• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Swansea Rovers FC ****** Official Match Thread

Harry and the players must've been shamed into action by the Q&A plus those stats on SSN the other week as we've been much much better since then =D>

I agree. We've always been poor at set pieces, but the Stoke game was especially brick and was an urgently needed wake up call!

Just got home, some great performances today, thought Walker, BAE were very good, Ade, VDV and Bale were superb..

Bale when he didnt have the ball annoyed me, brick work rate when compared to the others...

Great win and I won a good few quid too

Got to say, I know they never really troubled Brad a lot, but i'd say they were probably one of, if not the best, teams to come to the Lane this season. They played good football throughout, and was impressed that even when we went 2-1 up they didn't change there style at all. Always played out from the back. Was very impressed with them. Makes such a nice change seeing teams play like that then Stoke for example. Massive win for us though. Happy to get the 3 points and move on as that could have been a potential banana skin today. Fingers crossed we get 3 points at the stadium of light on Saturday which will put the scum under pressure Sunday against City and also Chelsea to get something at Craven Cottage Monday!

Swansea nothing to play for, Spurs all to play for.....

3-1 Spurs. Let's see how the Scum respond to some pressure.

COYS!!

What a pleasure these last 3 games have been. Really believe we can reclaim 3rd and win the Cup based on our showing in these games

\o/\o/

And thanks to the chap who posted this earlier!

Just got back from the game, it was a really good game and i thought Swansea were a credit to the game. Spurs were the better side though and deserved the win, we closed Swansea down from the front and apart from the first 15 mins of the second half we never really let them play their game.

Ade worked really hard and deserved his two goals,Bale is really looking like the player he can be and Kaboul made some important blocks, not one of Modrics best game but the ball to Bale for our first goal was top draw. Great to see Lennon back and if we can keep him fit for the run in we have a great chance of getting the 3rd place.

Love watching us when we have bale and Lennon playing. Bale looked so much better hugging the touchline.

Looks like harry watched Everton when they closed them down at the back.

Few nice passes but other than first 20 minutes of 2nd half they didn't really do anything and didn't create any great chances.

This was a much needed win. After going winless in 5 matches, we really had to get back to winning ways. Happy with the performance and result but wish he are more clinical in front of goal and more ruthless in defence. Due to our leaky defence, we always need a third goal to kill off other teams. And this has been proven once again. Not sure if we would have won had we not scored a third goal.

Bale was key to our win as he created most of our chances. It would have been sweet if he had scored a goal himself. It was nice to see our strikers getting back to scoring again. Hope VDV will go on another goal run. Still not convinced of Adebayor but he came up with timely goals. He tends to score double goals and then go without a goal for long. He needs to show more consistency in scoring goals. Adebayor's two goals proves how important it is to make good crosses. Both the goals were created by inch-perfect crosses by VDV from the corner and Lennon.

Our defending has not been really good this season. We should have defended better for the Swansea goal. They also had too many free shots on our goal. we need to improve our defending if we want to get good results in our remaining matches. We simply concece too many goals now.

Hope this win would boost our confidence for the remaining matches.

Redknapp targets five more wins

Spurs boss keeping fingers crossed for third place

Last Updated: April 1, 2012 9:36pm

Spurs ended a run of five Premier League games without success on Sunday when they saw off Swansea 3-1 at White Hart Lane.

Two second-half headers from on-loan striker Emmanuel Adebayor secured their victory and moved Redknapp's side level on points with third-place Arsenal.

After the match, the 65-year-old targeted five more wins from their remaining seven games to earn a Champions League berth next season.

Redknapp said: "I would take five (wins) now. If we get five we will have Champions League football next year I'm sure of that.

"It is hard to call where the results are going to come and who against and that is what makes it interesting.

Target

"We would love to get third - I would love to finish above Arsenal if I can. If we get Champions League football we will all be delighted again.

"That is the key really, that is what we want - Champions League football next year at Tottenham."

Redknapp was full of praise for Swansea counterpart Brendan Rodgers after Sunday's clash and hailed the work he has done in South Wales.

He added: "I can't speak highly enough of the job he has done there.

"In this country if all the youth teams and kids teams tried to play like they play...that is the way to play the game if you want to produce technical footballers."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/20876/7645150/Redknapp-targets-five-more-wins

Redknapp targets five more wins

Spurs boss keeping fingers crossed for third place

Last Updated: April 1, 2012 9:36pm

Spurs ended a run of five Premier League games without success on Sunday when they saw off Swansea 3-1 at White Hart Lane.

Two second-half headers from on-loan striker Emmanuel Adebayor secured their victory and moved Redknapp's side level on points with third-place Arsenal.

After the match, the 65-year-old targeted five more wins from their remaining seven games to earn a Champions League berth next season.

Redknapp said: "I would take five (wins) now. If we get five we will have Champions League football next year I'm sure of that.

"It is hard to call where the results are going to come and who against and that is what makes it interesting.

Target

"We would love to get third - I would love to finish above Arsenal if I can. If we get Champions League football we will all be delighted again.

"That is the key really, that is what we want - Champions League football next year at Tottenham."

Redknapp was full of praise for Swansea counterpart Brendan Rodgers after Sunday's clash and hailed the work he has done in South Wales.

He added: "I can't speak highly enough of the job he has done there.

"In this country if all the youth teams and kids teams tried to play like they play...that is the way to play the game if you want to produce technical footballers."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/20876/7645150/Redknapp-targets-five-more-wins

Amen

Back