• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace***OMT ***

The longer this goes, the more time and space we'll get. Most important thing this half was to not gift them anything. Job done so far.

Good first half that, played some nice football CP have got alot of bounce about them today making things hard, 2-1 Spurs

GHod townsend is awful... Such a liability, he has no technique. He is one of the most in effective players ive ever seen. He can't rewlly do anything (except take a good penalty :) ).

Lennon for townsemd would improve is no end. (Davies for rose too).

I will say I think we've been okay. We look so so string with stambouli and Dembele in the middle. And walker has been missed.

Well I dont think we will be buying the dvd of that half to ever watch again. Hopefully we can improve in the second half. Need a bit of magic to come.

All pretty solid on a disgraceful pitch in difficult conditions. Townsend really isn't making much of a stab of making the position his own - looks kind of drunk or something. Like to Lennon come on, and maybe Soldado.

I agree too. Several things are clear from that first half.
1. Kane is not a natural hold up no. 9. We should partner him with someone in these type of games. With no Benteke, Soldado is needed.
2. TOwnsend who I have often defended on here is poor again and has no semblence of a partnership with Walker ( mind you neither does Lennon!)
3 Stambouli and Dembele are too similar and too ponderous in the DM roles.

So, I would replace one on Stambouli or Dembele, bring on SolDado and drop Eriksen deeper. If still 0-0 after 60 minutes, bring on Lennon and go for it 424. We need to win this.

Could not agree more!

Cant agree with this. The times PAlace have got on top is because they have outnumbered Dembele and Stambouli in the midfield and swarmed around them. They are both doing a great job of playing against the numbers and keeping possesion. But we do need more going forward. Townsend has shown nothing so far, he needs space to use his pace. Without it he just lays it off. And Eriken and Chadli are threatening to get into the game without actually doing it. For me I would keep the team as it is and then take Townsend off for Lennon if we are not creating anything.

Back