• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace***OMT ***

So, I would replace one on Stambouli or Dembele, bring on SolDado and drop Eriksen deeper. If still 0-0 after 60 minutes, bring on Lennon and go for it 424. We need to win this.

I knew people would think it was easy just to replace one of Stambouli or Dembele. But they are holding off Palace and they are normally outnumbered. Its not one of them that needs to be changed. We need to get the Three behind Kane doing more. And bringing on that waste of space in Soldado is not the answer. Cant believe people still want him in the side. He offers nothing.

According to the co-commentator he likes his players to express themselves and not be afraid to try things. Doesn't remind me of any Pardew side I've ever seen.

I'm listening to Talksport commentary while watching the game and apparently Palace are playing the better football. Oh well.

Cant agree with this. The times PAlace have got on top is because they have outnumbered Dembele and Stambouli in the midfield and swarmed around them. They are both doing a great job of playing against the numbers and keeping possesion. But we do need more going forward. Townsend has shown nothing so far, he needs space to use his pace. Without it he just lays it off. And Eriken and Chadli are threatening to get into the game without actually doing it. For me I would keep the team as it is and then take Townsend off for Lennon if we are not creating anything.
That's my read too. Front guys need to do a bit better.

I'm listening to Talksport commentary while watching the game and apparently Palace are playing the better football. Oh well.

lol, are they ****. We're trying to play but the pitch won't let us, Palace on the rare occasion that they do get it just go long.

COYS! Eriksen came so close, probably should have scored, but then Lloris did well to stop Murray's chance, so perhaps a draw at half time is a fair result, so far. Kane looks to have less space today, than usual, and that's affected his game, understandably so. I think we need Soldado on there to try to buy more space for Kane, if nothing else. I would take off Townsend and bring on Lennon, take off Stambouli for Soldado and use Eriksen from central midfield; Chadli-Kane-Lennon as the new three, behind Soldado.

I knew people would think it was easy just to replace one of Stambouli or Dembele. But they are holding off Palace and they are normally outnumbered. Its not one of them that needs to be changed. We need to get the Three behind Kane doing more. And bringing on that waste of space in Soldado is not the answer. Cant believe people still want him in the side. He offers nothing.

But we need to move the ball quicker to the top, with a bit more incision especially against a side set up to sit and play on the break like they are. Lennon would be OK, I personally would gamble on Paulinho for Stambouli at some point but confess it would be a gamble. However one of those two needs to be more mobile IMV...further, I would not object to Soldado for Townsend or Chadli (probably Townsend tho even at his ****tiest he has way more pace) let Harry drop in or off wide, let Eriksen go where he needs to go...

dropping points against dog sh1t teams like this partly underdoes the work we did against CHel53a

Soldado for Stambo asap please and play Eriksen in CM

In fairness, Pardew is just starting there and has not got a lot of time to get his ideas across. Playing Spurs, if I was manager, I would do the same, frustrate and catch us on the break. Thought the Palace fans were great despite not a lot attacking wise from their team.

For us, I thought we did well first half considering how Palace are playing. Maybe Kane is too deep at times but overall I wouldnt change much at half time. I think we have the quality here to win the game, maybe a scrappy 1-0 but who cares if we get 3 points.

Back