• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs SUNDERLAND - OMT

The thing I find most promising about Rose's situation is his ability to switch seamlessly from an LB to an attacking LW role when Sunderland are in transition. He bombs on superbly effectively. Should we eventually recall him, it would be an interesting choice to make; do we keep Rose, who can provide cover at both LB and LW spots, or Naughton, who can cover both full-back spots?

A third option would have course be selling BAE and retaining Rose, with Naughton moving over to LB (no great ask considering his general effectiveness in that role so far) and Rose as back-up. Although I doubt many of us would approve of that course of action, of course. :)

All in all, it's a good conundrum to have.

----------------Lloris-----------------

Walker---Caulker------Verts-----Naughton

Lennon----Parker-------Dembele----Bale

----------------Sig---------------------

-----------------Defoe-----------------

Subs; Friedel, Gallas, Dawson, Sandro, Hudd, Townsend/Dempsey, Ade

Gives Sandro and Gallas some rest, that line-up
2-1 Spurs, Caulker and Bale the scorers with Fletcher inevitably deflecting one in with his bum in the 89th minute.

The thing I find most promising about Rose's situation is his ability to switch seamlessly from an LB to an attacking LW role when Sunderland are in transition. He bombs on superbly effectively. Should we eventually recall him, it would be an interesting choice to make; do we keep Rose, who can provide cover at both LB and LW spots, or Naughton, who can cover both full-back spots?

A third option would have course be selling BAE and retaining Rose, with Naughton moving over to LB (no great ask considering his general effectiveness in that role so far) and Rose as back-up. Although I doubt many of us would approve of that course of action, of course. :)

All in all, it's a good conundrum to have.

----------------Lloris-----------------

Walker---Caulker------Verts-----Naughton

Lennon----Parker-------Dembele----Bale

----------------Sig---------------------

-----------------Defoe-----------------

Subs; Friedel, Gallas, Dawson, Sandro, Hudd, Townsend/Dempsey, Ade

Gives Sandro and Gallas some rest, that line-up
2-1 Spurs, Caulker and Bale the scorers with Fletcher inevitably deflecting one in with his bum in the 89th minute.

Good post until that point then stopped reading.

SELL BAE AND ILL KILL YOU DUBAI

------------------ Lloris ------------------
Walker - Caulker Verts - Naughts
--------- Sandro - Dembele ----------
Lennon ------- Siggy ---------- Bale
----------------- Defoe -------------------

Hopefully Benny and Parker get some game time to build their fitness...

I am astounded at this Danny Rose talk. Last year he looked like he couldn't pass the simplest ball at times. He did have some great cameos the year before though. I need to make a point if seeing him play a bit more. I'd be genuinely staggered if he looks anywhere near Bennys level

Must say it's disappointing to see so little credit given to our very decent defensive performance the past six games. Since that loss to Arsenal to cap a three-game winless run, we've put in five straight 90 minute cleansheets.

Of course, the only game we've lost in our past six included two stoppage time goals to Everton. Other than that, Lloris' net hasn't been rippled. Goalie crisis officially ended.

Three goals against both Fulham and Waste Ham, four against Villa, so we're showing some scoring prowess. And Adebayor is yet to catch fire. Four wins and a draw in our past six. Manager crisis officially ended.

All the while seeing injured players begin to return and make contributions. Very nice situation to be in going into the transfer window.

I am astounded at this Danny Rose talk. Last year he looked like he couldn't pass the simplest ball at times. He did have some great cameos the year before though. I need to make a point if seeing him play a bit more. I'd be genuinely staggered if he looks anywhere near Bennys level

He's been awesome this season tbh mate.

Must say it's disappointing to see so little credit given to our very decent defensive performance the past six games. Since that loss to Arsenal to cap a three-game winless run, we've put in five straight 90 minute cleansheets.

Of course, the only game we've lost in our past six included two stoppage time goals to Everton. Other than that, Lloris' net hasn't been rippled. Goalie crisis officially ended.

Three goals against both Fulham and Waste Ham, four against Villa, so we're showing some scoring prowess. And Adebayor is yet to catch fire. Four wins and a draw in our past six. Manager crisis officially ended.

All the while seeing injured players begin to return and make contributions. Very nice situation to be in going into the transfer window.

Nice way to put things, Sunderland's goal v Emirates Marketing Project was lucky, we'll win this. COYS !!!

The way I see it:

Naughton - Decent prospect - some good games, some poor games - wouldn't feel comfortable with him as our first choice left back at the moment
Rose - Having a good season with Sunderland, decent left back; Championship standard left midfielder
BAE - Consistently one of the best left backs in the league for the last few seasons

Anyway, back on topic, will be looking forward to seeing Lennon get at Bardsley if it is his him in for Rose.

Massive game to maintain momentum for fourth; hope we really go at them from the off - not a great deal of pace throughout their side, so hope we can utilise ours effectively. Being at home you would hope Sunderland have some ambition and not park the bus, which should play into our hands...

He's had the odd good game when he's pushed forward, his defensive play remains consistently abysmal. I hope he's one we can sell at the earliest opportunity.

no you're wrong and i trust the view of sunderland fans who have seen him week in and week out (and also my own eyes) over you.

Provisional squad for Sunderland:

Friedel, Lloris, Gomes, Cudicini, Walker, Naughton, Assou-Ekotto, Gallas, Caulker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Lennon, Sigurdsson, Townsend, Bale, Falque, Carroll, Mason, Livermore, Sandro, Huddlestone, Dembele, Parker, Dempsey, Adebayor, Defoe.

This is something that I think has been overlooked by alot of people [both fans and the media]...I have a lot less fear than in recent times that we're going to concede goals, or have a complete meltdown. With Parker back now we can close games out more successfully as well...it was interesting to see how his play differs slightly from last year in our current setup. I've seen heat maps of games last season and he barely crossed the half way line; given that most of our games are played in the opposition half now I think he could have more of an impact than many have envisaged. The Sig should definitely start against sunderland...I can see the thinking behind the calls to play Carroll but whenever I've watched him play he seems a bit too keen to play the killer pass; YES, we've been lacking someone to play the killer pass, but as things stand I dont think he yet has the nous to know WHEN to play it, and the other players dont seem in tune with his decisions in that respect. I'd be tempted to try Moussa further forward...again, I dont see him being the man to play the killer pass, but I think he's the best compromise in games like this. Sunderland are gonna work really hard, and try to put us under a lot of pressure, so we're going to need someone to hold up the ball further forward.

that's the spirit!

Pistols at dawn? :)

Read the line after the quoted one before you load up on buck-shot, though. :p

Ok I read that line - well done - still kill you tho for even suggesting it. It wont be pistols at dawn - just sleep with one eye open - you have been warned appropriately ;)

(If someone does kill you im gonna be in a lot of trouble here haha)

With Everton playing Arsenal, Chelsea playing Saudi Sportswashing Machine and West Brom at Old Trafford some of the clubs around us will drop points so a win is vital here and with us having Reading just after a real chance for 6 point and put some distance between us and the others going into the business end of the season.

Would like to see Siggy given a start, his long range shooting could be useful and he's had a few good cameos lately. Maybe start Parker as well I he's fit enough.

Waste Ham..I like it. Good points made.

Back