• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs S.L. Benfica OMT ***

We're not playing well, but no reason to bash Benfica who are indeed a very good side.
They were in the Champions League group stage as they tend to be, beat PSG in a game and were tied on points with the 2nd team in their group.
Also played in the final of the EL previous season after sending out Bayer Leverkusen, Bordeaux, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Fenerbache. Gave Chelsea a good fight in the final.
Drew both at home and Old Trafford against United in the Champions League two years ago.
Yeah they aren't Real Madrid, but they're still an excellent side we'll have to be at our best to better.

every team we ever play against appear to have tactics, its just us that don't.

i'm sick to death of it. i still couldn't tell you what type of team we are? one that doesn't create much but that concedes plenty i guess.

tim is losing his way a bit - what happened to the attacking swagger we we're supposed to have rekindled? It was working, we were scoring more. its all just going so pear shaped.

i really dread to think what sort of shape we're going to be in come the start of next season. i realy, really, really just want the season over. the club and team just looks like its rotting out to the core.

Paulinho doesn't really work in a 4-4-2, not sure why AVB and Sherwood both persisted with this.

Kane not doing a great deal.

Poor defending from Naughton for the goal.

It is just all a bit depressing tbh because even though as I was watching it, even though I thought we were playing better initially, I could just see that what was quite likely was that they would score first. And so they did.

Oh dear.

Poor defending by jan as well should he not be closer to the full back so he can cover if the full back gets caught out.

-----------------Lloris--------------------

Walker----Kaboul-----Vertonghen---Naughton

------------Sandro-----Eriksen----------------

Lennon---------Adebayor--------------Townsend

-----------------Soldado------------------------

every team we ever play against appear to have tactics, its just us that don't.

i'm sick to death of it. i still couldn't tell you what type of team we are? one that doesn't create much but that concedes plenty i guess.

tim is losing his way a bit - what happened to the attacking swagger we we're supposed to have rekindled? It was working, we were scoring more. its all just going so pear shaped.

i really dread to think what sort of shape we're going to be in come the start of next season. i realy, really, really just want the season over. the club and team just looks like its rotting out to the core.

exactly

This, I do not get from Tim. Soldado finally gets a goal from open play (after going close a few times in previous games), and we immediately bench him for the next few games, breaking that gathering momentum. You can tell he cares. So why the cold shoulder from Sherwood? Utterly baffling.

On a whole, though, even Messi can't save us at the moment. We are utterly awful, Benfica's form be damned. And we must improve over the course of this second half or our last chance at achieving anything this season beyond avoiding relegation is gone.

If WBA dont win at Swansea on Saturday we're mathematically safe \o/

The state of this club at the moment.. Exactly where I felt we'd be a couple of seasons back.

What do you expect with Levy in charge, he doesnt have a clue... 100 m spent in the summer and Im here watching the likes of Dawson and lennon. Dear Oh dear.

Dawson is not playing today . And levy is not responsible for the lack of tactics. It's like Tim has picked up where AVB left off.

-----------------Lloris--------------------

Walker----Kaboul-----Vertonghen---Naughton

------------Sandro-----Eriksen----------------

Lennon---------Adebayor--------------Townsend

-----------------Soldado------------------------

yeah thats about right, but id drop lennon alongside Sandro because aparently TS reckons he is brilliant defensively and that gives him the right not to assist and score. Lets play him as a defensive mid then:lol:

I'd bring on Bentaleb as we need to get hold of the ball for 10 minutes to settle us, see how its going after that then Soldado for Kane, or Townsend for Kane and move Eriksen in behind Ade.

We're not playing well, but no reason to bash Benfica who are indeed a very good side.
They were in the Champions League group stage as they tend to be, beat PSG in a game and were tied on points with the 2nd team in their group.
Also played in the final of the EL previous season after sending out Bayer Leverkusen, Bordeaux, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Fenerbache. Gave Chelsea a good fight in the final.
Drew both at home and Old Trafford against United in the Champions League two years ago.
Yeah they aren't Real Madrid, but they're still an excellent side we'll have to be at our best to better.

True they do look a good team, but i think the main bulk of the criticism stems from the decision to start Kane ahead of Soldado, it just makes no sense.

Our "tactic" seems to be to show desire it the box and hope to win a scrappy punt upfield.

I just hope we make a sub and at least manage to get some structure

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back