• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Swansea City OMT ***

If we have an opportunity of Top 4 I think we have to go all out for it. I don't recall us ever 'turning down' a Top4 opportunity before under any manager. Would Soton, with a new manager this season, not be going for Top 4 this season because results aren't important? And, I believe Top4 is what Poch would want now, as would the players, the club, the business, etc. The notion that results aren't important now assumes we will be much better in the future, which may happen. But there are no guarantees of Top 4 the next 2-3 seasons either, and if we improve next season it may not reflect in the standings because other teams around us may improve too. Getting Top 4 now may help us keep/acquire better players this summer. We are now in March, and so a fair ways in to his building a team/system. Furthermore I'm not convinced how us going all out now would hinder that process at all, and indeed it may even help it. Success breeds success. We have no injuries, one game a week, lets go for it!:)
yep, now we are in with a shout, an outside shout albeit, we should really try our best for a top 4 place. Poch has done an exceptional job so far in the team he has constructed so why cant it continue till the end of the season.

if anyone is driving tonight be aware the m25 is at a standstill between the enfield and epping junctions

Yes, now is the time to look to next season. We can try something a bit different with personnel or formations to see how it works. But anyone who we want to sell, should be solidly frozen out so they know they have to go.

I agree. I think the formation we have been playing is becoming a bit stale and a bit too easy to defend against.

I am not sure, but I think with the personnel we are likely to retain next season, a 3-5-2 might be worth experimenting with:

.....................lloris.....................

.......Dyer........Fazio.......Verts........

Walker/Yedlin.....................................Rose

...............Lamela/Mason.....Dembele/Bentelab...Eriksen

......................Chadli......Kane....................

To my mind this formation gives us several advantages:

1. Three in the centre at the back should allow solidity there and not expose us when a CB is caught out trying to cover the FB who is all too often caught out far up the pitch

2. It allows the fbs to overlap and provide width with more freedom knowing there are three sitting in behind them at all times

3. Dembele and Eriksen work well together. Dembele's dribbles allow Eriksen more space and an out ball.

4. Chadli is largely absolved from his defensive duties in which he has shown himself wholly deficient and gives him freedom to support Kane more

5. Kane has been too isolated up front recently and needs support there. Chadli is the only other one that offers a goal threat apart from Kane and Eriksen.

Worth trying methinks - but maybe not tonight as it will need some work on the training ground. Seems to suit the new Liverscum and (to a lesser extent) Manure.

At the very least, this formation would enable us a positive Plan B if our Plan A is failing.

What do others think?

Last edited:
Really cannot see how Yedlin will start considering he has not been part of any first team action so far. Think Dier or Chiriches at RB is more likely if Kyle is struggling. Poch has said everyone is ok so hope he is fit.

As others have intimated, every game is a cup final now if we can push for the top 4 spot.

Same side as the weekend but with Dembele and Lamela for me over Chadli and Townsend.

Not sure about Mason, can he be rotated with Dembele in his role and Chadli in. Maybe.

If we have an opportunity of Top 4 I think we have to go all out for it. I don't recall us ever 'turning down' a Top4 opportunity before under any manager. Would Soton, with a new manager this season, not be going for Top 4 this season because results aren't important? And, I believe Top4 is what Poch would want now, as would the players, the club, the business, etc. The notion that results aren't important now assumes we will be much better in the future, which may happen. But there are no guarantees of Top 4 the next 2-3 seasons either, and if we improve next season it may not reflect in the standings because other teams around us may improve too. Getting Top 4 now may help us keep/acquire better players this summer. We are now in March, and so a fair ways in to his building a team/system. Furthermore I'm not convinced how us going all out now would hinder that process at all, and indeed it may even help it. Success breeds success. We have no injuries, one game a week, lets go for it!:)
Totally agree. We're within a shot of making it. If we get to a point 3-4 games down the road that it is out of our reach, then we can experiment with formations and give some of the fringe players more chances.

Think Swansea have a solid first XI team. That said we couldn't be more motivated for tonight I feel. Definitely should be fire in their bellies. Let's hope it's our day and we take advantage of when we're on top

Many teams now have multiple ex-Spur players in their first team

Hull - Thudd, Livermore, Dawson
Swansea - Naughton, Sig, Routledge, and Carroll (on loan)
QPR - Sandro, Caulker, Kranjcar, Zamora

Is that a good thing?

Found a bird: NBC + BeIN Sports, unfortunately can't share it, but must be a public link somewhere.

Back