• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Liverpool OMT***

"Liverpool Football Club acknowledges PGMOL’s admission of their failures last night. It is clear that the correct application of the laws of the game did not occur, resulting in sporting integrity being undermined.
Someone please make a compilation of every snide tackle they made in that match.
Or a general one of Klopp shouting and snarling in officials faces.
Or better still, one of Suarez biting people, abusing Evra, and then the team wearing those t-shirts.
Maybe they think that phrase means something else?

That club is pathetic. The only club to be on the end of bad officiating.

This is laughable from them and their fans are lapping it up.

Anyone who still think Liverpool isn't the biggest set of clams and the "victimpool" tag isn't completely deserved needs to look art this weeks social media

"Liverpool robbed by worse VAR decision ever" (literal title of something posted), wasn't even the worse fudging VAR decision this week ..

Last edited:
Just watching the highlights now. We got out of jail big time. A few thoughts.

I said yesterday VdV was MOTM. And I probably stand by that but he made 3 poor mistakes yesterday:

1. The disallowed goal, he’s poor. Shouldn’t let Salah play that pass
2. The goal, he gave Gakpo space to swivel and shoot. He’s too slow to get out.
3. The Diaz chance, he’s dreadfully poor and has no idea where Diaz is

Still think he’s a player but if I’m the opposition, I’d probably target him a bit.

The red…I just can’t get over Neville’s take on it. “He’s caught the top of the ball and slipped off it”. What the fudge is he doing going for the top of the ball? “It’s not deliberate.” No it wasn’t. But that’s not the fudging rule.

The Jota second yellow. Blame the ref all you like for the first one, but Jota should have been booked earlier and there was what seemed like unintentional contact with Udogie. But that second yellow is beyond brainless.

Yeah Liverpool were very unlucky with the offside and it’s unforgivable by the officials. But the reaction today is like some grave unprecedented injustice. Goals have been incorrectly chalked off for as long as football has existed. It shouldn’t happen like that in this day and age but it’s hardly as big an injustice as those clams are making out.

Get yourself a punnet of grapes for your desk tomorrow. Whenever a scouse walks past, "sour grapes anyone?"

My young fella has a bunch of Dipper fans in his class. He said “I’m gonna rub their noses in it tomorrow.”

Trying to be the responsible parent, I said “ah come on. Those lads weren’t that bad when they beat us. Go easy.”

He said “I hate Liverpool, I’m doing it anyway.”

I couldn’t show it but I was so proud of him.

I said yesterday VdV was MOTM. And I probably stand by that but he made 3 poor mistakes yesterday:

Still think he’s a player but if I’m the opposition, I’d probably target him a bit.

The red…I just can’t get over Neville’s take on it. “He’s caught the top of the ball and slipped off it”. What the fudge is he doing going for the top of the ball? “It’s not deliberate.” No it wasn’t. But that’s not the fudging rule.

The Jota second yellow. Blame the ref all you like for the first one, but Jota should have been booked earlier and there was what seemed like unintentional contact with Udogie. But that second yellow is beyond brainless.

Yeah Liverpool were very unlucky with the offside and it’s unforgivable by the officials. But the reaction today is like some grave unprecedented injustice. Goals have been incorrectly chalked off for as long as football has existed. It shouldn’t happen like that in this day and age but it’s hardly as big an injustice as those clams are making out.
I think Alisson got them out of jail big time.

VDV, Udogie (first 20 against Scum), Sarr, Solomon, Vicario, Porro, Deki will all have bad moments or games, it's the nature of having players that young. I think someone targeting him as a weakness probably won't get much joy.

Completely agree re the rest, it's beyond OTT at this point.

But, the message/narrative is there if you look, how dare Spurs not lose at Arsenal and beat Liverpool & United. Just like in the Harry & Poch era's we were a threat and they did everything to undermine, it will start again.

Gakpo goal was lucky, a good strike but there's five players between him and the goal and it never touched any of them.
Great play, but he didn't see it, he turned and walloped it, 99 out of a 100 that's blocked.
Sometimes it's just meant to be.

Official pompous statement released by Liverpool about the matter.
They think they're so important that they are justified to cry more than others when something wrong happens to them.

"Liverpool Football Club acknowledges PGMOL’s admission of their failures last night. It is clear that the correct application of the laws of the game did not occur, resulting in sporting integrity being undermined.

We fully accept the pressures that match officials work under but these pressures are supposed to be alleviated, not exacerbated, by the existence and implementation of VAR.
It is therefore unsatisfactory that sufficient time was not afforded to allow the correct decision to be made and that there was no subsequent intervention.
That such failings have already been categorised as “significant human error” is also unacceptable. Any and all outcomes should be established only by the review and with full transparency.
This is vital for the reliability of future decision-making as it applies to all clubs with learnings being used to make improvements to processes in order to ensure this kind of situation cannot occur again.
In the meantime, we will explore the range of options available, given the clear need for escalation and resolution."

Paddy power and guardian cartoonist should have a field day with that.
If they're not too scared.

Back