• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Wigan Athletic OMT ***

[video=youtube;LfduUFF_i1A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfduUFF_i1A[/video]

Joking aside, worst team performance I can remember in years.

It wasn't a shocking performance. No individual player played badly IMO. AVB picked the wrong players and wrong system. It can't be 4-5-1 every single game. We lacked creativity. Only in the last 10 minutes did he surrender to that fact and try Carroll who did very well.

I must have been watching a different game!

Completely outplayed and out fought by Wigan today. Not the first time either.
West Brom, Norwich, QPR, Chelsea. Our home form is horrendous. Freund has brought the good old days back with him

Just got back from the Lane.

One word....shocking.

Havent read through the OMT, yet. I bet it doesnt make good reading. I can honestly say at no time today did I think we were going to win that game.
At least when they beat us 2 seasons ago we created plenty of chances. Today, I think I would rate that as one of the most lacklustre Spurs home performances I have seen.

The only positives I can gain from today are
1/ It wasnt 4-0, because really it could have been 3-0 at HT, and
2/ It's another week nearer the transfer window, because we really need some 'better' new blood

Plus, Dont even get me started on Defoe being the one getting substituted

Going to fun going into work (in Wigan) on Monday morning!

You know what? Today was a huge reality check.
We dont have Ledley anymore.
We don't have Luka Modric who absolutely ran each game for us.
We don't have the determination and skill of Rafa.
Today we didn't have the beast Kaboul.
We didn't have one of he best left back's in the league, Ekotto.
We didn't have one of our most consistent performers in Parker.
We don't even have Niko or Pienaar.
Hell we barely have Adebyor!

Friedel
Walker Kaboul King Ekotto
Parker Modric
Lennon VdV Bale
Adebayor

We literally have 4 players who were nailed on starters last year when we were flying. We are no where near the same team that were devastating at times last year. It's weird but I finally realise that today

A lot of guys unfit but as RVP proved today and for about a year or so..if you can score goals all the other stuff don't matter. JD was not dangerous today.

A lot of guys unfit but as RVP proved today and for about a year or so..if you can score goals all the other stuff don't matter. JD was not dangerous today.

JD didn't, as far as I can recall, ever get the ball in a position where he could be dangerous. RvP had a number of chances today, and took his first.

Just got back from the Lane.

One word....shocking.

Havent read through the OMT, yet. I bet it doesnt make good reading. I can honestly say at no time today did I think we were going to win that game.
At least when they beat us 2 seasons ago we created plenty of chances. Today, I think I would rate that as one of the most lacklustre Spurs home performances I have seen.

The only positives I can gain from today are
1/ It wasnt 4-0, because really it could have been 3-0 at HT, and
2/ It's another week nearer the transfer window, because we really need some 'better' new blood

Plus, Dont even get me started on Defoe being the one getting substituted

Going to fun going into work (in Wigan) on Monday morning!

Was talking to some fans who have been going for years and years and they had never seen anything like it.

Some positives for me from this were

1) Sandro injury - you ask why, because more than likely AVB will be forced to play youth in the EL instead of risking and pushing our first teamers for that competition.
2) Tom Carroll - good to see him get game time, even tho Falque should've come in instead he showed some composed passing and had a superb tackle towards the end of the game. We should see him get EL and FA Cup game starts.
3) Sigurdsson as a CM - Not a great performance but there were flashes of what he can do in that position. Actually showed great energy, not great in the tackle but does hussle and harass opposition players. Would much rather him than Hudd next to sandro for the next match.

Ekotto is back against Emirates Marketing Project right? if he is i'd play..

----------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------

Naughton------------Caulker------------Gallas---------------------Ekotto

------------------------------Vertonghen----------------------------------

--------------------Sigurddson--------Huddlestone-----------------------

---Lennon----------------------------------------------------------Bale--

------------------------------Adebayor-----------------------------------

if Ekotto isn't fit then either play naught on at LB and Walker at RB OR

---------------------------------------Llors-------------------------------------

Naughton--------------Caulker---------------Gallas---------------vertonghen

lennon----------------Huddlestone-----------Sig-----------------------Bale

--------------------------------------Ade--------------------------------------

-------------------------------------Defoe-------------------------------------

Bang on with Verts if Sandro is injured, he HAS to play in midfield as he would (by default) be one of our more creative, cultured players!!!!!! I think Naughton has to play anyway, even at LB if need be...

