• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs west sham united************

I think Holtby will get a start. In Rossi's formation above, either for Lennon or more likely for Bentaleb. Mind you against wetspam, it might be better to play Sandro or Dembele in the middle with Capoue and Holtby for Lennnon. I think that would be my preference in this particular game.

I agree with you about Holtby. Dembele is injured

They are missing their two main strikers meaning Carlton Cole will probably start (Zarate maybe but doubt Fat Sam will do that). They haven't improved much at all tbh...we need to be beating them.

Remember last season they came to the Lane and beat us without a striker

I dreamt, a week or so ago, that we lost this fixture 2-1. I dreamt that I forgot about the match, only remembering later on in the day, checking the scores, and seeing the result.

I very much doubt that I'd forget the match though!! First game of the season...been waiting this long, so I won't forget.

Do we have any pre-season friendlies before this game?

------------------Lloris------------------

------Dier----Kaboul----Vertonghen--

-----------------Sandro---------------

--Lennon--------Holtby----------Eriksen

-----------------Lamela------------------

-----------Soldado-----Adebayor-------

Nailed on starting XI

Fat Sam wondering what hit him

Nailed on starting XI

See... if we'd gone with Hoddle instead of Sherwood as interim manager last season we might have seen something like that (obviously with slightly different personnel). Not saying we'd have ended up with more points, but I guarantee we'd all have enjoyed last season a lot more :)

if we are going to go all hypothetical then, i've just re-started my fm12 game using a 352 formation with wingbacks and with some canny transfers (and loans) I am top of the league after 15 games.

enough of the fantasy crap, I think we could play 352:
lloris
verts, dier, kaboom
Davies / Rose LWB; Walker/Naughts/Lennon RWB
holtby/(Dembele); capoue/(Sandro); erriksen/(Bentalebi) across the centre
Ade (Kane) ; Soldado/(lamela) up top

i reckon that is not a bad side if only the boys knew how to play that formation!

I'd like to see this team:

--------------------Lloris---------------------

--Naughton----Dier----Vertonghen----Davies--

--------------Capoue----Bentaleb-------------

--------Eriksen------Kane-------Lamela-------

------------------Adebayor-------------------

Bit risky playing Dier but he was very impressive on Saturday.

if nothing else we desperately need capoue fit - he seems to be the one in the squad at the moment that makes Poch's team style work in pre-season, and with Sneiderlin still a pipe dream at yet if he gets injured we could struggle.

the Spammers are srtuggling for bodies up front, but you can be sure that they will raise their game for thier first cup final of the season - on the plus side our lot (which ever poch puts out) will also be up for it, if nothing else to stake a claim for a starting birth.

I think this first team will also have an eye on the Europa league game against the cypriots. Will be interestesting to see if Poch plays some of the world cup returnees in that one as I dont think it will be as hard work as a game against the spammers of qpr for that matter.

so if davies doesn't play on saturday, then expect him to line up on Thursday. If Dier doesnt start against the Spammers, expect him to start against AEL. Kane and bobby will probably start aganst AEL, as would bentaleb and likely lamela and townsend. Expect velkovjic and mason to get some playing time in the Europa, and posibly carroll? and Ceballos?

COYS

See... if we'd gone with Hoddle instead of Sherwood as interim manager last season we might have seen something like that (obviously with slightly different personnel). Not saying we'd have ended up with more points, but I guarantee we'd all have enjoyed last season a lot more :)
I would have loved that too. In saying that it could have gone tits up for Glenn but the romantic in me thinks we would have been brilliant to watch.

352 is looking like the "in" formation these days. LVG seems to have propelled it into the limelight

If Ben Davies was signed because Poch/Baldini/the scouts/Pleat thinks he's better than Rose I would rather see him integrated sooner than later.

I'm not so sure they thought that. Davies was prolly a good signing either way...but that doesn't mean he would be starter. Its plausible to me they bought him with the view that A) They didn't know how well Rose would progress under Poch, and B) They needed cover/insurance at LB anyway. I certainly think when they bought Davies they factored in that he might not beat out Rose, if Rose develops well. They gave Rose 5 year deal too, so at the very least it indicates open competition. Also think Davies is no shoe-in anyway. Its a step up for him with new team/coach/system. He has much to show and will need to develop his game and improve.

Nailed on starting XI

You do know we we have not been practising with a back 3 right?

Back