• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United OMT ***

I am a Son fan and appreciated his contribution in real time. Some of the things he tried didn't quite come off - not surprising really considering his injury lay off - but he is a real gem. Don't forget our real upturn in performances started with his introduction into the side. He seems to be able to lift all those round him.

Don't get me wrong here, I think that he is a terrific player and certainly will become even more important to us as the season goes on.

They truly are the gift that keeps on giving:

I personally didn't think Spurs looked that great. Granted we were absolutely rubbish but they just looked a tidy unit. Functional even. I'm sure had we had Payet playing it would have been a whole different scenario. Spurs certainly didn't look that much better than Watford.

Those muggy ***** only started singing after the 3rd went in,

I'm still positive. Spurs are a very good side and they have dingdonged on better teams than us this season. However, I really can see us catching up with them. We are moving in the right direction and doing the right things. We have bought some quality over the last couple of years and we have a young team that is still gelling to a new manager. We have quality prospects coming through with Oxford, Samuelsen, Cullen and more and I think we'll add a couple of top drawer players in the summer who fit the manager's mould.

Tottenham were only as good as we allowed them to be. Bilic should have been less effusive in his praise because I hate them with a passion.

did spurs have better quality? no
did spurs have a stronger squad? no
did spurs work hard? yes
did spurs close down our players? yes
did spurs play with a high tempo? yes

The only reason we lost is because Pocchetino got more out of his players than Bilic did of ours.

With the exception of Reid and Payet, i don't think any of our players would get in their strongest eleven. There is not much in it in some cases i.e Rose and Cresswell, but overall they have better quality in all areas, and more depth. Not surprising either given the money they have spent

We were holding our own until the goal. From that point they did tend to bully us a bit which is never nice to see. Carroll works hard but he needs service.

What the spurs loving media forget to mention is that there was a touch of good fortune about the 1st and the 3rd goal but that sounds like sour grapes.

Hmmm, not sure I completely agree that our squad is miles off theirs. For me, Ogbonna, Reid, Cresswell (maybe), Kouyate, Lanzini, Payet and Sakho could all get into their team. Alderweirdname, Lloris, Erickson and Kane would be guaranteed starters if you merged our squads, Payet and Lanzini from ours. They probably just edge a few more positions and the rest are up for grabs. They are a good team, and a couple of years ahead of us, but once our team properly gels I don't think we're miles off of them. Kouyate Song and lanzini in the middle should be matching Dier, Alli and Dembele IMO.

Back