• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Wigan Athletic OMT ***

Can we add "Hotspur" to the list of posters banned from making OMTs? We need to bring out the big guns for the next two.

Is anyone surprised when you've got a bloke in charge who sacks any manager who is successful, replaces them with people who have no/torrid experiences in English football, sells your best players and replaces them with mid-table junk? Why does he deserve so many chances to screw this club over?

Wow.
Where have you been all season?
Your user name says it all...

4-4-2 at home -- (unless they play three man midfield then 4-5-1/4-3-3) but NOT 4-2-3-1 - it lets the away team get into the game while we retain posession to little effect.

4-2-3-1 away from home.

If we keep playing 4-2-3-1 at home with the same squad, we will get the same results. It's not rocket science.

AVB will lose the dressing room if he carries on with this 4-2-3-1 malarky -unles he buys the kind of world class players (especially forwards) he had at Porto,and I can't see that happening.

Made a profit on VDV, if you are skint then you need to make money.

The sacking him debate has been and gone.

I take your point but if you use that logic we could have replaced Modric with Carroll and made money. And i view that as a similar gulf of class as to that of VdV and Dempsey. And yet we had the money to blow 12 big ones on a 4th goalkeeper. Those decisions in black & white are bordering on idiotic.

Is anyone surprised when you've got a bloke in charge who sacks any manager who is successful, replaces them with people who have no/torrid experiences in English football, sells your best players and replaces them with mid-table junk? Why does he deserve so many chances to screw this club over?

Right. The fantastic new training facility is actually just a massive landed yacht that Levy can pilot off when he sells up. The massive preparation work around the Lane is just to build his new 13-story Palace of Mammon, and the fact that we haven't collapsed into insolvency and suffered a succession of seedy owners is just a smoke-screen.

Sigh.

How can we be losing to teams like this at home? May have been a good performance from Wigan but top 4 teams very rarely lose at home and to lose 2 in a row and 1 to Wigan is shocking. We seemed to have gone 5 steps back since the departure of Arry.

Unless we buy and buy big and get AVB the players he wants i can't see us finishing in the top 6 tbh.

Last edited:
for the record im reporting you

if you do nto agree with my remarks then that is normal on a forum but to suggest im a **** is apparently not allowed on this board

for the record when i see poor quality be it at a restuarant or at a football stadium then i let people know. Dempsey has been awful i will not be breaking any rules when i boo him on thursday. But you broke a rule in your post there so if the admin are feeling fair this month they will punish you.

If you dislike my posting style i suggest you ignore my posts, im not exacttly a regular on here anymore so it should not be to hard.

I have to say this is a very fair point on Chich's part Grimsby (I know he's got a different name now, but Chich will always be Chich to me!)...we all get heated and clippy with each other during these, errr, less than stunning days, but there's no need for that mate.

We are all Spurs in the end. King and I bicker like a couple of old women quite often, but when it's all said and done I love the man's passion and respect his love and support of our club. We're of the same sort of cloth, like most people here I think.

Let's keep the personal comment out of it future please...

I take your point but if you use that logic we could have replaced Modric with Carroll and made money. And i view that as a similar gulf of class as to that of VdV and Dempsey. And yet we had the money to blow 12 big ones on a 4th goalkeeper. Those decisions in black & white are bordering on idiotic.

No, because football transfers aren't really based in logic. The decisions also aren't black and white.

How can we be losing to teams like this at home? May have been a good performance from Wigan but top 4 teams very rarely lose at home and to lose 2 in a row and 1 to Wigan is shocking. We seemed to have gone 5 steps since the departure of Arry.

Unless we buy and buy big and get AVB the players he wants i can't see us finishing in the top 6 tbh.

Not really.. We struggled to break the smaller teams down at home when Harry was here as well.

because we don't have a world class forward

i hear we are buying Llorente in Jan but AVB plans to keep him on the bench because he missed pre season and needs time to settle into the team

I would rather have Graham in charge than this guy, even now.
Using my username as a counter-argument is pretty weak, isn't it?

