• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs west sham united************

You do know we we have not been practising with a back 3 right?

Which is why fat Sam will never see it coming!

Anyway, we really need to do this lot. Three losses to them in a season is unacceptable.

Lloris, naughton, Kaboul, dier, rose, holtby, Sandro, lamela, Eriksen, Townsend, adebayor.

That should do it.

I have a feeling Davies might be better in the air defensively than Rose. If that's the case, then that would tip it for me to play him. We know what West ham will do, lup it forward itnto our box as much as possible. Stand by for the keper/defender launching plenty from their own half from free kicks whatever.

It's a real shame that Dawson is injured as I think he would have started this game. I so hope Kaboul is fit enough to play and last 90 mins. We may need Dier to play. Hugo is going to have to have a blinder in coming for crosses (at the right time of course).

ATM I'd take a draw, but will await teamsheets for a final prediction.

Lloris
Kaboul - Dier - Vertonghen
Lennon - Sandro - Bentaleb - Rose
Eriksen
Lamela - Adebayor​

0-1

But he has played well in pre season, and based on pre season he has done enough to start on Saturday.

Pre season is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things, it's largely a tool to get everyone in shape. Didn't we beat Roma 5-0 in pre season just weeks before we got two points from 8 games?

A bit surprised at the negativity on this thread, but I get it considering **** sandwich that we were served up last year. To me, West Ham is no great shakes, and I think we should go out looking to get a result though it will be a tough match. I see either a score draw or us to nick it 1-2.

I see a lot of people picking Holtby as one of the "2," in next to Capoue. For me, he's not really suited to play there, and I'd like to see him moved a little bit further up. We will need to be quite solid in the midfield, and I think that playing Holtby further up gives us great pressing energy, plus another play you can tuck back into the midfield to help win the ball back.

I also think without Walker's pace down the wing, he may pick a more attack-minded fullback to go with Naughton, which could see Danny Rose getting the start. I'd still play Davies, but I think he could line-up like this.

----------------Lloris (C)------------
Naughton--Kaboul--Vertonghen--Rose
----Bentaleb--------Capoue-------
Lamela----Eriksen-----Holtby
----------Adebayor--------------

I really like the look of that team, but I am still a little uncomfortable about the central defensive partnership. Really think that the Mussachio deal needs to go through, because I really don't want to be relying on Kaboul or Dawson as a first-choice CB. We need a first-choice partner for Vertonghen, with one experienced player (Kaboul or Dawson) and a promising one (Dier). Think that may leave Vlad out in the cold, but I really hope we don't sell him. I'd rather sell both Kaboul and Dawson than let VC go. Maybe he could be the long-term partner for JV?

I don't think we should fight fire with fire

If we play skilful players we will control the game completely

West Ham will be desperate for a point

We should go out to show them who is boss; really dominate with skill and movement rather than having a big fight

The optimist in me says out class will be the deciding factor. They had their luck catching us at a bad time last year. Dont even consider this lot anything close to rivals or arch enemies. Delusions of grandeur.

I get that a Sandro - Capoue combination would give us a lot of height and power against West Ham, but I think it leaves us short on passing ability and creativity and is a bit too reactive considering who we're up against.

I would go for Capoue or Sandro alongside Bentaleb. Would still give us height (more than Holtby), although not quite as much power, but add a lot of passing ability and skill to our midfield. I don't think Dembele is ready and with Capoue playing more than Sandro in pre-season and Sandro still working his way back to full fitness I would probably say Capoue alongside Bentaleb.

Edit: Also, if Schneiderlin is the player we want in I think Bentaleb is the player in our squad currently that's closest to him in playing style.

Capoue and Bentaleb on paper offer a lot of passing skill. Capoue was refiling vertical passes in the preseason games. But I'm not sure the two of them work together. Bentaleb is still raw, and probably needs a Prem loan for a season to get regular week in week out football.

Sandro just offers that voodoo magic. He'll disrupt play, carve the ball out and then can play it simply or drive forward. He's a more accomplished player if fully fit. However, my preference is Dembele. If Poch can bolster his confidence and get him psyched then we'll have defensive strength with a player who can scare defences when running forward.

I cant wait for the game. We would have been better off at home for Poch's first competitive game. This is a banana skin and we've slipped up recently. But that is where Pochettino will show his class. Where we slipped up last year, we'll tighten up, and we have the quality to score two goals. Provided we keep it tight at the back, we'll win.

COYS

Last edited:
----Hotlby--------Capoue-------
Lamela----Lennon-----Eriksen

Subs - Soldado/Townsend/Davies as options

Think Vert is a senior enough player who has been probably in squad training for at least two weeks to slot in
Poch has shown he wants one of Lennon/Townsend on the field making runs.
Eriksen/Lamela/Lloris are probably our untouchables

The variances should be Soldado or Ade, Lennon or Townsend, Rose or Davies, Capoue/Sandro or Bentaleb

And to the negativity on this thread, we need to roll over West Ham, who gives a **** if we are match fit or fully integrated, they are starting the season as well.

----Hotlby--------Capoue-------
Lamela----Lennon-----Eriksen

I like the look of that, Walker at RB if he is fit.

-------------------lloris
naughton---kaboul---vert---rose
------------capoue---bentaleb
----lamela---eriksen----lennon
-----------------ade

Assuming Walker injured:

…………………………….Lloris
…Naugton………Vertong…Kaboul……..Rose
………………………Capoue…Bentaleb
……Lamela…………..Holtby…………Eriksen
…………………………..Adebeyor

I shudder at the thought of Naughton and Rose again this season - neither is top 4 quality, but Walker's in experience and Rose's (relatively) decent display on Saturday makes me think Poch will start with them. LB then becomes Rose's to lose.

I think that against West Ham we need two players in the DM pairing who can get stuck in, but that the Capoue/Sandro combo is probably lacking in creativity. Hence I've gone Capoue and Bentaleb. I'm not Holtby's biggest fan but he's played well in pre-season and therefore Poch will I think start him - if that's right, he has to start between Eriksen and Lamela. They are unquestionably our two most dangerous players on paper. Play them from the start and lets see what they can do.

West Ham will play hard. They always do. I suspect our new system will take weeks to start reaping rewards and therefore I'd take a point. COYS.

No debutants. I'd Stick Lamela and Soldado into the fray and plenty of aggression from rose Sandroooo and capture.

Good luck poch and coys.

Score draw.

Back