• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool OMT ***

If Gareth Bale scores against Liverpool he will become the first Spurs player to net in six consecutive Premier League matches.

The last Spurs player to manage that feat in the top flight was Garth Crooks between December 1984 and January 1985.

GHod, I fudging hate these tacos. More than Arsenal, but it's all because of their bitter, deluded fans. On the pitch you couldn't find a bigger bunch of scummy cheats than the goons. We HAVE to beat them. Any win would do, but best of all would be a performance that would further fuel their delusions, bitterness and jealousy. 1-0 through Bale after Suarez hits the post and gets booked for diving for a penalty.

I don't know if we win 2-0, 3-0 or better. Cannot recall when I last felt this confident about a Liverpool team.

I feel really positive today, got a feeling for a commanding victory capitalising on Spurs' midweek fatigue and over confidence in believing they are something special.

Imo were pretty even but obviously they've got a few more points than us, brick even everton have more points but were a better team, just one of those seasons. Anyway spurs are third and in good form, were in good form too and were using the ball much better than when we went to WHL. We've cut out the mistakes from the midfield, and pepe has rediscovered his top form going off the past few games. I saw vertonghen's performance against Arsenal, he was great but as a back four they are still susceptible, Arsenal should have carved them open numerous times if they made the correct decisions.

I don't think they will line up to dissimilar than us. Adebayor or Defoe up top with Bale just off. Sturridge will lead the line for us with Suarez just off. Midweek they played sigurdson (sp?) in that inside left position we've seen Henderson and more recently coutinho occupy. Parker and Dembele in the middle, whereas we have Lucas and Gerrard. Lennon in that right, we have downing. Both have attacking fullbacks and one excellent ball playing centreback and then Dawson and Carragher, both experienced, clever defenders. Keepers speak for themselves.

Spurs are more direct, in passing and running. Look at walker, Lennon, Bale. I think in terms of movement were the better team, Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho are better off the ball than spurs. I can't help but think (and I know its difficult) but if you negate the chance for spurs to run at you, if you press them, close them down, you can get the better of them. The natural thing to do against Bale is back off because of his pace but that just gives him an opportunity to shoot from long range, fudging snap the taco and see how much he fancies running them.

I think this would be a time when we will see Defoe operating into wider positions to open up the inside, with Sigurdsson doing the same. It will all be about making the space for Bale in the middle, who as we know can terrify CBs. If they close him down, more room for JD as he comes back inside. If they close JD down, more room for Bale. If they close them both down, more room for Sig, especially if the full-backs push up too on the counter and leave Dembele sitting slightly with Parker to be the 'early enforcer' should possession be lost around Liverpools box and they shape to break.

The more I think about tomorrow, the more I think our sense of self-belief and psychology will have a massive effect. Plus Lloris. I genuinely cannot see us losing.

defoe operating in wider positions doesnt eliminate the fact of a noticeable diminished capacity to counter on the opposition. but even if defoe peeled off wide,.....we are talking about CL wanna be level defenders ......i dont think they would follow him all the way to flank..as opposed to just passing the responsibility over to the next defender....even if they did follow defoe.....that middle i would imagine would be congested that bale would have to worry not primarily of the CB , who as we know will have a tough time handling him, but of the 1 or 2 midfielders that are constantly keeping an eye on his movement...and with a congested centre thats alot of people to avoid...and bale hasnt got that kind of dribble that is prime for beating 3 people in a small area of NO space.

i have to be honest i cant quite picture the analogy you used. okay so defoe drifts wide, does he start in a central position i.e his normal position.....or does he start as a wing forward? if the latter....who is in the middle?

then where does siggy start also...and bale...and holtby. when defoe peels off wide....which position is he peeling off to.....and who was there prior and what are they doing after?

then there is the whole issue of whats the liverpool defenders AND 5 man midfield doing when all these tottenham players are moving around creating space for one another.....are liverpool just standing and watching in a rigid shape like some bad zonal marking in a corner kick? or are they man marking? tracking? or both?

plus if the whole idea is about creating space for bale to have a go at the CBs...does that mean that bale is a full on CF now or is he still a free roller?

like i said , i cant quite picture. your analogy may very well work a treat i just can visualise what you mean yet

GHod, I fudging hate these tacos. More than Arsenal, but it's all because of their bitter, deluded fans. On the pitch you couldn't find a bigger bunch of scummy cheats than the goons. We HAVE to beat them. Any win would do, but best of all would be a performance that would further fuel their delusions, bitterness and jealousy. 1-0 through Bale after Suarez hits the post and gets booked for diving for a penalty.

i actually agree with the long post by the pool fan. at least most of it anyway

This wont be easy at all. Most of you are forgetting one thing - we played 90 mins against Inter - which was at ful throttle. They have no doubt just ounged up all week with the odd few practice sessions in between. Our energy levels may be good but they will still be fresher than us.

