• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool OMT ***

I read the match thread earlier and they've managed to convince each other that the league table does in fact lie and that goal difference is the real measure of teams, that along with the SQUAWKA performance rating. So they are actually ahead of us but the table doesn't reflect the real truth.

Liverpool will try to play football, but there'll be huge gaps for us to exploit. We'll destroy them on the break with pace. I'd start Defoe over Ade just for this.

Hopefully, even now they try and play it from the back and they still give away once a game, it seems.

If we can maintain the pressure that we showed against Inter (the 3 or 4 man press in the 2nd half stands out) then there's a chance we can make things happen.

Hopefully, even now they try and play it from the back and they still give away once a game, it seems.

If we can maintain the pressure that we showed against Inter (the 3 or 4 man press in the 2nd half stands out) then there's a chance we can make things happen.

Yes I said in an earlier post we should go hell for leather (high pressing upto 30 mins) Im hoping our extra match sharpness can make a difference in the early stages and we can get a couple of goals and then we can hit them on the counter attack.

Still dont know whether little Azza Lennon will be fit - he always plays well against the liverpool and scares their defenders! I am going to be bold and predict 2-1 to the spurs......sig scores first - gerrard penalty to level it followed by a Jermaine Defoe winner.. heres hoping anyway.

COYS

Lennon has had so many anonymous games in the last few months, I don't think we're missing much tbh.

In that case I don't think you understand how AVB's team works or appreciate Lennon's all round contribution. Yes we'd like it if he could tear the full back apart, put in some dangerous balls and score a goal every game but even when he's not doing that he's still vital to the way we play. Off the ball he presses from the front like mad, he tracks back and helps Walker a hell of a lot, he occupies defenders which leaves more space for Bale and our other attacking players, his pace makes defenders drop deeper than they usually would. There's not many more players in our side who are as important to the system as he is.

In that case I don't think you understand how AVB's team works or appreciate Lennon's all round contribution. Yes we'd like it if he could tear the full back apart, put in some dangerous balls and score a goal every game but even when he's not doing that he's still vital to the way we play. Off the ball he presses from the front like mad, he tracks back and helps Walker a hell of a lot, he occupies defenders which leaves more space for Bale and our other attacking players, his pace makes defenders drop deeper than they usually would. There's not many more players in our side who are as important to the system as he is.

Holtby and Sigurdson can both do the exact same defensive work tbh.
Lennon's lack of movement off the ball is what stops him receiving the ball for most of the game. Some days he's happy to just let the game pass him by. We've all seen it.

Lennon has been our most consistent performer this season and is one of the most underrated players in the Premier League

i think hes more than capable to cover bale/lennon

I think as an attacker I'd absolutely agree for short-spells (great goal today) but it is his defensive work which I think lets hom down still. And given what AVB seems to put premium on, this is a big deal. I think it was Panna away where he just failed to track his man and it led to a goal (as well as a suddenly diminished role)...hope there's room for growth there but I cannot see him being here next season mate.

Holtby and Sigurdson can both do the exact same defensive work tbh.
Lennon's lack of movement off the ball is what stops him receiving the ball for most of the game. Some days he's happy to just let the game pass him by. We've all seen it.

I'd agree that Lennon can let games pass him by, but I dont think Holtby or Siggurdson bring the same amount of defensive nous. Holtby is tenacious, yes, but he tends to drift around so much, looking for the ball and trying to get involved, that he may not offer Kyle Walker the support that he needs. And i think Rossi22 makes a good point in that his pace alone makes defenders drop alot deeper, something that they dont have to fear in either Holby or Sig.

just like arsenal, we'll let them have ALL the possession they want in the middle of the park hoping we can nick it off them there, if not,we'll be very organized at the back etc.

unlike Arsenal however they have an end product. so it will be tougher.

how are we going to punish them on the counter without lennon without bale on the wing? where is the outlet going to come from?

