• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****** Tottenham Hotspur vs Stoke City OMT *******

Early goal is vital in this game. Get that and you force Stoke to come out of their undoubtedly uber-defensive, negative formation.

Defend well at setpieces and we'll be ok.

Get out without any serious injuries to our key players and I'll be delightful (not sure Bale will be back but if he is, needs to watch out for that one-paced thug Charlie Adam as per usual).

Hate Stoke and every single thing they stand for (niggly fouls, horrific challenges, nonstop hoofing, utter reliance on setplays, intimidation of refs, timewasting, Tony Fu**ing Pulis,), so it'd be pleasing if we can get not only the 3 points but a real proper performance where we show them what a football team plays like.

2-0 Spurs.

COYS

Also a good opportunity to go 3 points clear in 3rd place before Chelsea play Villa the following day!

I would expect Bale to be back and I hope he is, it's games like this especially where we need him.

I can see the point of resting him to avoid Adam, but I can also see the point of confronting the issue head on, especially at home.

Whatever call AVB makes on this one I'll back him.

Early goal is vital in this game. Get that and you force Stoke to come out of their undoubtedly uber-defensive, negative formation.

Defend well at setpieces and we'll be ok.

Get out without any serious injuries to our key players and I'll be delightful (not sure Bale will be back but if he is, needs to watch out for that one-paced thug Charlie Adam as per usual).

Hate Stoke and every single thing they stand for (niggly fouls, horrific challenges, nonstop hoofing, utter reliance on setplays, intimidation of refs, timewasting, Tony Fu**ing Pulis,), so it'd be pleasing if we can get not only the 3 points but a real proper performance where we show them what a football team plays like.

2-0 Spurs.

COYS

I think we need to change this mindset of early goal being vital. It's important to win within the 90, I can understand the concern when we don't get an early goal but it's more important not to let our belief wane further into the game.

COYS

---------------------------Lloris-------------------------------
Walker---------Dawson------------Caulker----------Vertonghen
--------------Sandro-------------Dembele---------------------
------Lennon-------------Dempsey----------------Bale--------
---------------------------Defoe------------------------------

Only Defoe and Lennon the short boys in the team. Gallas done well in the last few appearances but if we can get Daws and Caulker playing it would be better as they are good in the air.

Charlie_Adam.png

My word,what an ugly bastard. I normally don't wish injury on any player but I would laugh my gonad*s off if this qunt done a cruciate.

Anyway,3-1 Spurs - Defoe hattrick

Hope this isn't a premonition of Spursalot's new avatar.

I think we need to change this mindset of early goal being vital. It's important to win within the 90, I can understand the concern when we don't get an early goal but it's more important not to let our belief wane further into the game.

COYS

I agree.

See: Swansea

If Ade AND Bale are out =

-------------------------------Lloris--------------------------------------

Walker-----------Dawson-------------Caulker-------------Vertonghen

Lennon----------Sandro------------Dembele---------------Dempsey

---------------------------Sigurddson-----------------------------------

-----------------------------Defoe-------------------------------------

if Ade is out and Bale is back =

------------------------------Lloris---------------------------------

Walker-------------Dawson--------Vertonghen--------------Bale

lennon--------------Sandro---------Dembele----------------dempsey

----------------------------Sigurddson-----------------------------

------------------------------Defoe---------------------------------

Gallas has been excellent the last 2 games imo but we need size and strength for this one (especially with no Ade).

COYS

Good points, the key is to score more than them. Early goals are lovely but as we know often not decisive. Late goals are often the killer goals.

---------------------------Lloris-------------------------------
Walker---------Dawson------------Caulker----------Vertonghen
--------------Sandro-------------Dembele---------------------
------Lennon-------------Dempsey----------------Bale--------
---------------------------Defoe------------------------------

Only Defoe and Lennon the short boys in the team. Gallas done well in the last few appearances but if we can get Daws and Caulker playing it would be better as they are good in the air.

Yep I like this team, Etherington might give Verts some problems, and indeed Walker but George Best he isn't. I like the idea of having plenty of beef v Stoke.

If for whatever reasons Bale and Ade are out then stick Scotty in there. I assume he'd be ready for an hour or so at least, then can always bring on Townsend for example. Alternatively start Townsend.

I expect one of Ade or Bale to play though.

Last edited:
and saturday is 5 days away, he will play unless injured
I wouldn't want to play if my old man had just died ... guessing the funeral would just be about to happen also unless because of the sudden nature there's a delay ...

Anyway, someone's died and we should be a little gracious perhaps, not saying that you aren't btw ...

I wouldn't want to play if my old man had just died ... guessing the funeral would just be about to happen also unless because of the sudden nature there's a delay ...

Anyway, someone's died and we should be a little gracious perhaps, not saying that you aren't btw ...

Didnt Parker play the day after his dad passed away and I remember young Collinson for WHU playing a couple of days after ??

Didnt Parker play the day after his dad passed away and I remember young Collinson for WHU playing a couple of days after ??

Depends on whether or not the player feels like he has his head in the game.

I wouldn't say it's a definite either way.

COYS

the early goal draws the opponent out to score - granted that we leak goals, we also look better when we are given space to exploit due to the speed demons we have on both wings.

i don't think stoke will go all out for the win and will defend in numbers and counter attack if they can.

Back