• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Crystal Palace***OMT ***

I prefer Mason and Bentaleb, but I actually thought Stambouli and Dembele did alright in midfield. The problem, imo is we don't have good enough options to come in for Eriksen, Chadli and Kane. Two of them were below par against Palace and I put that down to the amount of football they've had in a short space of time.

Eriksen has worked his nuts off lately, it's not surprising that he'll have a little dip if he's gotta go in game after game. But when you see what comes off the bench, you see why Poch has to keep picking the same players. Once we address that, we'll see more games like the Chelsea one and less like the Palace one, imo.

Agreed. We cannot blame the ref as even Kane was in a offside position when he scored that goal. Also, Kane was a bit immature when he fell down like that under challenge. Kane's fall didn't look natural at all. At first glance, it looked like a dive by Kane but only the TV replays showed he was fell by the Palace player. Also, thought we were lucky not to concede 2 other penalties as Vertonghen and Walker clearly handled the ball. In fact, even Walker stopped playing thinking he had conceded the penalty late in the match.

You do know that if a ball strikes a hand it doesn't t mean it's a handball. Neither of those should have be given. Anyone (pundits included) are being ignorant if they think they were pens.

Kane didn't throw himself downany more than their player and Kane's was a nailed on pen IMO. Replays showed that theirs wasn't a pen but I can see why t was given and a moment of stupidity from stambouli allowed the ref to make a decision. If he has scored from that positon you would have said fair play lad as you have it all to do.

End of the day we loose Our midfield heartbeat (some people still dont rate Mason/nabil) and we get an AVB team again. We looked slow, narrow and tired. Bad day at the office and whist we are forced to put out a team with a midfield likethat, we are Likely to get more perfomances like yesterday imo.

If kane gets injured, we are screwed and tbh levy has to pull his finger out this month to give us any chance of doing anything this season. Yes I know he won't but I dare to dream anyway.

Yesterday's result now even more disappointing after United lose and Arsenal win.
3 points would have put us above **** and on equal points to United.
So disappointing after the 4 pts taken from United and Chelsea. We really need 6 pts from Sunderland and WBA, not least because the next three after that are against ****, Liverpool and West Ham.

Was so obvious. Every season, Spurs chuck away just enough points to avoid qualifying for the CL losing to ѕhіt at the аrsе end of the table.

I don't care where we finish as long as we keep developing young players, it's obvious that's our strategy for the next few years in the run up to the new stadium. Going deep in the cups would be nice though, really would like to see Mason, Nabil and Kane lead us out at Wembley and other European venues.

I don't care where we finish as long as we keep developing young players, it's obvious that's our strategy for the next few years in the run up to the new stadium. Going deep in the cups would be nice though, really would like to see Mason, Nabil and Kane lead us out at Wembley and other European venues.

me too, and I wish levy would come out to say the same. it wouldn't put off the fans - put it would help them understand that we are after a bigger purpose including the "right" way to run a club, and its relationship with the community.

i thought we had a comms/PR director ... i think her "shut up" policy is just plain lazy, better off we sacked her and used her wages and bonuses on another youth player, and let King or Freud do the talking for the club.

I think we miss AVB

ho ho ho, there are some very strange folk out there in cyberland.:ross: Hugely disappointing to lose but c'est la vie.

People can say whatever they want about AVB. But he made us hard to beat, especially in away matches. He is probably the only Spurs manager in recent history that avoided losing to any shyte team in away league matches.

People can say whatever they want about AVB. But he made us hard to beat, especially in away matches. He is probably the only Spurs manager in recent history that avoided losing to any shyte team in away league matches.

He also made us hard to watch.

The vast majority of AVBs teams contained Gareth Bale, which is prrobably why people remember AVB teams fondly.

But I liked the guy, I would like him to have been given longer.

The vast majority of AVBs teams contained Gareth Bale, which is prrobably why people remember AVB teams fondly.

But I liked the guy, I would like him to have been given longer.

