• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool OMT***

Interesting few tweets about what might have happened with VAR and the offside.

In summary VAR ref thought a goal had been given so agreed there wasn’t an offside so said check complete. Then we took the free kick and nothing could be done.

A byproduct of the requirement of speed applied by Media, Managers, fans etc. We have a saying in my work, we can do things quickly, or we can do them right.

Jones red seems to be getting justified and talked down to a yellow by some because he rolled over the ball. Do people not realise how stupid that sounds? If you haven’t tackled properly and your studs have rolled over the ball and into a players shin half way up - clearly you are out of control and reckless. In fairness to Savage and Sutton on 606 they dismissed any Liverpool fans calling up saying it wasn’t a red

Yeah I can’t believe this either. They common theme is “his foot bounced of the top of the ball.” How fudging high was his foot then? Dreadful tackle.

Really? He's 57. You think he still dreams of managing liverpool one day?

People never seem to realise these are professionals doing a job for money, who they liked as a kid has nothing to do with how they do their job. I would have played for Woolwich or anyone else who would have signed me as a kid and would love to be in their first team now.

Seem to remember us getting a perfectly good goal disallowed against these some years ago. We'd been losing 2-0 and got a goal back and then had a perfectly good goal dissalowed late which would have made it 2-2 . Yet most of us can probably barely remember it. Scousers however seem to recall every single decision that's not gone their way when playing us, there's an agenda against them it seems.

That's because there are so few, easier to remember.

The entire world is freaking upset Spurs have beaten the exalted Liverpool. It's the same fcukin' brick every time we win against a high profile club. Beat Man U? How dreadful were THEY? How much at fault was THEIR play. Never about how good we were.

Snag a valuable away draw against the Tinsel Vincibles? All about refs decision and THEIR miscues. Never about what our players have done well. Been like that for far too long. No one likes us or respects us. I don't give the first flying fcuk about how we do it as long as we do it and do it in a style we can applaud.

This manager and this team's style of playing is swiftly changing the narrative. Fcuk 'em all, I say. I don't care how we snag the points. Just give us them all.

They don't ask how. Just how many?

We've just come through two tough games and taken four of six very important points. Moreover, we've left those rivals red, rough and sore about multiple issues. Liverpool especially have suffered a painful loss with Gackpo out for a while with an injury and Jota and Jones out for upcoming games after red cards.

There's a great lost Steely Dan track called The Bear (a reject from their Gaucho album but now on Youtube for you'se culture afficianados) where Donald Fagen sings these immortal lyrics:

"There's a bear that walks like a man
Better shake him fast
Better hide yourself if you can
'Cause he wants your ass
I believe you'll do quite well
But only time will tell
If you got the bear
Or the bear got you"

So far, I believe we got the bear.

Last edited:
The story of this season was meant to be that without Kane spurs were going to be in a relegation battle.

especially with some random Aussie managing us. How dare we hire him!!!

that’s why Neville and others are losing their brick. We are breaking the narrative that they had for us for the season.

long may it continue.

I understand their is going to be a major debate about the referring of this game at the Conservative Party Conference today. Could even be a parliamentary commission to investigate the affair.

Finally a more balanced discussion about the liverpool game ...

https://reddit.com/r/coys/s/dIf5WRPbNB
b233d004a7fddd6ac79821e4a98a5f3b.jpg

RAWK has reached the stage where there's a global conspiracy against them funded by Arab oil states to prevent them from running away with the league (they are that good after all). One poster even dragged up the Epstein case as proof that conspiracy theories can be true.

I think klopp needs a mention for the way he dealt with the press, very mature and pragmatic. I was sure he would go mental but
mas very mature. Fair play.

Don’t be fooled. When something does genuinely go against him/Liv he doesn’t go mad because he knows he doesn’t need to and the media will take care of it. These instances are rare.

More frequently he moans and whines about things which are 50/50 to then plant the seed and influence for future.

I was a bit disappointed with some around me. Some of them moaned non stop. Against Sheffield United, even at 0-1, I thought the support was outstanding and the atmosphere so much better than last year. Today was a step back in some respects.

First half people were moaning that “we were just knocking it around instead of getting it forward”. IMO, it was clearly a tactic to draw the press and play through it. It worked a couple of times too albeit it could have backfired once or twice too.

When they went to 9, the moaning was ridiculous. Yes, we were a bit ponderous and slow to move but the amount of moaning when our lads didn’t shoot was doing my head in. Thing was Liverpool, to their credit, did everything to restrict shots. There was simply no room or opportunity to do it because of how brilliantly they defended their box.

The people leaving early as well? fudge me. After what happened last time? In a massive game v Liverpool that’s finely poised? I know the train strike caused havoc but I can’t believe how many left early.

Of course, at full time, the place was rocking and the craic was brilliant around the bars in the ground. But, after Sheffield United, I was convinced Ange had turned the crowd. Today…I think he might still have work to do.

The club has more fair weather fans now due to the Ange effect. Expect to see similar behaviour increase.

Gary Neville has been really getting on my nerves this season. He was always an opinionated little weasel but he often spoke sense.

This season, his claims that Ange was copying Pep showed his ignorance. His teeing up of Udogie for a roasting v Woolwich and refusing to acknowledge how brilliantly Udogie dealt with that for the the last 60 minutes showed his stubbornness. His claims that it wasn’t a red card yesterday show he’s a bit clueless at times.

He’s disappeared up his own arse.

Back