This is it exactly, just try and keep possesion and pray that Bale can pull it off, our master technician is begining to disapoint, we get the ball in the middle of the park and instantly look to play it wide, the easy option, Dembele was trying to play through the middle, he is a big loss.

We would've had similar issues last year without Modric. He was a vital vital player for us. It bewildered me when people couldn't see it...

Some positives for me from this were

1) Sandro injury - you ask why, because more than likely AVB will be forced to play youth in the EL instead of risking and pushing our first teamers for that competition.
2) Tom Carroll - good to see him get game time, even tho Falque should've come in instead he showed some composed passing and had a superb tackle towards the end of the game. We should see him get EL and FA Cup game starts.
3) Sigurdsson as a CM - Not a great performance but there were flashes of what he can do in that position. Actually showed great energy, not great in the tackle but does hussle and harass opposition players. Would much rather him than Hudd next to sandro for the next match.

fudge me I've read some brick on here but this...
Yeaaa Sandro is injured and probably out of our next few games against Emirates Marketing Project and arse away - magnificent
Sigi - he's a revelation, where's he been all season? Oh yea!

Carroll I agree on but please...

Typical Spurs ! This is why you should never put too much hope on Spurs ! Spurs will always be Spurs. Whenever you put high expectations on them, they will always let you down. Never thought we will lose at home to Wigan but we did. But I think we are very unlucky with injury problems now as well. As soon as Sandro went off injured, you knew we will lose this match. We simply lost our way after that. You just can't afford to lose 3 top midfielders like Dembele, Parker and Sandro at the same time. As much as they tried, Hudd and Sigurdsson simply lack the same quality to do anything.

Without Dembele and Sandro, we lacked the creativity and the ball-winner from midfield. We got easily over run by Wigan's midfield. It was hardly surprising they looked like scoring everytime they attacked while our attack looked toothless. Our attack looked totally at loss without the creativity from midfield. We needed an inspiration from somewhere to get something but players like Lennon and Bale were very poor for their standards. Maybe Bale was tired after playing midweek in League Cup. There was nothing Defoe or Adebayor could have done without good service from midfield.

I don't think AVB could have done anything with the substitutions. I think he was right to replace Defoe with Adebayor as our midfield were very poor without Sandro. If we had put both Defoe and Adebayor together, there was a risk of us getting thrashed by Wigan. Hudd and Sigurdsson are not going to pull midfield together. Our makeshift defence are not capable of keeping out constant attacks. Friedel did well to make a few good saves but he was guilty of causing Wigan's goal. He should have either come out early to claim the cross or punch the ball out instead of straight to the Wigan player. Our defence were very poor for the goal. Really annoyed there was no one to cover the post during the corner. That's what you get when you play a past-his best defender Gallas and inexperienced Caulker in centre defence. We need Kaboul and Vertonghen start in defence as soon as possible.

This defeat was really annoying. But you have to blame it more on our injury problems rather than AVB or players. Our injury problems seems to have come too soon this season. We are already missing 5 first team players which are too many after just 10 matches. Until we get back Kaboul, BAE, Parker, Dembele and Sandro, we are going to struggle badly. I think you have to blame it on Levy for not buying more quality players.

Last edited:
Could tell after the first fifteen minutes that we would struggle, due to our slow tempo. What tinkles me off isn't just the fact that the results arent all that they could be. It's the labourious, ugly football we are playing. Very cautious through midfield and just... boring to watch.

Could tell after the first fifteen minutes that we would struggle, due to our slow tempo. What tinkles me off isn't just the fact that the results arent all that they could be. It's the labourious, ugly football we are playing. Very cautious through midfield and just... boring to watch.

Good post.

Defeats you have to accept. Even United have lost at home to the Blackburns of this world, it wasnt the actual defeat that hurt (although that was gut-wrenching enough) is was the manner, the apparant lack of desire from the majority of the players

Back