ground it is as i never heard them.

To sum the game up it was not one of our best performances by a long way but we got the job done and it was never in doubt. Walker-Peters had a good first game and looked very assured, Toby and Jan made the job look easy as usual, as for the rest they were average ( imo) but my MOM was Eriksen who seems to get better every year.

It was also good to see Wanyama and Son make a return.

Can not agree with that at all, i was at the game and in all honesty we did not play well but we NEVER looked in any danger of not getting the 3 point. We wear teams down and the amount of possession we had led to most of you players running around chasing the ball. Of course the sending off helped us but i think we would have won easily anyway.

The one thing i can partly agree with you over was the Kane tackle, it was not a good one and on another day with a different ref could have got a red card. As for the singing well i was told in a pub before the game ( by a local) that you have now got a singing section, i still not sure where in the ground it is as i never heard them.

To sum the game up it was not one of our best performances by a long way but we got the job done and it was never in doubt. Walker-Peters had a good first game and looked very assured, Toby and Jan made the job look easy as usual, as for the rest they were average ( imo) but my MOM was Eriksen who seems to get better every year.

It was also good to see Wanyama and Son make a return.

The singing section was set up to heckle Sissoko who got the last laugh when he applauded them, and to jeer Alli for having someone stamp in his leg

That's where it was, silly sods must be blind as well as fat bastards, the first couple of times Walker-Peters got the ball they booed him ( i assume they thought he was Sissoko). :)
Forgot to mention that! Had me chuckling to myself anyway.

Not a vintage performance but you can't be at your best every week. We'll never know what would have happened if Shelvey hadn't done what he had done (must be the stupidest red card ever to think he could get away with it as the ref was about 10 yards away!) but it definitely changed the game in our favour, we looked sluggish before it happened.

Impressed with KWP. He will no doubt face tougher tests than Sunday, starting with Chelsea but he looked composed and calm under pressure.

Son is of course a big step up in class from Sissoko so it's no surprise he made a difference when he came on.

I can see why Greg was upset with Kane's tackle but I don't agree it should have been a red card. If someone had scissor tackled Kane and he was injured as a result, this place have gone ballistic.

I got exactly what I wanted from this game.

Professional performance, never in trouble, comfortable win and clean sheet. Just what we needed.

Title winners dont score 4 every game, they just get the job done with as little fuss as possible.

Considering we are generally slow starters, and often trip up in games like this, I am over the moon with Sundays game.

I dont think the sending off changed anything either. If Shelvey stayed on a Spurs win was inevitable, we would have broken them down eventually and probably finished up 2-0 all the same. It just expedited that and made it all the more comfrotable for us.

It was great to be able to get some minutes into Son, Winks and Wanyama.

IMG_4931.jpg

Back