I'm not even going to get into an argument with you. There is no point. Plus I have stuff to do mate...there is zero chance we will see things the same way, thus it's best to move on. Especially if you would actually really rather have George Graham in charge of this football club than AVB. There aren't many times when I will be irrational, but I will tell you that when that total clown shoe was in charge of MY club, a small part of me was dead every game, every time I went. Yes it was nice to win the CC, yes it was nice to beat the filth, but I hated him. Hated everything he stood for (the filth) and could not believe he had the depth to take a job with us. My respect for the Donkey went soaring when G***** tried to get him onboard as a coach, and The Donkey said he simply could not work at our club. At least he got it. Imagine if Ledley King went to the filth as a coach? Or Glennda had gone there as a manager?

Anyway, enough of that, probably wasted a paragraph where I could've been explaining myself LOL!!!!
You can blame them if you want, but to me, there's far more than meets the eye...although today, what met my eye was foul and unpleasant smelling. But one swallow doesn't make a summer, and one raven doesn't wreck a winter (???)...we'll be fine once we get a fit squad again...

Lloris will be our keeper for years. Friedel is 41. It's called planning.
VdV was a lot more complicated than it looks.
If you want to coat the chairman on anything (and I think it's been his ONLY poor decision for a long long time) it was in NOT giving AVB the ONE player he pined for on signing; Joao Moutinho.

I'm not even going to get into an argument with you. There is no point. Plus I have stuff to do mate...there is zero chance we will see things the same way, thus it's best to move on. Especially if you would actually really rather have George Graham in charge of this football club than AVB. There aren't many times when I will be irrational, but I will tell you that when that total clown shoe was in charge of MY club, a small part of me was dead every game, every time I went. Yes it was nice to win the CC, yes it was nice to beat the filth, but I hated him. Hated everything he stood for (the filth) and could not believe he had the depth to take a job with us. My respect for the Donkey went soaring when G***** tried to get him onboard as a coach, and The Donkey said he simply could not work at our club. At least he got it. Imagine if Ledley King went to the filth as a coach? Or Glennda had gone there as a manager?

Anyway, enough of that, probably wasted a paragraph where I could've been explaining myself LOL!!!!
You can blame them if you want, but to me, there's far more than meets the eye...although today, what met my eye was foul and unpleasant smelling. But one swallow doesn't make a summer, and one raven doesn't wreck a winter (???)...we'll be fine once we get a fit squad again...

Ok, fair enough. I'm worried AVB appears to be making the same mistakes every week. I wish i shared your confidence, mayb e (hopefully) you shall prove me foolish and rash.

Ok, fair enough. I'm worried AVB appears to be making the same mistakes every week. I wish i shared your confidence, mayb e (hopefully) you shall prove me foolish and rash.

Or perhaps I'll be proven a fool!!!!!!
For a variety of reasons I sincerely hope to be right...probably for both of us!
;)

I will admit, on night's like tonight it's hard to be confident, but I have to step back and take a longer term view...I believe...

Arsenal lose
Chelski dropp 2 late points
Everton drop two late points
but still we cannot capitalise.

It does seem very much like AVB at Chelsea after their QPR game doesn't it?

Steff, others cn you tell me why it is any different (apart from the Chelski dressing room issues etc)?

Arsenal lose
Chelski dropp 2 late points
Everton drop two late points
but still we cannot capitalise.

It does seem very much like AVB at Chelsea after their QPR game doesn't it?

Steff, others cn you tell me why it is any different (apart from the Chelski dressing room issues etc)?

Injuries and no Moutinho. We shall see. Maybe you'll be right and he's a bust. I don't think so. I hope I'm right for all of us as Spurs supporters. Not the only manager to lost a home game to Wigan for us in the last few years BTW...

Back