• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****** Tottenham Hotspur vs Stoke City OMT *******

Andre: "It's an extremely difficult game. Stoke have one of the best defences in the league. They are a very competitive team. It's not going to be an easy game for us but the boys are fresh and will be ready. Bale and Dawson have both made great progression and are available for the weekend."

Good news about Bale, I hope he plays despite all the misgivings. Definitely want Dawson playing. Wouldn't mind Dempsey playing even if Ade is fit.

Last edited:
Has to be Dawson playing alonside Caulker with Verts at left back. We need as many giants as possible for this one. Were a bigger, stronger side than we were last season, Dembele and Sandro shouldn't be getting bullied by anyone, even Stoke.

I fudging hate Pulis and Stoke! I'm throwing a party if they ever go down, and you're all invited.

Has to be Dawson playing alonside Caulker with Verts at left back. We need as many giants as possible for this one. Were a bigger, stronger side than we were last season, Dembele and Sandro shouldn't be getting bullied by anyone, even Stoke.

I fudging hate Pulis and Stoke! I'm throwing a party if they ever go down, and you're all invited.

Me too, he is a massive bellend.

As for Vert on the left, i like the way he links up with Bale but do prefer him in the middle defensively

As for Vert on the left, i like the way he links up with Bale but do prefer him in the middle defensively

Normally I would too, but I just think we could do with Caulker's ability to win headers and Dawson's spirit and fight.

Last edited:

why does he always wear that stupid cap and tracksuit? even in pre-game interviews :ross: he looks like such a mong. so bloody annoying.

AVB says Ade is fit for this one so 4-4-2 please.

--------------------------------------Lloris----------------------------------------

Walker/Naughton--------Dawson-------------Caulker------------Vertonghen

Lennon------------------Sandro----------------Dembele--------------Dempsey/Sig

---------------------------Ade----------------Defoe-------------------------------

subs: Friedel, Gallas, Walker/naughton, Parker, Huddlestone, Dempey/Sig, Bale,

Last edited:
Hmmm....a win could see us go third, for a day at least.

Game just before xmas at home, where winning could see us go sky-high...have we not been here before..?8-[

Agreed
:)

"Jelly and ice cream when Stoke go down, crisps and colas when Stoke go down, beer and ****tails when Stoke go down, coke and whooores when Stoke go down..."

:eek:

Agreed
:)

"Jelly and ice cream when Stoke go down, crisps and colas when Stoke go down, beer and ****tails when Stoke go down, coke and whooores when Stoke go down..."

:eek:

I can remember when Stoke City were a very decent First Division team back in the early 70s.

Perhaps it's because of this that I cut them quite a bit of slack these days.

They do the best they can with the limited resources available to them.

I can remember when Stoke City were a very decent First Division team back in the early 70s.

My early memory of Stoke was their terrible 1984/85(?) season, when they finished with less than 20 points and league wins that can be counted on one hand. And the nicest thing was they beat Scum that season (may be that's why they bought Steve Bould and signed Mark Chamberlain's son later).

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere. Wouldn't wish this on anyone, but good news for Gareth

Charlie hit by tragedy

CHARLIE ADAM is set to miss Stoke’s clash with Spurs on Saturday after the death of his father.
Adam, 27, has been granted compassionate leave and travelled to Scotland to be with his family.

Charlie Adam senior, who was just 50, was found hanged at his Dundee home on Monday.

Police say there were no suspicious circumstances.

Adam senior was a former footballer who played more than 250 games for St Johnstone, Dundee United and Partick Thistle between 1985 and 1994.

Stoke City said in a statement: “The club can confirm that Charlie Adam’s father has died in a tragic incident.

“All our thoughts are with Charlie and his family at this difficult time.”

Perhaps it's because of this that I cut them quite a bit of slack these days.

They do the best they can with the limited resources available to them.

So do all clubs...Stoke the club is not the problem, Pulis is, he's making them look bad through his "tactics" and style of players brought in.

i like Stoke

i like that so many prissy tarts get their knickers in a twist because they play with a bit of an edge - plus they wind Arsenal up something chronic

So do all clubs...Stoke the club is not the problem, Pulis is, he's making them look bad through his "tactics" and style of players brought in.

Remember when they stuffed Bolton in the cup (Not sure exactly but it was something like 5-0 in an FA Cup semi?) I'm sure Pulis said they now had some excellent footballers and with the increasing standard of player they were now able to bring in they are adapting to play some better passing football...

Lloris
Walker Dawson Caulker Vertonghen
Sig Sandro Dembele Bale
Dempsey
Adebayor

Beast XI... All must be over 6ft.

AVB says Ade is fit for this one so 4-4-2 please.

--------------------------------------Lloris----------------------------------------

Walker/Naughton--------Dawson-------------Caulker------------Vertonghen

Lennon------------------Sandro----------------Dembele--------------Dempsey/Sig

---------------------------Ade----------------Defoe-------------------------------

subs: Friedel, Gallas, Walker/naughton, Parker, Huddlestone, Dempey/Sig, Bale,

When did you start hating Bale??!

When did you start hating Bale??!

I can understand the thinking, it is a risk to play Bale from the get go. Dawson shouldn't need to stretch his hamstring that much, given Stoke rarely turn you round, so less of a risk (and he's less important to us overall than Bale of course).

I'd still start him if fit enough, but would be happy for him to be brought on at half time (or 60 minutes). Would be nice to be 2 up, then bring him on for 30-45 minutes where we aren't reliant on his bursts of speed to break them down.

I can understand the thinking, it is a risk to play Bale from the get go. Dawson shouldn't need to stretch his hamstring that much, given Stoke rarely turn you round, so less of a risk (and he's less important to us overall than Bale of course).

I'd still start him if fit enough, but would be happy for him to be brought on at half time (or 60 minutes). Would be nice to be 2 up, then bring him on for 30-45 minutes where we aren't reliant on his bursts of speed to break them down.

If Bale isn't fit then they shouldn't include him in the squad or put him on the bench. Otherwise he should definitely start

If Bale isn't fit then they shouldn't include him in the squad or put him on the bench. Otherwise he should definitely start

This..

Better to believe he is fit enough to start and then if the worst happens he comes off injured than to have a doubt and throw him on at 60mins and have him pull up after we've already made changes.

If he's ready he starts.. best case scenario we are out of sight and he can come off anyway (fingers crossed!)

Back