• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs SUNDERLAND - OMT

I'm thinking Dembele and Gallas will be out and Dempsey should be back soooooo....

-----------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------------

Walker----------------Dawson-------------Vertonghen-----------Naughton

-----------------------------Parker------Sandro-------------------------------

----------------------------------Sigurddson-----------------------------------

---Lennon---------------------------------------------------------------Bale---

------------------------------------Defoe---------------------------------------

Subs: Friedel, Caulker, Ekotto, Livermore, Townsend, Dempsey, Adebayor

I actually really like this team. A very strong defence. Walker has been looking better and better and Naughton deserves another start after a solid performance and assist against Villa. Dawson and Vert could be a very good pairing.

Parker is the sort we need away at Sunderland and I think Siggy has done enough to start, especially with the fixture congestion of the winter period. I really do like that midfield 3. Adebayor benched which is deserved too

What do you think THFC6061, will be able to get 3 points tomorrow?

I think it will be a tall order to come away with three points tomorrow, as Sunderland will be well up for this after beating Emirates Marketing Project.

A lot will depend on how committed they are to attacking us, as this will give Spurs the opportunity to hit them on the counter and there's no better team in the Premier League at doing this than us.

I'd be happy enough to come away with a point, but if things go our way I think we might get the win.

I think it will be a tall order to come away with three points tomorrow, as Sunderland will be well up for this after beating Emirates Marketing Project.

A lot will depend on how committed they are to attacking us, as this will give Spurs the opportunity to hit them on the counter and there's no better team in the Premier League at doing this than us.

I'd be happy enough to come away with a point, but if things go our way I think we might get the win.

I agree :) We should draw as a minimum. We know it will be tough. But with Bale back, quality options in central midfield (for the first time this season) we've got to be aiming for the win. Teams are aware (from watching our games) that they can hold out against us if they sit back.

Will O'Niel have them sitting back, or playing? Probably the former. It is clear we have been working on our attacking build up play, and there were signs that we're passing the ball quicker and looking for that pass that unlocks the defense.

I think we'll win by a goal - 1-2 Dembele is due a goal...

Have never seen such a negative team at home as what they were in this game last season, the worst 0-0 Ive ever seen

Sunderland fans saying that we'll win this because there best player isnt playing (Rose) and that if we said they can have him for £10m they'd pay it right now.

I remember about 5 years back when we had them first game of the season, 12:45 kick off. We lost 1-0 in stoppage time, what a buzzkill.

I expect 3 points tomorrow and our good run to continue. Will be disappointed if we don't win this.

I expect I'll be able to slither from my bed to the sofa in time for this. Hopefully my efforts won't go unrewarded.

didn't realise our record away to sunderland is that poor.
however we're a different team this year, based on form we should be able to beat them.

i suppose all weaker teams will now defend in numbers against us, and since we're not that great at breaking down defences, substitions and late game tactics will be critical to unsettling the tired opposition, just as we did with Villa. this is where AVB comes in. AVB for the win. COYS.

I'm thinking Dembele and Gallas will be out and Dempsey should be back soooooo....

-----------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------------

Walker----------------Dawson-------------Vertonghen-----------Naughton

-----------------------------Parker------Sandro-------------------------------

----------------------------------Sigurddson-----------------------------------

---Lennon---------------------------------------------------------------Bale---

------------------------------------Defoe---------------------------------------

Subs: Friedel, Caulker, Ekotto, Livermore, Townsend, Dempsey, Adebayor

Pretty much agree with this...I'd make a couple of changes, notably I'd have Ade and Defoe in with Sig coming on second-half (harsh perhaps because he has been playing better and better for sure BUT I felt Ade had a very very strong second-half and I think we'll need him for the physicality of the match) and I'd have Caulker instead of Daws next to Verts, simply because I like him! There again, if Gallas was fit I'd absolutely play him alongside Verts again simply because I'd love to see the same defence on the pitch twice in a row...so for me. I'd also like the option of Dembele if needed? Either that or Tom Carroll on the bench!!!!

Lloris
Walker Gallas Verts Naughton
Lennon Scotty Sandro Bale

Defoe
Ade

subs: Friedel, Caulker Dempsey, Sig, Livermore, Townshend, Dembele/Carroll

COYS!

I hate 12 45 kick offs as I think half our players are still dreaming of their beds - I know I am.

I think it may end in a win for us but we could also lose this however the probability is a draw (I hate draws more than defeats)

I think we could win 9 1 but lose 1 0 or a potential 2 2 draw. I'm undecided.

Obviously the City win was fantastic but Sunderland beat them last year, too and have a good recent record against them.
Their 2 other recent wins were against Reading and Southampton. Prior to the Reading win they lost 6 out of 8 which included losing to Villa and drawing with QPR. The win was against Fulham.
The bookies have us even money favourites and them 3-1. That is about right.
I was surprised at 4-4-2 vs Villa but will now also be surprised if he changes it for a team who will be set up similarly.

I hope the City win gives them confidence beyond their ability. The hope being they come out and give us a game........completely playing into our hands as we smash'em on the counter (as usual)

Back