This wont be easy at all. Most of you are forgetting one thing - we played 90 mins against Inter - which was at ful throttle. They have no doubt just ounged up all week with the odd few practice sessions in between. Our energy levels may be good but they will still be fresher than us.

West ham were much, much fresher than us when we played them, they even had time to go to Dubai, and although the scoreline reads a close match, we won, and we won late. Which is impressive considering logic would suggest if either team should have finished the game stronger and fitter, it should have been West Ham.

Don't think we will play at the same pace we did against inter. I expect a much more steady pace in the first half at least.

West ham were much, much fresher than us when we played them, they even had time to go to Dubai, and although the scoreline reads a close match, we won, and we won late. Which is impressive considering logic would suggest if either team should have finished the game stronger and fitter, it should have been West Ham.

Liverscum are much much better than West Spam dont forget. Theyre quicker, trickier, better movement and have a much much better finisher. Also we did score a last minute goal oh and we had Lennon which plays a massive part in how much space and freedom others have. Cant compare apples and oranges. I think we are underestimating Liverscum. I hate them SO much and we have to beat them to a pulp but I suppose im just trying to be pragmattic.

If teams put the Pool defence under pressure they crack pretty easily, were too good for them to dominate possession so we'll get chances to score but the same can be said for them it's just a case of which Suarez turns up.

It'll be a close game I'm going for 2-2.

If teams put the Pool defence under pressure they crack pretty easily, were too good for them to dominate possession so we'll get chances to score but the same can be said for them it's just a case of which Suarez turns up.

It'll be a close game I'm going for 2-2.[/QUOTE]

I will take that right now thank you.

We just need to ensure that our coach is kept locked up and that we have a guard on our dressing room throughout the game, if we don't do anything stupid in the first twenty minutes I can see us getting something out of this game, if we win or draw it will be Spurs are as good has we thought and if we loose we can put it down to being a tough away fixture, it's one of those games where you sit down and enjoy it instead of having a heart attack, either way I think it will be a cracker, COYS.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

•Tottenham have won four of their last five games against Liverpool (W4, L1).
•Spurs won 2-0 at Anfield in May 2011, but that is their only victory in their last 18 Premier League games away to Liverpool.
Liverpool

•Liverpool's last six league victories have seen them record a winning margin of at least three goals (3-0 twice, 4-0 twice and 5-0 twice), scoring 24 unanswered goals. In total, they have won eight matches by at least three goals this season - a league high.
•The Reds have scored 22 Premier League goals in 2013, the highest tally in the top flight prior to this weekend.
•Luis Suarez is the third different player to have scored at least 20 Premier League goals for Liverpool, following in the footsteps of Robbie Fowler and Fernando Torres.
Tottenham Hotspur

•Spurs are unbeaten in 12 league games, their longest run without defeat since a 14-match streak between November 1984 and March 1985.
•They have won their last four league games, and have been beaten in only one of their previous 16 matches (W11, D4, L1).
•Gareth Bale has scored seven times in Tottenham's last five league games.
•If the Welshman scores against Liverpool he will become the first Spurs player to net in six consecutive Premier League matches. The last Spurs player to manage that feat in the top flight was Garth Crooks between December 1984 and January 1985.

This is gonna be a real tough match. Liverpool, whilst not winning, have done well recently against the top sides and are banging in loads of goals.

But then again the above can be said about us, and we ARE winning. We will score at least once but I think today will be all about our defence. Walker and Verts were fantastic last 2 games and they will start but the other 2 I will leave to AVB to decide.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

•Tottenham have won four of their last five games against Liverpool (W4, L1).
•Spurs won 2-0 at Anfield in May 2011, but that is their only victory in their last 18 Premier League games away to Liverpool.
Liverpool

•Liverpool's last six league victories have seen them record a winning margin of at least three goals (3-0 twice, 4-0 twice and 5-0 twice), scoring 24 unanswered goals. In total, they have won eight matches by at least three goals this season - a league high.
•The Reds have scored 22 Premier League goals in 2013, the highest tally in the top flight prior to this weekend.
•Luis Suarez is the third different player to have scored at least 20 Premier League goals for Liverpool, following in the footsteps of Robbie Fowler and Fernando Torres.
Tottenham Hotspur

•Spurs are unbeaten in 12 league games, their longest run without defeat since a 14-match streak between November 1984 and March 1985.
•They have won their last four league games, and have been beaten in only one of their previous 16 matches (W11, D4, L1).
•Gareth Bale has scored seven times in Tottenham's last five league games.
•If the Welshman scores against Liverpool he will become the first Spurs player to net in six consecutive Premier League matches. The last Spurs player to manage that feat in the top flight was Garth Crooks between December 1984 and January 1985.

This is gonna be a real tough match. Liverpool, whilst not winning, have done well recently against the top sides and are banging in loads of goals.

But then again the above can be said about us, and we ARE winning. We will score at least once but I think today will be all about our defence. Walker and Verts were fantastic last 2 games and they will start but the other 2 I will leave to AVB to decide.

I'm sure he'll appreciate the gesture ;)

Back