• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Maribor OMT ***

and it seems weve got an atmosphere back at the lane too, special thanks to the society of helmets or whatever they are called for providing the ammunition

Totally. One of the many plusses from tonight. Nice to hear 'Stand up if love Tottenham' and very good to hear 'Andre Andre give us a wave'

Good win. Ade occupies the back four in a way that Defoe by himself simply doesnt. With the wingers staying wide and Ade pulling the back four around, it creates space for Defoe.

That is why he scored a hattrick tonight and could have had a few more.

At home against the lesser teams, this surely must now be how we play.

Makes it difficult to know what AVB will do on Sunday.

Not 100% sure it would work at City and Arsenal, but we surely have to play that formation at home in the next few League games at least

Don't think Ade will start on Sunday.

Ade has something to prove against City. It would be a wise move to start him. When motivated, he can be devastating. Look at what he did for City against Arse when he played against them for the first time. He has to start on Sunday imo

It was really nice playing with 11 today

Ade has to start against bricky and so does Defoe. Play Ade behind Defoe if you want to play 4231.

Ade has something to prove against City. It would be a wise move to start him. When motivated, he can be devastating. Look at what he did for City against Arse when he played against them for the first time. He has to start on Sunday imo

Its an interesting dilemma, because I doubt you can drop a guy who has just scored a hat-trick but it would be brave to go 4-4-2 at COM

I enjoyed that, even the bad stuff. We are not ready yet so the wobble will make sure we don't get arrogant.
Talking of arrrogant, Hugo was at it before and after the goal which was 100% his fault. Sweeper keeper? Not now.

I think you will find that maintains my 100 percent OMT record. Correct me if I am wrong but I also gave you the winning score. What more do you want.

Oh - and a new chant!

We all know who starts against City

JD 'BRILLIANT' - ANDRE

Posted 09 November 2012 03:31am

Andre Villas-Boas paid tribute to Jermain Defoe after the striker's hat-trick fired us to victory against NK Maribor in the Europa League - and saw him climb another step in the club's all-time goalscoring list.

Jermain was at his lethal best to put the Slovenian champions to the sword as we ran out 3-1 winners at White Hart Lane on Thursday night to move into second place in Group J with two games remaining.

He opened the scoring by guiding Gareth Bale's cross into the corner in the first half and after Maribor found a surprise equaliser before half-time, restored our advantage four minutes into the second half, latching onto Tom Carroll's pass and drilling into the far corner.

Jermain's hat-trick arrived on 77 minutes after another burst from Gareth down the left, his inch-perfect cross this time dispatched clinically from close range.

JD's treble took his tally to 126 goals for Spurs and lifted him ahead of Teddy Sheringham (124) into eighth in the club's all-time goalscoring chart.

His next target is the great Alan Gilzean on 133.

"Jermain was brilliant and he's such a prolific striker," said Andre.

"He was chasing to overtake Teddy, so it was important for him.

"He doesn’t take any chances lightly. He focuses, he scores and it was great to watch him."

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/jermain-brilliant-andre-09112012.page?

Back