• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Wigan Athletic OMT ***

How can we be losing to teams like this at home? May have been a good performance from Wigan but top 4 teams very rarely lose at home and to lose 2 in a row and 1 to Wigan is shocking. We seemed to have gone 5 steps back since the departure of Arry.

Unless we buy and buy big and get AVB the players he wants i can't see us finishing in the top 6 tbh.

because it's 11 v 11. it's a sport and there are no givens.

first time since 2008.

let's get Kaboul, Dembele and BAE back in the team first. we've made a good start, time to consolidate now.

How can we be losing to teams like this at home? May have been a good performance from Wigan but top 4 teams very rarely lose at home and to lose 2 in a row and 1 to Wigan is shocking. We seemed to have gone 5 steps back since the departure of Arry.

Unless we buy and buy big and get AVB the players he wants i can't see us finishing in the top 6 tbh.

2 years ago under Redknapp we lost to Wigan at home 0-1 as well.

Ekotto is back against Emirates Marketing Project right? if he is i'd play..

----------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------

Naughton------------Caulker------------Gallas---------------------Ekotto

------------------------------Vertonghen----------------------------------

--------------------Sigurddson--------Huddlestone-----------------------

---Lennon----------------------------------------------------------Bale--

------------------------------Adebayor-----------------------------------

if Ekotto isn't fit then either play naught on at LB and Walker at RB OR

---------------------------------------Llors-------------------------------------

Naughton--------------Caulker---------------Gallas---------------vertonghen

lennon----------------Huddlestone-----------Sig-----------------------Bale

--------------------------------------Ade--------------------------------------

-------------------------------------Defoe-------------------------------------

We can blame AVB for the formation and lineup but the performance was flat and that's down to the players they have to put effort in and work, big time charlie attitude they thought we would turn up today and get 3pts. Shocking performance just shocking

It wasn't a shocking performance. No individual player played badly IMO. AVB picked the wrong players and wrong system. It can't be 4-5-1 every single game. We lacked creativity. Only in the last 10 minutes did he surrender to that fact and try Carroll who did very well.

for the record im reporting you

if you do nto agree with my remarks then that is normal on a forum but to suggest im a **** is apparently not allowed on this board

for the record when i see poor quality be it at a restuarant or at a football stadium then i let people know. Dempsey has been awful i will not be breaking any rules when i boo him on thursday. But you broke a rule in your post there so if the admin are feeling fair this month they will punish you.

If you dislike my posting style i suggest you ignore my posts, im not exacttly a regular on here anymore so it should not be to hard.

A so when you called me it a few days ago and I laughed it off I shouldn't have done that? Okay, I guess I'll have to stoop as low as you (not in intelligence thankfully) and do the same thing. And I'd imagine you've loads already!

To be fair, they did beat arsenal and liverpool away last spring and man utd. at home. Not the best of teams, but ridiculously organized and hard to break down at times. Not excusing our lackluster performance, but we have to credit to Wigan as well. Played a really good game.

I have to say this is a very fair point on Chich's part Grimsby (I know he's got a different name now, but Chich will always be Chich to me!)...we all get heated and clippy with each other during these, errr, less than stunning days, but there's no need for that mate.

We are all Spurs in the end. King and I bicker like a couple of old women quite often, but when it's all said and done I love the man's passion and respect his love and support of our club. We're of the same sort of cloth, like most people here I think.

Let's keep the personal comment out of it future please...

Like I said to him, he's called me too but I laughed it off. I don't care, like you say a bit of passion.

I stand by what I said though :) Sme people's passion I hate being associated with spurs

To think We had players like Modric and VdV.. Flair, creativity, drive and passion. Now it seems like we're waiting for Bale or Azza to do some magic and create a goal. No entertainmaint, just plain boring stuff in the majority of games so far. Disappointing

To think We had players like Modric and VdV.. Flair, creativity, drive and passion. Now it seems like we're waiting for Bale or Azza to do some magic and create a goal. No entertainmaint, just plain boring stuff in the majority of games so far. Disappointing

We need a better scouting system, we have a major lack of flair players. This isn't AVBs fault, players like Mods and VDV are ridiculously hard to replace.

This is it exactly, just try and keep possesion and pray that Bale can pull it off, our master technician is begining to disapoint, we get the ball in the middle of the park and instantly look to play it wide, the easy option, Dembele was trying to play through the middle, he is a big loss.

It is not just the defeat (painful as that is to take) but it is the manner of the defeat that is so disappointing. There is no doubt that Wigan (yes little Wigan) were the better side in all respects today. Brad kept us in the game with two wonder saves in the first half or we would have been dead and buried by halftime. Today we created nothing at all. Persisting with one striker at home just isnt working - and whats more it is totally boring.

I have not been entertained at the Lane once this season. Worse, I can see no improvement in key areas:

Corners - no chances created cos we dont attack the ball
Freekicks - bets on where they will finish (into wall, over bar, into Row z)
Lack of Midfield Creativity
Forward Running off the ball - statues
Slow tempo build up - often ending in goalie punts
Exitement - zero
Tactics - negative
Set up - poor - two DMs at home to ffing Wigan, Norwich, QPR
Ridiculous Subs - Defoe off - why?
Crowd - bored to hell.

If AVB continues in this vain (and I cannot see any improvement at the moment) then I wont be wanting to go to WHL much in future.

He is boring the hell out of my enjoyment of the beatiful game. He did the same at Chelsea and I really hoped he had learned from his experiences. Obviously not.

Back