Lennon has had so many anonymous games in the last few months, I don't think we're missing much tbh.

but even when some players are anonymous they reshape the formation and structure of the opposition. chances are that he was anonymous, according to you , because he was double and triple marked. that in itself brings about space for other people....i think you'll see what i mean tomorrow. if bale doesnt frequent a wide position then you'll see what we are missing and what you may have been taking for granted

This could have been a post on RAWK from any point in the last five years, just change 'Bale' to any othe player in a team to finish above Liverpool, and 'Suarez' to Kuyt/Torres etc.

So predictable. Just like next year is going to be their year boss la YNWA.

how are we going to punish them on the counter without lennon without bale on the wing? where is the outlet going to come from?

I think this would be a time when we will see Defoe operating into wider positions to open up the inside, with Sigurdsson doing the same. It will all be about making the space for Bale in the middle, who as we know can terrify CBs. If they close him down, more room for JD as he comes back inside. If they close JD down, more room for Bale. If they close them both down, more room for Sig, especially if the full-backs push up too on the counter and leave Dembele sitting slightly with Parker to be the 'early enforcer' should possession be lost around Liverpools box and they shape to break.

The more I think about tomorrow, the more I think our sense of self-belief and psychology will have a massive effect. Plus Lloris. I genuinely cannot see us losing.

I think this would be a time when we will see Defoe operating into wider positions to open up the inside, with Sigurdsson doing the same. It will all be about making the space for Bale in the middle, who as we know can terrify CBs. If they close him down, more room for JD as he comes back inside. If they close JD down, more room for Bale. If they close them both down, more room for Sig, especially if the full-backs push up too on the counter and leave Dembele sitting slightly with Parker to be the 'early enforcer' should possession be lost around Liverpools box and they shape to break.

The more I think about tomorrow, the more I think our sense of self-belief and psychology will have a massive effect. Plus Lloris. I genuinely cannot see us losing.

Seem to remember him having a great game at Anfield last season. Before and after Suarez's traditional Uruguyan form of affection in kicking him in the solar plexus.

HOLTBY ON LIVERPOOL:

Lewis Holtby is preparing for 'a dream game' at Liverpool on Sunday.

If selected, it will be the first time the midfielder snapped up from Schalke in January has appeared at Anfield.

It will mean that little more to Lewis as well as he revealed recently that his father, Christopher, is an Everton fan!

Both teams are in fine form. Liverpool have scored goals galore - 20 - in their last five wins in the Premier League and are up to seventh on a run of two defeats in their last nine.

We are on a run of 12 matches unbeaten in the Premier League and travel to Merseyside looking for a fifth win on the trot in league action, form that has seen us climb up to third.

“It’s a dream game, a fantastic game for us and another three points to aim for,” said Lewis.

“Anfield is a stadium I’ve always dreamed of playing in, it’s third against seventh and a really tough game but one we’re all looking forward to.”

Lewis came on for the last 20 minutes of Thursday night’s 3-0 win against Inter Milan in the Europa League Round of 16, first leg.

“It was a fantastic performance, the first half was incredible,” he said. “We had so much space and we created so many chances, we could have scored more goals. Brad Friedel did his job as well. We’re in great form and we’ve got to maintain it.”

Maybe it's my age...but although I would be massively disappointed if we lose, it would not be the end of the world for me and it will no longer fudge up my week like it used to. what joy Spurs has given me in the last few years is cumbuckets more than I would have envisioned possible through the 90's and a trophy/CL place would be the icing on the cake but I am for now...content.

Maybe it's my age...but although I would be massively disappointed if we lose, it would not be the end of the world for me and it will no longer fudge up my week like it used to. what joy Spurs has given me in the last few years is cumbuckets more than I would have envisioned possible through the 90's and a trophy/CL place would be the icing on the cake but I am for now...content.

Good man...and I think you're right when we consider the late 90s...

Back