• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool OMT ***

Think the team is obvious, just depends on whether Lennon makes it or not, if he doesn't then Holtby will start.

slow start getting used to tactics and style. Suarez top scorer etc

I got to agree with Mumorn here.
Liverpool were creating but missing lots of chances last season and earlier this season.
They are getting it together now and are in good form.
Now Suarez has found his shooting boots and with the addition of Sturridge, they offer a much bigger threat and more of an end product.

Daws and Benny.

Not been too impressed by BAE defensively recently. And Gallas was good against Milan.

Anyway we will see. If we get a point today I will be happy. If we have a convincing win I think we can start thinking of ourselves as champions.

Not been too impressed by BAE defensively recently. And Gallas was good against Milan.

Anyway we will see. If we get a point today I will be happy. If we have a convincing win I think we can start thinking of ourselves as champions.

I think in the last two games Benny has been great

Anyone know the odds on a Carragher own goal plus red card? Think there's some value in that today.

He has tough decisions to make today. Who do you think should be the other 2?

I don't think the team is obvious.

Indeed. I'm leaning towards Daws and Benny. Having said that, Gallas tends to step up very well in the tough games and I could also see AVB putting Naughton in place of Benny just to mix things up a bit.

Basically, I haven't really answered your question! Rather AVB than any of us.

Reina; Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique; Lucas, Gerrard; Downing, Coutinho; Suarez, Sturridge

Apparently that's their team.

Can see this being a tough match for us. Liverpool has been in good form lately, especially Suarez. But we have had good record against Liverpool in recent years, unbeaten against them in the last 5 league matches. We need to continue that good record to strengthen our place in top 3. I think they key to us getting something out of this match is by stopping Suarez. If we can do that, we would have won half the battle. Hope our defence will step up to the challenge.

Bale will again be our key man in attack. He has scored in our last 5 league matches. Hope he can extend that run. But can see Liverpool having special plan to stop him. Hope other players like Defoe, Sigurdsson, Dembele and Lennon, if fit, will be able to help him. Defoe badly needs a goal to help rediscover his early season goal scoring form. Hope Bale can help Defoe get that much needed goal. Wish Dempsey is for for this match as we will need all our attacking options available. Just can't see Adebayor playing a part in this match as he has been very poor lately.

Dembele and Parker have been in excellent form in midfield lately. We will need both of them to be at their best here. We cannot afford to let LIverpool dominate the midfield. We need to stop their midfield from getting service to Suarez. Hope Parker can do that. Similiarly, Sigurdsson and Lennon need to step up their game to help our attack. Sigurdsson has been in fine form lately, scoring and assisting goals. I think he can be our match winner if Bale is marked tightly. He is beginning to show his true potential which is encouraging. Just wish Lennon can contribute more to our attack. He really needs to score more goals for us like Bale.

I think this match will be won or lost in defence. This will be the battle between Bale and Suarez. It will be the case of which defence copes better stopping Bale or Suarez. Hope our defence will stop Suarez. Would prefer if Vertonghen pairs with Gallas in defence. Gallas' experience will be very usefull in big matches like these. Nice to see Vertonghen in good form lately. Hope he will continue that good form in this match. Lloris will need all the help he can get to stop the Liverpool attack. Hope our defence will come out tops.

We have been unbeaten in our last 12 league matches. Hope we can extend that run. I think this match will play a huge part in how we finish the season. A draw will be a good result but hope we can beat Liverpool.

Reina; Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique; Lucas, Gerrard; Downing, Coutinho; Suarez, Sturridge

Apparently that's their team.

That's what I'd expect. They gonna go for us. Have to remain resolute and be a serious threat on the counter. Really need Azza

Enrique is very attack minded. That is where Lennon would really come in handy. No one tracks back like him!

Early twitter talk however says he is out

Last edited:
In amongst the drivel on RAWK someone made a good point about Dembele taking time on the ball. It goes for our whole team really, early in games we try to slow it down to drain the enthusiasm out of the other team.

But they quickly resorted to the usual tripe:

Cmon I can not think of a single way that Carrick-Scholes is a better midfield duo than Gerrard-Lucas. It should also be noted that Man Utd lost to Spurs at Old Traford with these two in midlfield.

If Bale scores today will become first Tottenham player to score in 6 successive top division games since Garth Crooks (Dec 1984-Jan 1985).

Tottenham are unbeaten in their last 5 PL meetings with Liverpool (W4 D1).

Liverpool are yet to win against a team in the top 7 of the Premier League this season.

Spurs have averaged 2.32 points per game when Dembele has started this season, compared to just 0.57 without him.

Any official team news yet ?

Feeling nervous already. Hope we can continue our good form. Hope the players turn up with the right mentality to beat Liverpool.

Back