• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Swansea Rovers FC ****** Official Match Thread

King hails Nelsen impact

Spurs skipper delighted with contribution from defensive partner

Last Updated: March 29, 2012 8:43pm

Harry Redknapp's side secured a mouth-watering tie against Chelsea at Wembley on Sunday 15th April after goals from Nelsen, Gareth Bale and substitute Louis Saha beat Bolton on Tuesday.

King, who skippered the side in the 3-1 win over the Trotters, said Nelsen's 74th minute opener helped calm the nerves at White Hart Lane and he praised his team-mate's impact following his arrival from Blackburn.

"He's a great professional and coming straight into the team wouldn't have been easy because he hasn't played too much football this season," King told the club's official website.

Fitted in

"He fitted in straight away, showed his quality and added a lot to the squad.

"He came up with a great header against Bolton and lifted a few nerves around the stadium. From there, we got the second quickly and looked comfortable."

King lifted the League Cup at Wembley in 2008 after beating the Blues and is hoping for another positive result.

"It's great to be going back to such a fantastic stadium and such an occasion against Chelsea," he said.

"We know all about the club's tradition in the FA Cup and it feels good to be going back there for another semi-final."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7635881/King-hails-Nelsen-impact

Sure, Chelsea aren't the team they once ere, but there's still a lot in their side that could really hurt us if we give them space. I'm glad Ledley's looking forward to it, but I'm not so sure he should be starting the game; after all, Gallas did a fine job against them last time around. Ideally, if everyone's fit (unlikely, I know), we should be going for much the same system as the recent league game against 'em, with the exception of Lennon in for VdV if fit, with Modders pushed up in front of the double pivot of Parker and Livermore.

Sure, Chelsea aren't the team they once ere, but there's still a lot in their side that could really hurt us if we give them space. I'm glad Ledley's looking forward to it, but I'm not so sure he should be starting the game; after all, Gallas did a fine job against them last time around. Ideally, if everyone's fit (unlikely, I know), we should be going for much the same system as the recent league game against 'em, with the exception of Lennon in for VdV if fit, with Modders pushed up in front of the double pivot of Parker and Livermore.

I'm not sure about that. VdV has done a great job in the last couple of games starting from a nominal wide right position as part of a front 3. However once we put Lennon there then we actually lose a goal threat. Only Bale and VdV (and to a lesser extent Ade) have goalscoring pedigree. If you have Lennon and Modric as part of the front 4 then you're heavily reliant on the other 2 players for goals.
I'd rather keep VdV in and make the choice between Sandro/Livermore and Lennon depending on how attacking you want to be. In fact I'd probably start with Sandro/Livermore and bring Lennon on when more space opens up. This applies to both Chelsea and Swansea I think.

Really looking forward to this one. Teams who come out and try and play football at White Hart Lane instead of putting 10 men behind the ball usually get beaten. Swansea play open, expansive football and have some good attacking players, it'll be a great game for the neutrals.

If we create as many chances as we have in the last two games then we will win this one comfortably as long as we improve our finishing!

AAAhhhhhh seeing my local side play at the Lane for the first time,a little bit of divided loyalties but always a spur first..........it should be a good game. The thing is its nothing new to me how swansea play, I've seen them play like the way they do for the last five years,even before rodgers came on board,lazy journalism i call it saying they would struggle and how good they pass the ball around,hopefully they had someone down the liberty last week to see how everton controlled the game,basically put pressure on their back four,defend from the front and when we get the ball put the frigging thing in the net. Simples.

We haven't won in five so its about time .........the final lap is about to start.........cmon u spppppuuuuurrrrssssssssssssssssssss........COYS(S)!!!!

I'm not sure about that. VdV has done a great job in the last couple of games starting from a nominal wide right position as part of a front 3. However once we put Lennon there then we actually lose a goal threat. Only Bale and VdV (and to a lesser extent Ade) have goalscoring pedigree. If you have Lennon and Modric as part of the front 4 then you're heavily reliant on the other 2 players for goals.
I'd rather keep VdV in and make the choice between Sandro/Livermore and Lennon depending on how attacking you want to be. In fact I'd probably start with Sandro/Livermore and bring Lennon on when more space opens up. This applies to both Chelsea and Swansea I think.

Hmm. Good points, well made. I do think you underrate Lennon as a goalscoring threat, but other than that your arguments stand up. However, I would like to point out that the priority in a Cup semi-final against your London rivals is not to lose. Ergo, perhaps Lennon in for VdV is good, as it allows us a great deal of defensive organization if nothing else. Then, when the game stretches out, perhaps VdV and Defoe can be brought on. VdV to take advantage of the gaps that will open up as Chelsea tire, and Defoe to take advantage of VdV's through balls.

I see you're not committing to a particular side to deliver that drubbing!!!!

O:)..fair enough..i actually think that Swansea will try to play and thus, we shall have the time & space to hurt them. After our wretched form in the last month or so, we will come good and score at least 3 goals.

O:)..fair enough..i actually think that Swansea will try to play and thus, we shall have the time & space to hurt them. After our wretched form in the last month or so, we will come good and score at least 3 goals.

I think this could be a 4-2 or 4-3 game

May have been asked already but I'm lazy and haven't read the thread.

Who is the player that Caulker has been keeping out and is he anywhere near the same quality of player as young Steven?

May have been asked already but I'm lazy and haven't read the thread.

Who is the player that Caulker has been keeping out and is he anywhere near the same quality of player as young Steven?

Garry Monk who will likely play in his place against us.

Think we should be picking the team which worked best for us earlier this season ie midfield of Bale, Modric, Parker and Lennon with VdV and Adebayor up top

I always think that when teams are off-form they're better off sticking to the basics and what they know rather than p1ss about with different formations, players and combinations

I have a feeling that whatshisface their keeper Vorn will have the best game of any keeper of any era in the history of football and mankind. He just looks like that kind of keeper.

VdV looked to have found his range on corners and freekicks. Would like him to continue

I think that pace on both flanks makes us a lot less predictable and more difficult to play against. If Lennon is fit then I would bring him back and play VdV behind Adebayor.

I have a feeling that whatshisface their keeper Vorn will have the best game of any keeper of any era in the history of football and mankind. He just looks like that kind of keeper.

yeah we will have around 103 efforts on goal and score 1 goal

1-1

Back