• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs WOOLWICH ARS*NAL OMT***

Both those goals give me the horn. Carved WIDE open twice in 3 minutes. It's something you'd expect them lot to do to us 10 years ago. Love it

Anyone got the pic of Bale holding two fingers up on one hand and one on the other?

Would like to print a few copies off for work tomorrow

BEdKO_xCcAEDHO-.jpg

i like this from Martin Samuel...

"While Arsenal tiptoe around the perimeters of the penalty area, Tottenham invade it at warp speed and that line of inquiry is terrifying to a defender"

\o/

Lovely game!

Two almost identical goals, horrible defending from them, but also well created and taken from us.

Flukey goal for them, thought we defended really well after that. Was expecting a lot more pressure from them after that goal, was nervy to the end of course, but we did well. We should have scored a couple more, but as long as we win it doesn't matter :)

i like this from Martin Samuel...

"While Arsenal tiptoe around the perimeters of the penalty area, Tottenham invade it at warp speed and that line of inquiry is terrifying to a defender"

More than anything I think this highlights the difference in midfield. Parker and Dembele makes us very competitive in midfield. If not for his injury we would have Sandro in there who would have made us even more competitive.

I can't remember how many touches Parker was allowed to take before sliding the ball in to Lenon, but it was quite a few. Loads of space and time in a position like that to pick and time a pass to a runner is just terrible whatever way you look at it. Had our midfield given that kind of time to Wheelchair or Cazorla I have no doubt they would have played passes in to Walcott for example who would have given our defenders as much trouble, but our midfielders made sure that most of those through balls had to be played under pressure.

Song wasn't a great defensive midfielder imo, but at least he was a defensive midfielder. Arteta is a good playmaker, but not very good defensively. Ramsey is just a Welsh Jenas.

More than anything I think this highlights the difference in midfield. Parker and Dembele makes us very competitive in midfield. If not for his injury we would have Sandro in there who would have made us even more competitive.

I can't remember how many touches Parker was allowed to take before sliding the ball in to Lenon, but it was quite a few. Loads of space and time in a position like that to pick and time a pass to a runner is just terrible whatever way you look at it. Had our midfield given that kind of time to Wheelchair or Cazorla I have no doubt they would have played passes in to Walcott for example who would have given our defenders as much trouble, but our midfielders made sure that most of those through balls had to be played under pressure.

Song wasn't a great defensive midfielder imo, but at least he was a defensive midfielder. Arteta is a good playmaker, but not very good defensively. Ramsey is just a Welsh Jenas.

That's a tactic I see from Arsenal a lot.

They pick out the 'passers' in the opposition team and close them down whilst allowing the others time, as they have neither the aggression nor desire to press the way we do. Obviously they thought that they could leave Parker with the ball and use the spare man to press Dembele/Sig/Bale - they often do the same with Dawson too.

I've got a banging headache and no voice. Thank fudge I took today off! Am going to crack open a beer and watch the game again! \o/

That's a tactic I see from Arsenal a lot.

They pick out the 'passers' in the opposition team and close them down whilst allowing the others time, as they have neither the aggression nor desire to press the way we do. Obviously they thought that they could leave Parker with the ball and use the spare man to press Dembele/Sig/Bale - they often do the same with Dawson too.

I thought we did similarly yesterday when getting very close to Arteta and Wheelchair while allowing Ramsey more time on the ball. It's a good strategy. Particularly Bale and Ade looked very aware to make sure one of them were close to Arteta during their buildup play. Could even see them "hand him off" in a way at times between them.

But, if the player you're allowing time on the ball is in space in front of the back 4 with space in behind and runners coming into it someone has to close him down. They didn't. The scum back 4 got a lot of the criticism, but for me when midfielders are allowed that kind of space and time to pick a pass it's always going to be very difficult for the defenders and mistakes will happen.

The defining image of the game for me was when Giroud was put through...Lloris was quickly out to face him (as always), but it was as if he was so unconcerned/unthreatened that he let Vert come and take it off him. Maybe he had a shout from him...either way, I reckon it sums up the difference in communication/anticipation between our defence and theirs. It also had Arsenal fans praying that they had Van Persie. Our goals were like mirrored images of it...ball through the backline, no communication, goalkeeper runs out but never looks like he's actually gonna stop either of them scoring.

Ramsay did get free once though when someones run took BAE away, thought his shot was going into the far corner.

Surprised they took Jenkinson of really, he looked pretty decent. Got some good balls in and is seriously rapid. Was a lot better than Monreal who didn't really get any decent crosses in despite getting in some good position.

I agree with that. Bit of a strange substitution that one.

Up to that Benny was getting a bit exposed, 2 on 1 on occasion as Siggy was tucking in.

Watched the game again. Not enough is said about Dembele performance on Wheelchair. Outstanding from Mousa!

Getting ready for the game yesterday morning. Was going for this seasons white 1st team shirt. Opted for the lucky 1995 Retro away shirt, lucky socks, luck jeans, lucky trainers, lucky boxers.

Not that I'm superstitous...but, managed to get to 3 NLD at home.... Pd 3 Won 3 all 2-1.

Last edited:
I'm taking full credit for the win, lost faith yesterday lunchtime so decided not to watch it, took my kid to the park instead.

Got home and saw the score just after half time, turned it on just in time to see them score so promptly turned it off again. No doubt that had I kept watching it would have been 2-5 again.

Getting ready for the game yesterday morning. Was going for this seasons white 1st team shirt. Opted for the lucky 1995 Retro away shirt, lucky socks, luck jeans, lucky trainers, lucky boxers.

Not that I'm superstitous...but, managed to get to 3 NLD at home.... Pd 3 Won 3 all 2-1.

Just don't wash any of them.
Pack them away, and use for the next big "must win" game
COYS

Back