• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool OMT ***

Just looking through the RAWK preview, apparently they aren't allowed to put up possible formations before the match? Am I reading this wrong? And if not, why??

I agree that under normal circumstances, a draw up at Anfield would be viewed as a decent result for Spurs.

But these are hardly normal times for us - we're on our best-ever undefeated run in the Premier League and we've already beaten Arsenal and Inter Milan this week.

I really fancy us to make it a fifth consecutive Premier League win on Sunday with the prospect of extending the winning sequence at the Lane against Fulham next time out.

I agree that under normal circumstances, a draw up at Anfield would be viewed as a decent result for Spurs.

But these are hardly normal times for us - we're on our best-ever undefeated run in the Premier League and we've already beaten Arsenal and Inter Milan this week.

I really fancy us to make it a fifth consecutive Premier League win on Sunday with the prospect of extending the winning sequence at the Lane against Fulham next time out.

I know under Harry we won 10 out of 11 in a run but have we ever won more than 5 in a row?

Be huge statement of intent if we can pick up another 3 away points. Not inconceivable as we do have the 2nd best away record this year.

Lennon being out would be a big loss but I doubt that the balance thing would be as much of a problem this time

how comes? for all this talk of us having a more compact style its nothing but a wonky with BAE not being as good as YPL at utilising the entire left flank. thing is that even in a wonky for it to work you have to have one at least able to stretch the opposition

lennon does that for us

this time round liverpool would have less of a variety to worry about...and i dont think our team is technical enough and quick in the bridge between thought and execution to play an exclusively narrow formation

If Lennon is unavailable, AVB could do a lot worse than replace him with Walker and have Naughton behind him at right-back.

how comes? for all this talk of us having a more compact style its nothing but a wonky with BAE not being as good as YPL at utilising the entire left flank. thing is that even in a wonky for it to work you have to have one at least able to stretch the opposition

lennon does that for us

this time round liverpool would have less of a variety to worry about...and i dont think our team is technical enough and quick in the bridge between thought and execution to play an exclusively narrow formation

Because I think that we are playing narrower this season. Lennon is coming inside more and the three playing behind the striker switch positions constantly. I know that we did that well in the first half of last season but VdV had a tendency to chase the ball a bit and this could deny space for team mates.

If Lennon is unavailable, AVB could do a lot worse than replace him with Walker and have Naughton behind him at right-back.

I suppose he could put Friedel there which would be a lot worse but it's still not a good idea.

Because I think that we are playing narrower this season. Lennon is coming inside more and the three playing behind the striker switch positions constantly. I know that we did that well in the first half of last season but VdV had a tendency to chase the ball a bit and this could deny space for team mates.

like i said, its just a wonky...we have to play narrower anyway due to personell.....bale coming in infield now permanently in there....and walker occupying lennons position more than charlie would . but its one thing playing a narrow shape as an option and another thing playing is cause you have no option.

we can afford to play narrow cause we always had the threat of stretching the opposition...now all they have to do is congest the middle and i dont think we are a good enough passing team to be happy with this.

having said that i see doom and gloom before a ball has been kicked. best to give the players a chance to quell my fears before i go all worried

like i said, its just a wonky...we have to play narrower anyway due to personell.....bale coming in infield now permanently in there....and walker occupying lennons position more than charlie would . but its one thing playing a narrow shape as an option and another thing playing is cause you have no option.

we can afford to play narrow cause we always had the threat of stretching the opposition...now all they have to do is congest the middle and i dont think we are a good enough passing team to be happy with this.

having said that i see doom and gloom before a ball has been kicked. best to give the players a chance to quell my fears before i go all worried

I think that there is plenty of pace in Bale, SIG and Holtby to unsettle most teams. Lennon is a big loss (he's a strong contender for player of the season for me) but I am sure that we have replacements good enough to overcome Liverpool and the way that we are setting up with him in the team should help reduce the impact when he's not.

I know lennon is a doubt, but alot of you seem to think he is 100% out, which isnt the case.

It would be a big blow, however for the first time in a long time, i have full confidence that our manager has a plan for when key players are missing

Just looking through the RAWK preview, apparently they aren't allowed to put up possible formations before the match? Am I reading this wrong? And if not, why??

Probably because they are considered as spam, filling up page after page with formations.
There are a lot of Liverpool fans and it's very easy for anyone to just post a formation .. like this:

LLORIS
WALKER - DAWSON - VERTONGHEN - ASSOU EKOTTO
PARKER - DEMBELE
CEBALLOS - BALE - SIGURDSSON
DEFOE

I've seen Ceballos play a couple of times. Not good enough for the first team at all. (At the moment, may I add. Definately has potential.)

Not possible to know before he's been tested, some take the step some don't.
Age wise it's time to see where he's at, will turn 21 this year.

I'd rather see Ceballos or McEvoy before we play with a full back or central midfielder in Lennon's position.

Holtby played right wing for Mainz before joining Schalke, he and Bale could easily rotate positions during the game. Hopefully Azza will be ok though.

Holtby played right wing for Mainz before joining Schalke, he and Bale could easily rotate positions during the game. Hopefully Azza will be ok though.

Wasn't it left? I'm concerned though, with us already having a typical central midfielder on the left in Sigurdsson.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for 10 men to make it difficult for them and for Bale to win it single-handedly again. It's what he does right?

Back