• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs west sham united************

What's the story with Capoue?? Going by pre season form, I'd rather see him starting alongside Holtby or Bentaleb.

What's the story with Capoue?? Going by pre season form, I'd rather see him starting alongside Holtby or Bentaleb.

This is what I want to know, most are including him in the team which is justified but he was absent Saturday - is he definitely going to be fit for this game?

This is what I want to know, most are including him in the team which is justified but he was absent Saturday - is he definitely going to be fit for this game?

Depends, is he actually injured or was it just a precaution?

I think he was injured. He was in one the pictures training, but his leg looked heavily strapped. I think he may play.

I think we'll see...

-------------------Lloris--------------------

Naughton----Kaboul-----Dier--------Rose

--------------Capoue----Holtby-----------

-----Eriksen------Lamela-------Lennon--

------------------Adebayor----------------

Subs:
Vorm, Vertonghen, Davies, Bentaleb, Townsend, Soldado, Kane, Sandro

Paulinho, Dembele, Chadli to come back later.

Personally I would start Sandro and Capoue in CM. Lennon off the right and Eriksen left. Lamela given licence to roam and get up top with Ade. Think we'd smash them. I was impressed with Dier and he looks like he can potentially hit the ground running. Rose has been very good in preseason.

Not exactly an ideal pre-season for Poch then. Choosing and getting the midfield to work is the key and no easy task. Sherwood didn't manage to solve the conundrum.

Not exactly an ideal pre-season for Poch then. Choosing and getting the midfield to work is the key and no easy task. Sherwood didn't manage to solve the conundrum.

I hope he will prove that his philosophy will trump just throwing together talented players. I love that he will not just rush back the world cup players. If they are not fit enough, they don't play. he has made it no secret that you need to be fit to play his style of football. There has been a lot of emphasis on the team ethic as opposed to individuals. I remember Jol once said something along the lines of needing his big players (Berba, Keane, Lennon) to win us the game. I like the idea of the team sharing this burden. I know it should be a given but he uses the right language when talking about it. (In a football sense)

Agreed. It takes the burden off players like Lamela and Soldado too. The myriad of players for CM, none of whom have distinguished themselves as clear 'must start' candidates above the others, is a potential banana skin. Hopefully Poch doesn't end up going round in circles with his selection, and Levy can shift at least one, if not more of the central midfielders.

How unfit can the World Cup players be now ? I think we'll see all of them back for west ham if not injured.

How unfit can the World Cup players be now ? I think we'll see all of them back for west ham if not injured.

Agreed, I think Verts would be the only one potentially starting though the likes of Chadli,Dembele and Paulinho on bench at best...

Not sure where Pauli would fit in a Poch set up - not good enough to play as part of the central 2 i don't think after last season's showing and the world cup - may be behind the striker as an ACM?

-------------------Lloris--------------------

Naughton----Kaboul-----Dier--------Rose

------------Capoue----Bentaleb-----------

-----Lamela------Lennon--------Eriksen-

------------------Adebayor----------------

I don't think we should fight fire with fire

If we play skilful players we will control the game completely

West Ham will be desperate for a point

We should go out to show them who is boss; really dominate with skill and movement rather than having a big fight

This 100% can't believe the amount of respect some are giving this shower of sh*te. yes they beat us 3 times last year which is embarassing but looking back to previous years we need to dictate the play and let our football and class do the talking

--------------Lloris----------------

Naughton----Verts----Kaboul----Rose

-----------Capoue----Bentaleb---------

Lamela----------Holtby----------Eriksen

---------------Adebayor------------

1-3 YIDS

Holtby, Ade, Eriksen

Nolan for them after a few rugby tackles on a corner that he nudges in with his crank

Last edited:
A very difficult one to call in a less than ideal opening fixture ( the tricky away game opener seems to be becoming something of a running theme in recent seasons). I'm going (hoping?) for a narrow 0-1 and a winning start to our campaign.

BTW - Spammers still advertising tickets for sale for this game - only 600 left mind. Cant wait to see a half empty (at best) Olympic Stadium when they take on the likes of Stoke and Sunderland.

Capoue, Chiriches and Kaboul all training today (based on pictures on official site); all the Belgians and Pauli also training for what its worth.

My team: Hugo, Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies, Capoue, Holtby, Eriksen, Lamela, Lennon, Adebayor. SUBS: Vorm, Rose, Dier, Sandro, Townsend, Kane, Soldado.

BTW - Spammers still advertising tickets for sale for this game - only 600 left mind. Cant wait to see a half empty (at best) Olympic Stadium when they take on the likes of Stoke and Sunderland.

Capoue, Chiriches and Kaboul all training today (based on pictures on official site); all the Belgians and Pauli also training for what its worth.

My team: Hugo, Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies, Capoue, Holtby, Eriksen, Lamela, Lennon, Adebayor. SUBS: Vorm, Rose, Dier, Sandro, Townsend, Kane, Soldado.

They are the £70 tickets left...

Brady in the Standard today talking about their packed 60k new stadium hahahahahahaha yeh ok

Hugo, Naughton, Kaboul, Verts, Rose, Pauli, Holtby, Erikson, Lamela Townsend, Ade

Dont think we need Capoue sitting infront of the back 4 agaisnt this lot, they will just be pumping balls into the box so its mostly about the back 4, would rather have Paulinho breaking into the box trying to get on the end of something.
Lets **** em up.

Back