• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs S.L. Benfica OMT ***

Their keeper looks a tad shaky. Of course it won't make **** all difference if we don't get any shots in, but perhaps some hope there for us.

It's not been horrible out there, but like the last 18 months or so we struggle to create against compact teams. Having direct players only works with space and Benfica are working very hard, some more guile would have helped this half but the game should stretch in second.

Invisibilinho off (never to be seen again) and Townsend on please. Yes it's not ideal to play Eriksen centrally in a 4-4-2 but deary me? Sandro is already exposed....at least Townsend can offer something on the wing.

Are you watching this nonsense? Stop making excuses ffs we are awful at the moment.

People on here were saying it was the best we have played under Sherwood and doing really well, then they poke a ball through and slot it in and suddenly you turn on the team.

We have been "OK" and they have closed down really well. I'm not making excuses I'm saying they conceded 1 in 16 so don't expect us to score 3.

Invisibilinho off (never to be seen again) and Townsend on please. Yes it's not ideal to play Eriksen centrally in a 4-4-2 but deary me? Sandro is already exposed....at least Townsend can offer something on the wing.

Yep a bit of pacey wing play may be our best hope tonight. Not a lot happening in the middle.

:lol:

Jesus
H
Christ

what the heck was that half of football from us.....im sorry to even use the word football

holy moly

Ah, yet another disastrous performance and set up from our believed manager... I need to just copy and paste that for every game. As predicted his initial starting lineup is just incredibly inept, naught on isn't a left back ,it's no surprise that's where their goal comes from, aside the fact he's barely premiership standard. Who definitely ISN'T premiership standard is Harry Kane, but he's working hard out there so Tim is probably happy...

Every single game now is quite simply embarassing. We'rell be out the cup and probably rack up 1 point against Arsenal and Southampton. Season over; get that stupid, thick, clueless **** away from this club!!!

Benfica are playing the perfect counter attacking game. It's how you'd play v Liverpool at an field to beat them.

A goal for us will change everything. Reckon they would get very nervy.

Naughton shocking for the goal. Don't think he even looked at his man once until it was too late

They sort of are. If Tim isn't our permanent manager come the summer, someone else will be. And you can bet your ass that whoever that person is, he's watching this game too.

As we know, when you leave Spurs, your career improves. So I doubt they'll care.

just like soldado

This, I do not get from Tim. Soldado finally gets a goal from open play (after going close a few times in previous games), and we immediately bench him for the next few games, breaking that gathering momentum. You can tell he cares. So why the cold shoulder from Sherwood? Utterly baffling.

On a whole, though, even Messi can't save us at the moment. We are utterly awful, Benfica's form be damned. And we must improve over the course of this second half or our last chance at achieving anything this season beyond avoiding relegation is gone.

Soldado and Andros for Kane and Pauli for me

This. We are only playing with 9 at the moment. Lennon has been lively but Ade is isolated.

Pauli living up to his Invisiblinho/Passengerinho /secondgearinho tag. Not a box to boxer, far too slow and only has one gear. Kane is being outclassed at this level.

Subs now please Tim.

Back