• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs SUNDERLAND - OMT

Just because we are away I am confident we will get something from the game, preferably a win. I think we have been better away this year because I don't think many teams like to "park the bus" at home in front of home fans. I mean I'm surprised Villa didn't considering they shipped 8 a few days ago. O'Neills team are usually well drilled and I don't think it will be EASY, but I do think we'll get something.

Lot of games in the space of a week, might be time to freshen it up a little.

-----------------------Lloris--------------------------
Naughton-------Dawson------Caulker--------Vertonghen
----------------Parker-------Sandro--------------------
------Dempsey---------Siggy---------------Bale-------
--------------------Adebayor--------------------------

Naaa... cant leave out Dembele!

Only changes I would make to the team which player Villa would be to have Daws and Caulker at CB and Verts at LB

Fletcher up top for them is the ideal CF for Dawson to mark and I dont think Gallas has started 2 games in 1 week for a whlie.

Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur (12:45 GMT)

I thought Sunderland did really well in their win over Emirates Marketing Project on Boxing Day, purely and simply because they just stuck at it.

City hit them early on but couldn't score and, as the game went on, Sunderland grew in confidence, got the goal and they could have won by a bigger margin in the end.

People talk about the importance of confidence in football and it is so evident with the Black Cats.

Martin O'Neill's side have now won three of their last four games and look a very different team to the way they were a month ago.

They will dig in again against a Tottenham side who were in control from minute one against Aston Villa.

Spurs ran out convincing winners thanks to Gareth Bale's hat-trick in the last half hour but the game could have been wrapped up even earlier than that - there was a huge gulf between the two sides.

I am not so sure Sunderland will let Bale do the same - their defence was particularly impressive against City, and that sort of attitude and application should get them a point.

Prediction: Sunderland 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Lawro's 2012-13 Predictions

Not average and he's been their best player this season. Any team we face missing their best player is a positive.

He was average for us at LB ( though I have to say we have been crying out or an average LB all season with Benny out). But Sunderland fans are really happy with him and sometimes players do thrive in a different environment. Look at West Brom, Swansea, Stoke, lots of average players but they are as effective as Bale and Defoe are for us at the moment, in that they are responsible for a chunk of their teams success this season.

Or maybe those Mackems need to take off their Rose-tinted spectacles ;)

Back