• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham v Saudi Sportswashing Machine OMT***

If getting dominated at home 11v11 is comfortable, then yeah.

Kane's tackle was clean, unlike Richie's hack from behind.

You can console yourself that your most difficult home game is out the way.

First 45 you had one or two shots and never looked like scoring, it was more than comfortable until Shelvey decided to be that taco that he is.

Ritchie's hack from behind was cynical and poor, deserved yellow. Kane used excessive force and was dangerous. Clear red card but the referee bottled sending off England's golden boy.

Ritchie's hack from behind was cynical and poor, deserved yellow. Kane used excessive force and was dangerous. Clear red card but the referee bottled sending off England's golden boy.

That's rubbish. He was in control of the tackle, he got his legs around but didn't go through the man.

Haven't seen that tackle mentioned anywhere, so couldn't be that bad. As said above, most teams (except Stoke) do ok in the first 45 against us, but eventually tire and break down. We have scored exceptionally many goals in the last 20 minutes. Saudi Sportswashing Machine should be OK though. Won't ship too many goals, but look a bit weak up front. Neither Gayle or Mitrovich will get into double digits.

Haven't seen that tackle mentioned anywhere, so couldn't be that bad. As said above, most teams (except Stoke) do ok in the first 45 against us, but eventually tire and break down. We have scored exceptionally many goals in the last 20 minutes. Saudi Sportswashing Machine should be OK though. Won't ship too many goals, but look a bit weak up front. Neither Gayle or Mitrovich will get into double digits.

We absolutely must sign a decent striker between now and the end of the transfer window.

Kane should have had another 2 . Saudi Sportswashing Machine were painfully average so we didn't need to work any harder than we did.

Kane's tackle was yellow, no more no less.

That's rubbish. He was in control of the tackle, he got his legs around but didn't go through the man.

IMG_5168.jpg

The boy is very lucky not to come away with a broken leg. Edge of the touchline, going nowhere, a shocker of a challenge in frustration after he lost the ball. The very definition of reckless and use of excessive force.

IMG_5168.jpg

The boy is very lucky not to come away with a broken leg. Edge of the touchline, going nowhere, a shocker of a challenge in frustration after he lost the ball. The very definition of reckless and use of excessive force.

It wasn't. The photo is misleading. He wasn't off the ground, he didn't charge in, he was in control of the challenge. The only error was getting a leg either side. A yellow was right.

IMG_5168.jpg

That photo is after the ball was won

Your defender stepped into the player after he had cleared the ball due to both players momentum

Richie was a blatant attempt to hurt a player and from behind.... straight red that

@Greg Atsu looks a steal at £6m. Maybe Nkoudou for us could be similar, but Atsu who's a good few years older than Nkoudou looks more dangerous. Atsu can carried the ball with pace, creating attacks from the half way line, not sure of his end product though. We could do with a player like that, although bettering Son who is quite quick would be difficult. The obvious player we should have singed last summer is Mane. If we'd signed him we would have won the league title.

The game was as dull as dish water first half. Can't blame Benetiz for setting up the way he did. We lacked a bit of zip but had too much ultimately. Saudi Sportswashing Machine need to sign a forward. Several decent chances to score, but they barley got a shot on target.

Last edited:
I have to say that I thought Harry got away with it a bit - both feet were off the ground and it ended up as a scissors tackle. I would have been ripping if someone had done it to him.

I thought Richie's was terrible - completely cynical attempt to injure an opponent.

Maybe Harry's saving grace was that he appeared to be going honestly for the ball.

Was really disappointed with your travelling support, normally one of the better ones but not today. Most Championship sides made more noise. You were very loud in two 5 minute patches either side of each goal but otherwise awful. Expected better.

Really? Must've had all the effects mics up the the top of the Leazes then :rolleyes:

Tend to agree a little with Greg that we struggled to break them down, plenty of teams sit back against us though. Just hope if we come up against teams with more pace in them we do not get done on the counter attack because at times I feel we committed to many men forwards.

We struggled to break them down until Shelvey was sent off - but then, you expect that against a Rafa side. We'd started inching the tempo up before that incident, though - and I feel like, even if they'd stayed at eleven, we'd have upped our intensity as the game neared the 65/70 minute mark in a bid to force the goal. Perhaps by bringing Son on, as we ended up doing (and he instantly made us look more threatening - it's clear that his confidence hasn't suffered in the wake of his broken arm and delayed preseason).

All in all, solid performance despite the easier circumstances after the red card. Props go to Hugo, Toby, Jan, Davies and Dier for having quietly effective games - Alli for having the wit and cheekiness to get Shelvey sent off while keeping his own cool in the face of increasingly obvious attempts to bait him all game, KWP for performing very well for a youngster playing in his first game (and, indeed, on his first start) and both Dembele and Eriksen for being silky and effective in equal measure as the game wore on and their class began to tell.

Good start. Now f*cking sign some players, beat Chelsea and let's see if we can't have ourselves a barnstorming August in spite of the disappointing window that preceded it.

Also, I gave Sissoko last year without judging him, since I felt it's the least we could do in terms of being more forgiving and supportive of our players - *all* of them, regardless of price tag. As far as I'm concerned, his actual Spurs career starts now.

Thus, this season, I'll be expecting more from him, GKN and Janssen, if they all stick around after the window shuts. And on the showing he gave yesterday, I have to say, he isn't impressing me so far.

Last edited:
First 45 you had one or two shots and never looked like scoring, it was more than comfortable until Shelvey decided to be that taco that he is.

We didn't get out of second gear against that bunch of championship plodders. Rafa is out of his depth when he hasn't got a top squad like Inter, Real or Cheatski. Master tactician my arse. Top five manager in the world :D

Rafa-572191.jpg

Kane's tackle was no different than Lascelles(?) on Dele.

Back