• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Swansea City OMT ***

I don't think Bentaleb and Stambouli works. They are a bit too similar, or at least like occupying the same part of the pitch as each other. Both prefer being the deeper one of the two CMs, rather than the link man up to the AMs.

If you can't see what Mason does, just look again at the games he hasn't played in. We're absolutely turgid without his quick transitioning and assertive passing.

Completely agree with that - Stambouli and Bentaleb arent a pairing for the reason you mention. If someone wants to leave Mason out then you'd need to either play Eriksen deeper or Paulinho

For me its the inverted wingers that are doing nothing. They are not playing well and not helping Kane enough. Maybe changing the formation to get Stambouli in and let Mason and Benetleb get forward more.

------------------------Lloris----------------------------

Walker-----Dier--------------Verts----------Rose

-------------------Stambouli----------------------------
-----Mason------------------------Benteleb-----------

--------Lamela------------------Eriksen----------------
---------------------Kane----------------------------------

4-3-3 but I dont think Poch will change his formation. This would get Eriksend a little closer to the box and around it, Also the same for lamela and it may take some of their defensive duties away for the midfield three to deal with. Benteleb has a good shot on him and quick passing, and so does Mason. Let Stambouli mop up the rest.

We need to somehow start generating either early goals or look more like getting a clean sheet.

Must win then.

Pretty close at least.

I would say 4 points from this and QPR is the minimum we need to be within a realistic catching distance for a top 4 finish. Of course the difference between 3 and 4 points isn't that extreme, but it looks like a minimum to me.

6pts from Swansea and QPR an absolute must

problem is that since the Arsanal win we have lost to Liverpool, drawn against Fiorentina, drawn with the Spammers, lost to Fiorentina and lost to Cheatski. Not a good run of form at all

Pretty close at least.

I would say 4 points from this and QPR is the minimum we need to be within a realistic catching distance for a top 4 finish. Of course the difference between 3 and 4 points isn't that extreme, but it looks like a minimum to me.

I would say we need 6 personally. The form Arsenal and Liverpool are in is frightening.

Could do with results going our way. Us and QPR are the only teams playing at the weekend so that game in hand we have may be important. Can't personally see Arsenal and Liverpool dropping points, but Southampton and PERHAPS United may do.

6 points is a must, anything less then that and 4th is gone, if it has'nt already. Winnable games, 100% focus now, no excuses realy.

These next two fixtures represent a great opportunity for 6 pts and it will be very disappointing (to me) if we don't achieve that. A home game with Swans, and at QPR (short trip), are two fixtures I'd think (hope) we would be looking to win at most any stage of any season especially in March.

------------------------Lloris----------------------------

Walker-----Dier--------------Verts----------Rose

-------------------Stambouli----------------------------
-----Mason------------------------Benteleb-----------

--------Lamela------------------Eriksen----------------
---------------------Kane----------------------------------

That formation is possibly 4 days too late...

I would say we need 6 personally. The form Arsenal and Liverpool are in is frightening.

We're currently 6 points off 4th with a game in hand. 4 from the next 2 would leave us at worst 5 points off 4th (in addition to goal difference) at the end of our packed fixture list for this season. With 10 games left to play of the season and with us having a game a week for all of that I really don't think it's beyond us to go on a run and make up 5 points in 10 games. Not easy, but the chance will definitely still be there I feel.

But of course 6 would be much better :)

Pretty close at least.

Agreed. The form of the Dippers and the Scum is worrying, and Manure are boring their way to points too. That said, I still feel this season is a freebie for Poch and next year when he has had the chance to get in some of his own (please, Mr. Levy, let him but the players he wants) we can really see what he has in store for us.

I'd rather see anyone in the development squad/U21's or u18's play instead of Soldudo or Anybuyers. They are both a waste of space and money and have had plenty of opportunities to deliver, or we could have a raffle and the win plays, they couldn't do any less than the gruesome twosome.

If we don't win this one then I would almost be tempted then to use the rest of the season to bed some more youth players in and do a bit of experimentation. We're not that far from 4th but the form guide is not in our favour.

-----------------Lloris-----------------
Walker------Dier----Vert----Rose
---------Mason-------Bentaleb-----
Dembele----Lamela----Eriksen
--------------Kane-----------

I was thinking to shift Lamela in one as he gravitates to that position anyway. He was touted as a potential number 10 anyway so maybe is the time to start seeing if he is or not. Eriksen/Dembele/Lamela can all interchange anyway.

ManCity, ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool games on at the same time as our game ? There is no chance whatsoever of our game being shown live on any channel then. Really stupid schedule.

Knowing us we'll smash Swansea and get our hopes up then we'll go to QPR, be frustrated and lose 2-0.

As far as the smashing goes, Kane with a brace, Lamela and Eriksen with one a piece in a comfortable 4-1 romp.. A late consolation goal for Gudjerrson.

ManCity, ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool games on at the same time as our game ? There is no chance whatsoever of our game being shown live on any channel then. Really stupid schedule.

Ok, maybe there is. Foxsports are showing our match live in Asia.:)

Back