I think Bale was just one of the reason why people liked AVB. In fact, I think AVB improved Bale greatly. Another reason is that he improved our traditionally-shyte away form in the league which includes a first away win over ManU in over 20 years. We only lost narrowly to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, ManCity, Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool in away matches. And we finished with record league points, 72, which was only 6 points behind 2nd placed ManCity.

Still feeling very upset about this defeat to Palace. Watched this match with 10 year old and 7 year old nephews who are both Spurs fans. They were very excited after the Chelsea win and stayed awake to watch the whole match despite it coming at 1.30am here in Asia. Obviously, they were very disappointed after the match. Not sure why Spurs always cause us mental torture like this.

AVB. Yeah I remember him. Don't think too many were calling for him to stay in charge after we got crushed 5-0 at home to Liverpool. We were abject in his last season, appalling. The fact the guy bottled it and didn't even fight for his job tells you all you need to know about the direction we were heading in under that charlatan.

He absolutely screwed up at Chelsea, leading a moneyball team to 6th in the league. 6th!

Can't we just look forwards and get behind the current incumbent? Pining over a manager who was absolute gash I can't quite get my head around. I question if people ever actually saw Spurs play under AVB, and the 'progression' over his time in charge.

There have been more highlights under Poch during the pre-match warm-up than there were at any time under AVB. The bloke is toilet. Pure and simple, and the football was an embarrassment, to be quite frank.

AVB. Yeah I remember him. Don't think too many were calling for him to stay in charge after we got crushed 5-0 at home to Liverpool. We were abject in his last season, appalling. The fact the guy bottled it and didn't even fight for his job tells you all you need to know about the direction we were heading in under that charlatan.

He absolutely screwed up at Chel53a, leading a moneyball team to 6th in the league. 6th!

Can't we just look forwards and get behind the current incumbent? Pining over a manager who was absolute gash I can't quite get my head around. I question if people ever actually saw Spurs play under AVB, and the 'progression' over his time in charge.

There have been more highlights under Poch during the pre-match warm-up than there were at any time under AVB. The bloke is toilet. Pure and simple, and the football was an embarrassment, to be quite frank.

Absolutely bang on the money

He absolutely screwed up at Chel53a, leading a moneyball team to 6th in the league. 6th!

Totally agree bang on the money it is a bit hard for fans to get behind a manager tho when the chairman himself doesn't get behind him and back him properly

Shame about this result considering they were without Bolasie, Chamakh and Jedinak, probably 3 of their best players.

As many have said that was a typical game of this year where as in the past we've had some luck, this time it's gone against us. Fair play.

I think the last few weeks made a few people believe top 4 is still on, and whilst it's mathematically possible it still is. More importantly though the team is still looking for it's identity and we have seen progress since the beginning of the season, which is all I really asked for as a fan. The 5-3 win proved we can beat anyone on our day and that is very satisfying.

This. Can someone who thinks AVB is a top manager please tell me what the game plan was for our home games?

Was so obvious. Every season, Spurs chuck away just enough points to avoid qualifying for the CL losing to ѕhіt at the аrsе end of the table.

Absolutely this. So just like when we beat Chelsea under Jol then lost to Reading. Only good thing to come from this is we spend some money on a centre mid, centre half and striker.

Absolutely this. So just like when we beat Chelsea under Jol then lost to Reading. Only good thing to come from this is we spend some money on a centre mid, centre half and striker.

Daniel%20Levy.jpg

There's a group of fans on here who judging by the **** they post we should storm the league every year. They just want instant success, first sign of it not going right, sack the manager and start again. I'm betting most of them have never played football at a decent level. Why should we go to Palace and expect to beat them, its that attitude throughout the club over the last 20 years thats left us as a team that flatters to deceive. Until the mentality of the players, the fans and anyone associated with the club changes we'll always have days like today. Levy should tell Poch that he's here for the next 5 years whatever happens and just let him get on with building a club with a solid foundation. If he upsets a few mongs on the way then so be it.

instant success....................:ross:

1961 ......................last League win.

Back